Sea level rise, 2019

Why do people keep posting pictures of houses up maybe ten or twenty feet above sea level ... it will be 500 years or more before they're in trouble ...

Not according to the doom and gloomers. More to the point, it is the sea front property that is the expensive stuff. How far above sea level is the beach front property again?

Why do people keep posting pictures of houses up maybe ten or twenty feet above sea level ... it will be 500 years or more before they're in trouble ...
Moron thinks the ocean is a flat bowl of water.

"Water seeks it's own level" ... yeah, it's called "gravity", it sucks but it's the law ... pour some water in one end of a tub, see how long it stays piled up where you poured it, not long at all ...
Do you know what tides are? What waves are? What tidal surge is?

Those are things that are already happening ... do you know why the King Tide of early January 2018 was the highest for the next 40 years? ... perihelion is on January 5th, 2020, which is unfortunately first quarter Moon phase ... the two tidal forces are at right angles this year ... 2018 they lined up at perihelion and very close to perigee ...

Waves can get built up with the right fetch ... more common on the Pacific Coast with the more direct line on the Westerlies ... Atlantic not so much, but it can happen ... in fact ... has already happened ...

Storm surge is a matter of probabilities ... that's why there's FEMA maps ... so folks know the probabilities of getting wash away in any given hurricane season ...

People who can afford to build beachfront homes can also afford to hire engineers to figure out all these risks ... and they take into account all these water levels will be two feet higher by year 2100 ... next time you have a King Tide and a storm rolling in from the right direction, take a stick to the beach and shove it into the sand where the highest wave breaks and begins to recede ... break the stick two feet above the sand and level over ... that's where the wave will break and recede in 80 years ... how much closer to the line of homes is it? ...

Those are things that are already happening ... do you know why the King Tide of early January 2018 was the highest for the next 40 years? ... perihelion is on January 5th, 2020, which is unfortunately first quarter Moon phase ... the two tidal forces are at right angles this year ... 2018 they lined up at perihelion and very close to perigee ...

Waves can get built up with the right fetch ... more common on the Pacific Coast with the more direct line on the Westerlies ... Atlantic not so much, but it can happen ... in fact ... has already happened ...

Storm surge is a matter of probabilities ... that's why there's FEMA maps ... so folks know the probabilities of getting wash away in any given hurricane season ...

People who can afford to build beachfront homes can also afford to hire engineers to figure out all these risks ... and they take into account all these water levels will be two feet higher by year 2100 ... next time you have a King Tide and a storm rolling in from the right direction, take a stick to the beach and shove it into the sand where the highest wave breaks and begins to recede ... break the stick two feet above the sand and level over ... that's where the wave will break and recede in 80 years ... how much closer to the line of homes is it? ...
Biden: ‘We’re All Dead’ if We Don’t Stop Using Fossil Fuels.

They wouldn't be caught dead falling for the Chinese Hoaxters' hoax - hence they take solace in Al Gore and President Obama buying beachfront homes, though none of the goofs knows the houses' exact elevation. .

Personally, I take solace in the fact that for all the thousands of billions...perhaps as much as a trillion dollars spent in the past 5 decades on the study of the climate...not a single piece of observed measured evidence has been produced which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...

I take solace in the fact that to date, there has not been a single paper published in which the warming that we are supposed to be causing by our activities has been empirically measured, quantified, and blamed on our so called greenhouse gasses.

I take solace in the fact that for all the research done, and all the claims being made, there is not a single piece of empirical evidence which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere.

If you people could actually provide some empirical evidence to support your claims that we are causing the climate to change...or even that the claimed change of 2 degrees (but probably less) over the next century is bad then perhaps my solace might not be so secure...if you could even state what the ideal temperature is for life on planet earth and provide some actual empirical evidence to support the claim, and if that temperature were the relatively cold of the present climate then my solace might be interrupted.

I take solace in the fact that for all the money wasted on this branch of present day pseudoscience, you can offer nothing more than platitudes, vague warnings that the climate in which humanity changed from hunter gatherers to civilization builders is going to kill us. I take solace in the fact that in spite of the overwhelming science you claim supports your belief, you can provide nothing of an empirical nature that actually supports that belief...

I take solace in the fact we're not related ...

You've been shown the evidence ... you just won't look ... if monkey don't hear and monkey don't see, then maybe monkey shouldn't talk ...

..I don't care--I don't live by the sea

That's a terrible attitude ... that's like me bragging about all the Pacific Coast is up on bluffs ... and this is strictly an Atlantic Coast problem ... and who cares about them idiots building in flood plains ... or, get this, New Orleans re-building TEN FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL ... People who suffer from climate change DESERVE TO SUFFER ...

Just so you know why I know you have a terrible attitude about this ..

Heres the thing about sea level rise......

Voters dont care.....not a wit. Voters are far more concerned about red light camera's and the homeless problem.....and about 30 other things ahead of sea level rise. Climate crusaders, being hopelessly hysterical people, just dont get that it's a political dud :hello77:

Old Rocks, while passionate about his cause has consistently displayed the political IQ of a small soap dish on climate change.

Climate Crisis is a great "look at me, look at me" campaign topic ... very few people understand the basics of climate, so many many claims can be made with few to point out the errors, and enough of these folks are simply paid off to keep silent ...

I advocate conservation not because of global warming, rather to save money ... go ahead and hate me for wanting you to have more money ... I have rent increase paperwork I want to give you ...

You've been shown the evidence ... you just won't look ... if monkey don't hear and monkey don't see, then maybe monkey shouldn't talk ...
I have been shown what passes for evidence of .... something in the minds of people who either have a a very low bar...or are easily fooled...no actual empirical evidence to support the age hypothesis over natural variability as no such evidence exists.

And I take solace in the fact that we aren't related also...I would hate to think that one of my kinsmen was so easily fooled by sideshow hucksterism.

Does this mean YOU have posted a model free science research paper, that is in favor of empirical research on CO2 warm forcing properties?

What evidence?

They often show what passes for evidence in their minds....it's never evidence of what they think it is, but when you believe in magic, you have to set the bar pretty low,

What evidence?

They often show what passes for evidence in their minds....it's never evidence of what they think it is, but when you believe in magic, you have to set the bar pretty low,
Evidence = top story on the Weather Channel

Stefan-Boltzmann equation will give the Earth's blackbody temperature ... I haven't personally measured the solar constant, but this information is widely available in any scientific reference manual ... we plug in all these into SB and the answer is 277 K ... 4ºC ... and there's a couple of different ways to verify this result ...

What we actually measure is closer to 290 K ... 16ºC ...

I consider this as empirical evidence ... SSDD doesn't ... all I can say is show me your math and point out where my error is ...

Forum List

Back