'scraping by' on $400,000 a year

If she lives in NYC, $400,000 is scraping by but BARELY. If the public schools in NYC were better, maybe she wouldn't have to send her kids to private school. If the cost of living in NYC wasn't so high, maybe she wouldn't have to work and employ a nanny to care for her kids while she works.

In fact, if that family makes $400,000 a year their take home is probably way less than that. She has got to clip coupons to squeak by on $400.000 a year.

My heart bleeds for anyone who can't make it on $400,000 per year, even in NYC. Yes, it costs significantly more to live there, but that income is more than enough to get by on. Look at it this way; if you are defending this woman, what about everyone who makes less than $400,000 per year in NYC?

Semantics.

It is not semantics, it is fact.

Obviously. However the point which you chose to ignore, was that someone whose making $400,000 a year, has the ability to budget their money accordingly. Perhaps she should fire the nanny. Perhaps they should sell a car and get a cheaper one, they could move to a cheaper house. When you're raising a family on $10,000, there's a lot less fat to cut from your life in order to survive.

Spoken like someone who has never been to a major city, much less New York.

It is not semantics, it is fact.

Obviously. However the point which you chose to ignore, was that someone whose making $400,000 a year, has the ability to budget their money accordingly. Perhaps she should fire the nanny. Perhaps they should sell a car and get a cheaper one, they could move to a cheaper house. When you're raising a family on $10,000, there's a lot less fat to cut from your life in order to survive.

Spoken like someone who has never been to a major city, much less New York.

I lived in NY for a year. I know how expensive things are. I also know that I made no where near $400,000 a year, and still managed to live comfortably.

Forum List

Back