Science is falsifiable

Evaporated water is a gas. You cannot see it. When the weatherman tells you the relative humidity is 50%, are you expecting to go out and see a fog? Anyone? When you can see something it is liquid water in droplets. It is not gas. The fog from putting CO2 in water is caused by the very cold CO2 gas causing the gaseous water vapor in the air to condense into a fine mist of liquid water droplets THAT MAY BE SEEN.

You're stupid and a liar and a TROLL

Right....one bottle just sitting, and the other bottle having water vapor manufactured as fast as frozen CO2 could manufacture it...The air inside that bottle was so supersaturated with water vapor that had you blown cold air across the bottle, you would have probably started a thunderstorm inside...

The air in the CO2 bottle was as low as 21.8 C near the beginning of the experiment. The temperature rose to 33.8 a half hour later. Everyone knows that cold air holds less water vapor than warmer air. So the CO2 bottle started out with less vapor than the air bottle. If you think the air in the CO2 bottle did not reach equilibrium in a half hour and had a higher vapor content after a half hour you will have to come up with a good reason.
I didn't see the interior of the bottle sweating...where do you suppose the vapor went? You are so easily fooled that it is ridiculous...and it is because you are wiling to be fooled...no one can really be that stupid except perhaps for the skidmark...he is genuinely stupid..

Still obnoxious and ill tempered I see. That means you are grasping at straws.

The mist of tiny droplets settled back to the bottom in the water. You can see it slowly settle at these various time points.

2:25 - 3:20 Can't see the tinfoil at the top of the bottle. Mist top to bottom.
3:35 Can see the tinfoil at the top but not at the bottom. Mist is settling.
4:00 Can see the tinfoil at both top and bottom. Mist fully settled.

Because the CO2 bottle was colder, it initially held less vapor than the air bottle.

Evaporated water is a gas. You cannot see it. When the weatherman tells you the relative humidity is 50%, are you expecting to go out and see a fog? Anyone? When you can see something it is liquid water in droplets. It is not gas. The fog from putting CO2 in water is caused by the very cold CO2 gas causing the gaseous water vapor in the air to condense into a fine mist of liquid water droplets THAT MAY BE SEEN.

So since there were no water droplets, the air in the bottle was still supersaturated with water vapor...

Because the CO2 bottle was colder, it initially held less vapor than the air bottle.

Making up facts again? Tell me, at which time stamp did they measure the humidity in the bottles? Oh the tedium of constantly having to call you on the shit you just make up..

Making up facts again? Tell me, at which time stamp did they measure the humidity in the bottles? Oh the tedium of constantly having to call you on the shit you just make up..

Because the CO2 bottle was colder, it initially held less vapor than the air bottle. That is a simple fact of physics observed time and again and known to almost anyone who is interested in local weather.

So since there were no water droplets, the air in the bottle was still supersaturated with water vapor..

That is a false made up fact. The air may have been saturated with vapor, but it was not supersaturated. The conditions were not present for supersaturation. You obviously don't know what supersaturated means.

So since there were no water droplets, the air in the bottle was still supersaturated with water vapor...

Yes, Wuwei is correct. You don't appear to know what the term supersaturated means. Do you understand why the term "relative" appears in "relative humidity"? The colder gas in the CO2 bottle would result in less water vapor being present in the cleared bottle than in the bottle containing only air.

I already linked to two or three authoritative discussions of this which clearly showed your contention that solid CO2 was causing evaporation or mechanically increasing the humidity of the bottle was WRONG. I missed where you admitted that FACT. Admitting facts in evidence will accelerate and clarify the discussion.

I am laughing my ass off at the both of you...

Fooled by that sort of hucksterism....

You are the one who claimed over and over and over again that vented containers would eliminate the CO2 warming seen. That turned out to be complete bullshit. It is YOU that people are laughing at. CO2 is a GHG and in the presence of IR radiation, warms the atmosphere. There IS a greenhouse effect. Your "heat of compression" claim, like every one of your idiotic physics claims, is complete bullshit. That is because you only intend to upset people. You have no interest in the truth. You only come here to entertain yourself

TROLL

Right....one bottle just sitting, and the other bottle having water vapor manufactured as fast as frozen CO2 could manufacture it..

Wow. Just wow.

SSDD, why don't you explain to everyone the mechanism of how frozen CO2 manufactures water vapor?

My guess is that the SSDD theory says that CO2 absorbs IR somewhere, that energy vanishes into a wormhole, is stored in a mystery dimension, where the energy then turns into matter, reconstitutes as water vapor, and appears out of another wormhole somewhere else. Obviously, the super-intelligent photons direct the process.

One you stop caring about sanity, science is easy.

You may have missed the discussion in which SSDD claimed that there was no such thing as gaseous water vapor but that water in the air was always composed of microscopic droplets of liquid water.

Shit, do let me know if I have inaccurately characterized your position re water vapor.

Right....one bottle just sitting, and the other bottle having water vapor manufactured as fast as frozen CO2 could manufacture it..

Wow. Just wow.

SSDD, why don't you explain to everyone the mechanism of how frozen CO2 manufactures water vapor?

My guess is that the SSDD theory says that CO2 absorbs IR somewhere, that energy vanishes into a wormhole, is stored in a mystery dimension, where the energy then turns into matter, reconstitutes as water vapor, and appears out of another wormhole somewhere else. Obviously, the super-intelligent photons direct the process.

My guess is that the SSDD theory says that CO2 absorbs IR somewhere

I've seen him claim that IR cannot warm CO2 and that CO2 can't hold heat.
Whatever the hell that means. If he were correct, you'd think dry ice would condense
out of our breath and fall to the ground.

Don't look for a lot of consistency, or understanding of physics, with him.

It's epicycles, all the way down.

My guess is that the SSDD theory says that CO2 absorbs IR somewhere

I've seen him claim that IR cannot warm CO2 and that CO2 can't hold heat.
Whatever the hell that means. If he were correct, you'd think dry ice would condense
out of our breath and fall to the ground.

Don't look for a lot of consistency, or understanding of physics, with him.

It's epicycles, all the way down.

Right, consistency is not his major strength.

He can't make up his mind whether CO2 releases it's energy immediately via radiation (mostly false) or whether it loses it immediately by imparting kinetic energy to the surrounding air (mostly true).

Neither process works for him in explaining the destination of the 16,000 W/m² surface radiation of Venus. If CO2 absorbs and immediately releases it, all of it must go to outer space since his fake 2nd law forbids it hitting the hotter surface. That defies what Venus probes have found. If the CO2 loses energy by collision then it must heat the atmosphere, (which he vehemently denies). He solves his conundrum by changing the subject and evading any explanation. (And telling you what a moron you are.)

You are the one who claimed over and over and over again that vented containers would eliminate the CO2 warming seen. That turned out to be complete bullshit. It is YOU that people are laughing at. CO2 is a GHG and in the presence of IR radiation, warms the atmosphere. There IS a greenhouse effect. Your "heat of compression" claim, like every one of your idiotic physics claims, is complete bullshit. That is because you only intend to upset people. You have no interest in the truth. You only come here to entertain yourself

TROLL

They do, if the humidity in the two are the same...you can't fill one with water vapor and expect it to remain the same temp as one with drier air...after all, water vapor can actually be warmed by IR where CO2 can not...

I am laughing my ass off at the both of you...

Fooled by that sort of hucksterism....
No cogent argument. Vile disposition.

That is a sign of a troll.

Interesting that you didn't call the skid mark on that when he followed me around with nothing to say but name calling...the hypocrisy literally drips...another tedious thing about you...

Wow. Just wow.

Already did hairball....feel free to read...

You've been demonstrated wrong in your idiotic claim regarding the nature of water vapor.
You've been demonstrated wrong in your idiotic claim regarding the effect of dropping dry ice into water.
You've been demonstrated wrong in your idiotic claim regarding venting the containers in these comparisons.
You've been demonstrated wrong in every single one of the idiotic pseudo-science contentions you've ever made here.
Yet you continue. That would make you the epitome of a

TROLL

Interesting that you didn't call the skid mark on that when he followed me around with nothing to say but name calling...the hypocrisy literally drips...another tedious thing about you..

Crick and Todd know more about physics than you ever will. If you would read up on physics more and start losing your contradictory opinions on thermodynamics then people will respect you more. The laws and theories of physics mesh into a consistent picture over a broad range of fields and applications. When you start changing some to fit with what you want it to be, you will end up in a plethora of contradictions. You should expect that people will mock you for that.

Hilarious that you two are so easily fooled...it is because you believe in your interpretations of the laws of physics...you want to believe and therefore are more than willing to be fooled....in fact, you go about on the internet looking for bullshit pseudoscience to be fooled with...

Forum List

Back