Seahawks SUCK !!!!

Will Doug Baldwin score the most TDs as a receiver like he did last season? He tied with someotherbody with 14 getting 11 in the second half of the season in which the O-Line decided to protect Wilson.

Seahawks Wide Receiver Doug Baldwin Unveiled at No. 72 on NFL Network's Top 100 Players of 2016

btw Huggy did you see that piece ESPN did the other day on the seahawks? they were talking about with all their defections they have had,their once dynasty they seemed for sure to have in place,may be in danger now.i assume you did catch that?

Will Doug Baldwin score the most TDs as a receiver like he did last season? He tied with someotherbody with 14 getting 11 in the second half of the season in which the O-Line decided to protect Wilson.

Seahawks Wide Receiver Doug Baldwin Unveiled at No. 72 on NFL Network's Top 100 Players of 2016

btw Huggy did you see that piece ESPN did the other day on the seahawks? they were talking about with all their defections they have had,their once dynasty they seemed for sure to have in place,may be in danger now.i assume you did catch that?

I rarely watch ESPN. I follow some of ESPN on radio. Lately I've been working on a custom ladder rack for the F 250 High Rise 4 X 4 so radio is all I can work in.

What do you/they mean by "all" the defections? I'm only aware of just a scant few.

Mebane, Irvin, Sweezy and Okung.

We've got Mebane and Irvin covered on the D-Line. I'm totally happy with the D-line as it stands right now.

Sweezy and Okung? Ya we lost two guys on one of the most worthless O-Lines in the NFL. Big whoop! That sad O-Line was due for a MAJOR shake up anyway. MMW's. We NEEDED to have Okung go bye-bye as well as Sweezy. Okung has been a sorry excuse for a L-Tackle IMHO. He is ALWAYS injured. He's certainly NOT worth what he wanted to get paid. Sweezy is a penalty manufacturing machine. I'm glad both of them are gone making way for some new and sadly needed talent.

Seahawks/Russell Wilson ranked the top team/QB situation heading into the 2016 season:

"PATRICK DAUGHERTY
GOAL LINE STAND

“Franchise player” has a synonym: Elite quarterback. There are no franchise receivers or guards. Perhaps once a decade the moniker is applied to a non-signal caller. J.J. Watt, Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor have all made claims to it. Even amongst quarterbacks, those who earn true “franchise” status are few and far between. Perhaps 9-10 have it now. The rest must be built up instead of built around.

So which teams are in the best shape at sports’ most important position? It’s not as easy as simply having the best quarterback. Age and injury history must be included in any future calculations. Tom Brady is still playing at an MVP level, but how many years does he have left? Carson Palmer was dominant in 2015, but is a ticking time bomb of an injury risk. Tony Romo is having trouble staying on the field. With all that in mind, we’ll assess the league’s quarterback situations

I’ll use the same explainer I did last year because it still rings true: This list will look dramatically different than a straightforward ranking based on 2016 expectations alone. Not that 2016 is completely discounted. Having a good quarterback locked down for even one year is an achievement many teams can’t muster. But the focus is on the future, particularly the next 3-5 seasons.

Last year's list can be found here.

1. Seahawks, Russell Wilson

Last Year’s Ranking: 3

Russell Wilson was the No. 75 overall pick of the 2012 draft. Four years later, he’s made 74 straight starts, and is coming off a stratospheric 2015 that cemented his standing amongst the elite of the elite. You could certainly argue that Wilson still isn’t as good as Aaron Rodgers, but you can’t argue his age — five years younger. That’s not to say youth alone is Wilson’s claim to the top spot. Whereas Rodgers struggled with a bad supporting cast last season, Wilson has consistently thrived with them. He’s also been held back by a run-first scheme that finally gave way to his unique gifts in 2015. Marshawn Lynch slept through his victory lap, so Wilson took the reins of the offense and put it on his back. Wilson has no missing pieces. He’s durable bordering on unbreakable, has made 10 postseason starts — including two Super Bowls — and gotten better each year. He is the envy of the league at its most important position. He is the most irreplaceable player in football, and the No. 1 reason the Seahawks will be challenging for Super Bowls for years to come.

2. Packers, Aaron Rodgers

Last Year’s Ranking: 2

12 quarterbacks threw for over 4,000 yards last season. Aaron Rodgers wasn’t one of them. Playing with the worst supporting cast of his career, Rodgers proved human after all, posting career lows in completion percentage (60.7), yards per attempt (a stunning 6.68) and quarterback rating (92.7). This being Rodgers’ Packers, the season still ended in a place many would kill for — an overtime Divisional Round loss — but Rodgers proved no one is immune to an offense with Davante Adams as its No. 2 receiver. The good news is, Rodgers appeared in all 16 games for the second consecutive year, and didn’t lose any miles off his fastball. Although he’s now 32, Rodgers remains in his physical prime. The even better news is that Jordy Nelson is back for 2016, giving Rodgers the No. 1 he so desperately missed, and returning Randall Cobb to the No. 2 role he’s best suited for. 2015 was a bad year for Rodgers, but a one-off, not the beginning of the end. Rodgers is the league’s best pure passer, and should remain so for at least the next 2-3 seasons.

3. Panthers, Cam Newton

Last Year’s Ranking: 8

Cam Newton was already unlike any player in NFL history. In 2015, he had a season to match, becoming the first quarterback to throw for 35 touchdowns while managing 10 more on the ground. Newton did so with Ted Ginn as his “No. 1 receiver” and Jonathan Stewart as his No. 1 running back. Newton carried his offense to a degree rarely seen, and an unprecedented one for a dual-threat quarterback. Newton’s 2015 was the fulfillment of the Michael Vick prophecy. As you consider Newton’s future, you could harp on the fact that he takes more crushing hits than any quarterback, or instead marvel that he’s missed only one game with a football-related injury in five years. Newton may not be indestructible, but he sure has looked like it. He’s also remained on a steady upward trajectory, and is just 124 days older than Andrew Luck. It’s possible Newton has already had his career year, but he’s 27 with an MVP and three straight division titles under his belt. Newton has delivered on his promise, and promises to keep the Panthers in contention for years to come.

4. Colts, Andrew Luck

Last Year’s Ranking: 1

Neither Andrew Luck’s physical or mental gifts are in doubt. The 26 year old can make any throw, and is Roethlisberger-strong in the pocket. He is one of the most outwardly cerebral athletes in sports. He’s won. A lot. None of that can hide the fact that 2015 was a major step backwards. Even though he was playing hurt before he got injured, Luck’s performance cannot be excused. He produced only two more touchdowns (15) than turnovers (13), and was more Blake Bortles than Peyton Manning with his accuracy. The disastrous campaign also brought Luck’s good-but-not-great career numbers into sharp relief. Through 55 starts and 2,106 NFL throws, Luck has completed a mediocre 58.1 percent of his passes. He’s barely cleared 7.00 yards per attempt (7.05), and is the owner of an 85.0 quarterback rating. Luck is a born playmaker. He almost singlehandedly turned a 2-14 disaster into a three-time division champion overnight. But he’s not a finished product, and four years in, it’s fair to wonder what Luck is working toward. He still might be the heir apparent to Manning, Brady and Rodgers. He could also be a glorified Matthew Stafford. The former is still more likely, but the latter must at least be considered. That wasn’t the case this time a year ago.

5. Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger

Last Year’s Ranking: 5

Ben Roethlisberger is better than ever. This isn’t really up for debate. The 34 year old completed 68 percent of his passes last season while still somehow averaging 8.4 yards per attempt. Roethlisberger has the rare ability to not only drive the ball down the field, but maintain his accuracy while doing so. According to Pro Football Focus, no one was better at it last year. The problem is that even though Ben is better than ever, he’s also older and more injury prone than ever. Roethlisberger got carted off the field not once, not twice, but three times in 2015, suffering knee, foot and shoulder injuries. He mixed in a concussion for good measure. Roethlisberger has truly gotten better with age, but can age remain kind to someone who takes so many hits? If it does, Roethlisberger will threaten for MVP status with Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Markus Wheaton, Sammie Coates and Ladarius Green at his disposal.

6. Patriots, Tom Brady/Jimmy Garoppolo

Last Year’s Ranking: 9

In the NFL, age does not let you down gently — it stalks like a predator on the open savanna. Peyton Manning was challenging for the MVP midway through the 2014 season. 16 months later, he was retiring because it was his only option. The cliff is waiting for Tom Brady, too, but damn if he isn’t doing an amazing job eluding it. Brady was the league’s best player last season before injuries robbed him of his weapons. Even with all the carnage, he still got his team to within a field goal of its seventh Super Bowl appearance on his watch. Going on 39, Brady could have as few as two years left, but two years of Brady is better than five from an average quarterback. Brady’s four-game suspension complicates matters for 2016, but 12 starts should be more than enough to put the Pats in the driver’s seat for their eighth consecutive AFC East title. "

NFL's Best QB Situations 2016 - Rotoworld.com

Brandon Browner, the TRUE MVP of Superbowl 49 and the REAL reason the Hawks threw an interception, is back in the fold. Browner jumped the blocking assignment that was meant for Butler leaving Butler free to smash into Lockette and the ensuing interception. Browner's understanding of the Hawk's tendencies were key to that championship saving play. For those of you that don't follow the specific breakdown's of important plays like yours truly, I credit Browner for fending off the rub which led to the worst play in Seahawk's history.

More on Browner's new position with the Seahawks:

Brandon Browner Excited About His New Role With Seahawks

Just wondering,is there any truth to this by chance Huggy? a fellow LA Ram fan i know is saying that the seahawks along with the niners are on the decline. The niners yeah,everyone knows that,nobody will argue that obvious one. But the seahawks? I cant believe he was serious.

He seems to think that just because Lynch retired that they are on the decline as well. what is Schneiders plan for the running game with Lynch gone now?

Maybe you can address these points he brought up for his reasoning as well.He also mentioned that they had a poor draft. do you agree?

The other one I could not believe i was hearing from him is he was saying the players on the team are now jeoulous of the attention Wilson is getting.I dont follow the seahawks anymore with the Rams back in LA and all so I have not heard of any of that.is any of that true? and again,tell me why you disagree with him that the seahawks drafted poorly this year.thanks.

Just wondering,is there any truth to this by chance Huggy? a fellow LA Ram fan i know is saying that the seahawks along with the niners are on the decline. The niners yeah,everyone knows that,nobody will argue that obvious one. But the seahawks? I cant believe he was serious.

He seems to think that just because Lynch retired that they are on the decline as well. what is Schneiders plan for the running game with Lynch gone now?

Maybe you can address these points he brought up for his reasoning as well.He also mentioned that they had a poor draft. do you agree?

The other one I could not believe i was hearing from him is he was saying the players on the team are now jeoulous of the attention Wilson is getting.I dont follow the seahawks anymore with the Rams back in LA and all so I have not heard of any of that.is any of that true? and again,tell me why you disagree with him that the seahawks drafted poorly this year.thanks.

Hawks on the decline?

I disagree.

Yes the offense has changed in that Lynch is retired but what about last season? What exactly did Lynch contribute to the Seahawks last year? The Hawks offense was snake bit last season with two huge injuries. Jimmy Graham was just getting into his stride when he went down with a serious leg injury requiring several operations then rookie Thomas Rawls was plugged in as the starting back and was flat tearing it up with huge chunks of yardage taken. He was actually running better than Lynch did when you take away those two huge runs Lynch had. And they occurred on two different seasons.

If Rawls and Graham come back healthy and Lockett, Kearse, and Baldwin stay healthy with Wilson even MORE experienced there is no way the Hawks Offense has taken a step backwards.

But like last season much has to do with the O-LIne. Cable thinks he has finally found a combination that will work even at the start of the season. I am not concerned that Okung and Sweezy are gone. Okung was highly over rated as many of Wilson's sacks and hurries came from his side and Sweezy made NUMEROUS mistakes especially penalties. Okung committed MANY penalties himself.

Now the Defense...

The secondary will be just as good if not better with the entire original LOB back on the field and backups healthy for a change.

The D-Line will be strong as usual against the run. Michael Bennett and Frank Clark will put extreme pressure on opposing QBs.

Yes we lost a few good players but we had a great draft and had some very good players waiting in the wings to step up and step in.

With Wilson as our QB we should be in every game we play this season.

As with every team injuries can dictate the future. If we stay pretty much injury free we are certainly good enough to go deep into the playoffs if not another SB appearance...then it's just a matter of how we match up with the AFC champion. We flat tore Denver a new A-Hole and came within a yard of a great come back win against the Pats. My guess is that we are somewhere in between the quality of those two teams.

they have pretty much all the places in place for another run at the superbowl title EXCEPT the offensive line.That is one concern they will have because while Idifi looks like he will be a good player in the future,too many question marks in losing the entire line that got them there two years ago with all those members gone now in their win against denver.

You just cant expect two rookies to jump right in immediately and have an impact.that rarely happens. that superbowl run will have to wait im afraid till next year because it will take around mid season before they start to jell and are all able to work together as one unit.You just cant keep losing player after player and expect to pick it up right where you left off from last year.

the defense will keep them in a lot of games for them,thats for sure.No fallout there,but the offensive line is too much of a question mark that I dont see them ready to make another run at the superbowl till next season.

I would say the NFC title game will come down to being between Minnesota vs either green bay or Arizona.If Carson Palmer can stay healthy for most the season,then I see them in the title game against them especially since they got Chandler Jones from the cheatriots.Otherwise I am expecting it to be between Green Bay and Minnesota.

oh you forgot to answer if you agree if they had a poor draft or not?

I did answer that question. I said I thought they had a great draft. They went overboard on drafting running backs in my opinion but that was just insurance in case Rawls doesn't come back from his injury as well as we hope.

We took a stud, Ifedi, 325lbs on the O-Line and another stud Reed 311lbs on the D-Line. Because of free agency those were our most pressing needs. That kid from TCU Hunt 299 lbs is probably too small to play center and Cable put Brit 315 lbs in there anyway. As far as I know we are going to install Gilliam at L Tackle to replace Okung. That will probably be the position of greatest concern. Cable seems to be happy with this lineup. We shall see. If they work well as a unit we will win a lot of games. If they don't we will still probably make the playoffs but be in a lot of nail biters. We don't have the typical QB in Wilson and even if he gets hurried more than we would like he can turn lemons into margaritas.

l will start early and make a couple predictions....New England and Seattle in the Superbowl.

Why? Because there is no real threat to the Patriots in the AFC. But watch Oakland and maybe KC.

Green Bay is getting old....the Panthers were/are overrated. The Vikings may have a outside shot but I doubt it.

l will start early and make a couple predictions....New England and Seattle in the Superbowl.

Why? Because there is no real threat to the Patriots in the AFC. But watch Oakland and maybe KC.

Green Bay is getting old....the Panthers were/are overrated. The Vikings may have a outside shot but I doubt it.

I'm going to say that after his suspension, Brady has a bad year. Well, bad for him, at least. At the end of the year there will be talk about whether he should retire.

The Panthers will find out how much they relied on Josh Norman....while Norman will find out how much of his success had to do with the team around him.

I haven't the slightest clue who goes to the SB. If I'm wrong about Brady having an off year, I'll go with NE. I think there are a number of contenders in the NFC.

We will find out in week 6. Seahawks travel to NE for both team's SB preview. Brady will have a game under his belt and Seattle's O-Line will have had a few games to get steady.

This may be one of the best games in the regular season.

We will find out in week 6. Seahawks travel to NE for both team's SB preview. Brady will have a game under his belt and Seattle's O-Line will have had a few games to get steady.

I'm just hoping the Niners can split with the Hawks, despite the seeming difference in quality of the teams. I can't bring myself to worry about a Pats/Hawks game in week 6 at this point. :lol:

I'm just hoping the Niners can split with the Hawks, despite the seeming difference in quality of the teams. I can't bring myself to worry about a Pats/Hawks game in week 6 at this point. :lol:

The only way a split with the 9ers could happen this season would be if Wilson gets injured.

Why do you want Russell to get injured?

In the last 4-5 seasons the Hawks have had the NFL's #1-#2 scoring Defense. That will not change this season with the LOB back together and healthy. With Bennett and Clark leading the pass rush and Bobby Wagner the center of the Linebackers it will be both very difficult for opposing teams to score on the ground and through the air. Their trademark ability to prevent long plays should continue.

On Offense Wilson is only getting better and could be in the conversation as League MVP.

As with all teams injury could decide the outcome of the season. No team will start out with better overall talent.

I like our chances.

In the last 4-5 seasons the Hawks have had the NFL's #1-#2 scoring Defense. That will not change this season with the LOB back together and healthy. With Bennett and Clark leading the pass rush and Bobby Wagner the center of the Linebackers it will be both very difficult for opposing teams to score on the ground and through the air. Their trademark ability to prevent long plays should continue.

On Offense Wilson is only getting better and could be in the conversation as League MVP.

As with all teams injury could decide the outcome of the season. No team will start out with better overall talent.

I like our chances.
even with a shaky offensive unproven line?

That is again WHY I am taking the Vikings to win the NFC. For the AFC,the steelers.they took the donkeys to the wire in the AFC title game up in denver where it is the most difficult place for visiting teams to play in that mile high altitude despite not having their big play maker antonio brown.

Forum List

Back