Schumer rejects GOP proposal to address border crisis

you're wrong again

i for one am shocked

i'd explain why you're wrong if i thought you were capable of understanding it
Congress sets the immigration laws, the number AND the punishment for violation.
Now START splaing fuck head.

like i said, you're incapable of understanding basic facts, being a trumpling, and a particularly rabid one at that.

still, maybe someone with a good set of crayons can read this and then draw you some pictures.

TRUMP: “Democrats can fix their forced family breakup at the Border by working with Republicans on new legislation, for a change! This is why we need more Republicans elected in November...” — tweet Saturday.

TRUMP: “The Democrats forced that law upon our nation. I hate it. I hate to see separation of parents and children.” And: “I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.” — remarks to reporters Friday.

THE FACTS: It’s not Democrats’ law. There is no law mandating the separation of children and parents at the border.

The separations are a consequence of a Trump administration policy to maximize criminal prosecutions of people caught trying to enter the U.S. illegally. That means more adults are jailed, pending trial, so their children are removed from them. Before the policy, many people who were accused of illegal entry and did not have a criminal record were merely referred for civil deportation proceedings, which generally did not break up families.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump on FBI, phantom law on migrant kids

so as a normal person can see, there's no *shitstain* eo, no *democrat* law, just the cheeto.

suck it

There was a 9th circuit court of appeals ruling that lumped children with parents with illegal border crossers dipshit....because of the democrat law...

the flores ruling from 1997

it doesn't require that families be separated, dumbo

keep swinging

i'm sure your messiah will give you a big wet one

Moron, it states kids, on their own, can only be held for 20 days....and because of the 9th circuit court ruling they lumped in the children accompanied by parents, you dipshit....that means they either have to hand the kids back over to the criminal parents and let them go, on the promise they will show up for a court date, or they separate the kids from the criminal parents.....dipshit...

no. it's trump's choice and his alone.

everyone that isn't a trumpling knows this

if you paid attention to anything but hannity, this wouldn't be such a surprise to you

go back to kissing trump's ass

Democrats sure like to run the country without actually passing laws. I wonder how many executive orders Trump could do before cryin chuck whined about that?
more trumpling non-reality based bullshit

you clowns are the gift that keeps on giving

(CNN)On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order aimed at allowing people to band together to seek more affordable health insurance, a move some consider an attempt to cripple the Affordable Care Act.

It was the 49th executive order that Trump has signed since coming into office on January 20. The last president to sign that many executive orders through October 13 of his first year in office? Lyndon Johnson.
This chart tells that story.
171013042708-executive-orders-through-october-13-exlarge-16-9.jpg

Why does it matter? Because Trump was a vociferous critic of then-President Barack Obama's use of executive orders -- casting them as a purposeful end-run of the legislative branch.
"Obama goes around signing executive orders," Trump said in February 2016. "He can't even get along with the Democrats. He goes around signing all these executive orders. It's a basic disaster. You can't do it."

Trump has signed more executive orders than any president in the last 50 years - CNNPolitics
How many of his EO’s cancelled out obies?

Congress sets the immigration laws, the number AND the punishment for violation.

like i said, you're incapable of understanding basic facts, being a trumpling, and a particularly rabid one at that.

still, maybe someone with a good set of crayons can read this and then draw you some pictures.

TRUMP: “Democrats can fix their forced family breakup at the Border by working with Republicans on new legislation, for a change! This is why we need more Republicans elected in November...” — tweet Saturday.

TRUMP: “The Democrats forced that law upon our nation. I hate it. I hate to see separation of parents and children.” And: “I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.” — remarks to reporters Friday.

THE FACTS: It’s not Democrats’ law. There is no law mandating the separation of children and parents at the border.

The separations are a consequence of a Trump administration policy to maximize criminal prosecutions of people caught trying to enter the U.S. illegally. That means more adults are jailed, pending trial, so their children are removed from them. Before the policy, many people who were accused of illegal entry and did not have a criminal record were merely referred for civil deportation proceedings, which generally did not break up families.

so as a normal person can see, there's no *shitstain* eo, no *democrat* law, just the cheeto.

suck it

There was a 9th circuit court of appeals ruling that lumped children with parents with illegal border crossers dipshit....because of the democrat law...

keep swinging

Moron, it states kids, on their own, can only be held for 20 days....and because of the 9th circuit court ruling they lumped in the children accompanied by parents, you dipshit....that means they either have to hand the kids back over to the criminal parents and let them go, on the promise they will show up for a court date, or they separate the kids from the criminal parents.....dipshit...

if you paid attention to anything but hannity, this wouldn't be such a surprise to you

Elections have consequences..............Catch and release is dead..............Obama EO's are gone..........Now the law will be enforced......

Don't like it..............change it.

Democrats sure like to run the country without actually passing laws. I wonder how many executive orders Trump could do before cryin chuck whined about that?

(CNN)On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order aimed at allowing people to band together to seek more affordable health insurance, a move some consider an attempt to cripple the Affordable Care Act.

It was the 49th executive order that Trump has signed since coming into office on January 20. The last president to sign that many executive orders through October 13 of his first year in office? Lyndon Johnson.

Why does it matter? Because Trump was a vociferous critic of then-President Barack Obama's use of executive orders -- casting them as a purposeful end-run of the legislative branch.
"Obama goes around signing executive orders," Trump said in February 2016. "He can't even get along with the Democrats. He goes around signing all these executive orders. It's a basic disaster. You can't do it."

Trump has signed more executive orders than any president in the last 50 years - CNNPolitics

try harder, trumpling

:rofl:

suck it

keep swinging

Elections have consequences..............Catch and release is dead..............Obama EO's are gone..........Now the law will be enforced......

once again, for the particularly stupid, like you and mike, there is no legal requirement to separate children from their families.
it's trump's choice and normal americans don't like it.

suck it

keep swinging

Wrong..... obama and the democrats on the 9th Circuit created the mess, now Trump has to fix it.....

13 Facts the Media 'Pros' Don’t Want You to Know About Border Children

Here are the facts — 13 truths the media do not want you to know about President Trump’s legal, humane, and moral handling of adults and children who enter our country illegally.

1. Trump Is Only Enforcing the Law
The establishment media’s manufactured narrative about the necessary and moral separation of illegal alien parents from their children is designed with the specific purpose of spreading the fake news that, only as a means to be cruel, President Trump is somehow making all of this up as he goes along.

In truth, Trump is only complying with and enforcing the law, which is his constitutional duty and responsibility.

When the media claim Trump has a “choice,” what they mean is he has a choice to ignore the law as Obama did when he illegally released untold numbers of illegals into America.

Trump’s “zero tolerance policy” is merely his administration treating all lawbreakers as lawbreakers, because the only other option is to let them loose into America with nothing but a court summons.

1. Trump’s Only Choice Is to Separate Illegal Alien Families
When an illegal alien crosses the border into the U.S., he is a lawbreaker, and, like any lawbreaker (including American citizens), he is put into the criminal justice system.

This is the law.

Obviously, when an illegal alien is in custody, he is housed in an adult detention center. For obvious reasons, it would be illegal for Trump to “reunite” this family by allowing children to live in adult detention centers.

Keep in mind that when we are this early in the process, we do not even know if this is a real family unit. It is not uncommon for illegal aliens (including criminals) to pretend the children they are traveling with are their own. They do so in the hope this special family status will result in them being released (this madness is known as “catch and release”) into America with nothing more than a court date — a date many never show for, most especially those with criminal intent.

And so, while the illegal adult is held in an adult detention center, the migrant child is cared for in shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Generally, the adult illegal is processed quickly, sentenced to time served, and the family is quickly reunited during the deportation process.

In other words, in order to keep the family unit together, we can either put children in adult detention centers (unthinkable), put adults in child detention centers (unthinkable), or hold no one, which means “catch and release,” which means letting even more illegal immigrants loose to live in our country illegally.

The only moral and legal option here is to temporarily separate families while the criminal justice system runs its course.

1. The Left Wants Illegal Aliens to Enjoy Privileges Denied to American Citizens
If an American citizen breaks the law and is funneled into the justice system, he is separated from his family and children. This American citizen is not allowed to keep his family with him in a detention center.

Once again, our media want illegal aliens to enjoy special rights and privileges American citizens do not enjoy.

One more point…

These migrants are guilty of walking minor children through miles and miles of desert with the intent of committing a crime (crossing a border illegally).

If you or I walked a child through miles and miles of desert with the intent of committing a crime, child protective services would take our children away (and should).

1. Asylum Seekers Not Breaking the Law are Not Being Separated
If you cross the border illegally and claim asylum, you are still a lawbreaker. Regardless of your intent, crossing the border illegally automatically puts you in the criminal justice system, where you will obviously be separated from family.

These asylum seekers are choosing to break the law, are choosing to be separated from family.

Asylum seekers who respect our laws, by turning themselves in at legal points of entry, are not being separated. Over-crowding due to the abuse of this policy might eventually make this impossible, but it is up to Congress to allocate more funds.

The amazing thing is that democrats on our side of the border love abortion. All for breaking up families for welfare benefits and promote anything to keep kids from having parents . When it comes to illegals though... that’s all off the table.

suck it

keep swinging

Wrong..... obama and the democrats on the 9th Circuit created the mess, now Trump has to fix it.....

Here are the facts — 13 truths the media do not want you to know about President Trump’s legal, humane, and moral handling of adults and children who enter our country illegally.

The establishment media’s manufactured narrative about the necessary and moral separation of illegal alien parents from their children is designed with the specific purpose of spreading the fake news that, only as a means to be cruel, President Trump is somehow making all of this up as he goes along.

In truth, Trump is only complying with and enforcing the law, which is his constitutional duty and responsibility.

When the media claim Trump has a “choice,” what they mean is he has a choice to ignore the law as Obama did when he illegally released untold numbers of illegals into America.

Trump’s “zero tolerance policy” is merely his administration treating all lawbreakers as lawbreakers, because the only other option is to let them loose into America with nothing but a court summons.

When an illegal alien crosses the border into the U.S., he is a lawbreaker, and, like any lawbreaker (including American citizens), he is put into the criminal justice system.

This is the law.

Obviously, when an illegal alien is in custody, he is housed in an adult detention center. For obvious reasons, it would be illegal for Trump to “reunite” this family by allowing children to live in adult detention centers.

Keep in mind that when we are this early in the process, we do not even know if this is a real family unit. It is not uncommon for illegal aliens (including criminals) to pretend the children they are traveling with are their own. They do so in the hope this special family status will result in them being released (this madness is known as “catch and release”) into America with nothing more than a court date — a date many never show for, most especially those with criminal intent.

And so, while the illegal adult is held in an adult detention center, the migrant child is cared for in shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Generally, the adult illegal is processed quickly, sentenced to time served, and the family is quickly reunited during the deportation process.

In other words, in order to keep the family unit together, we can either put children in adult detention centers (unthinkable), put adults in child detention centers (unthinkable), or hold no one, which means “catch and release,” which means letting even more illegal immigrants loose to live in our country illegally.

The only moral and legal option here is to temporarily separate families while the criminal justice system runs its course.

1. The Left Wants Illegal Aliens to Enjoy Privileges Denied to American Citizens
If an American citizen breaks the law and is funneled into the justice system, he is separated from his family and children. This American citizen is not allowed to keep his family with him in a detention center.

Once again, our media want illegal aliens to enjoy special rights and privileges American citizens do not enjoy.

One more point…

These migrants are guilty of walking minor children through miles and miles of desert with the intent of committing a crime (crossing a border illegally).

If you or I walked a child through miles and miles of desert with the intent of committing a crime, child protective services would take our children away (and should).

If you cross the border illegally and claim asylum, you are still a lawbreaker. Regardless of your intent, crossing the border illegally automatically puts you in the criminal justice system, where you will obviously be separated from family.

These asylum seekers are choosing to break the law, are choosing to be separated from family.

Asylum seekers who respect our laws, by turning themselves in at legal points of entry, are not being separated. Over-crowding due to the abuse of this policy might eventually make this impossible, but it is up to Congress to allocate more funds.

i guess if i was stupid enough to read breitbart, i'd be stupid enough to believe it

like you

keep swinging

once again, for the particularly stupid, like you and mike, there is no legal requirement to separate children from their families.
Same shit happened under Obama...........and the law stands at 20 days.............no amount of whining from you changes that.

try harder, trumpling

Remember the Alamo! Or obies EO’s at this point. The democrat call to arms.

try harder, trumpling

poor things...........Obama legacy is dying...........

:CryingCow::CryingCow::CryingCow:

My fix for this mess is that ANY illegals found sneaking in shall be deported immediately with NO discussion of "amnesty". Amnesty shall ONLY apply at ports of entry. So moms, dads, and kids get bused back to where they came from, PERIOD.

keep swinging

This is the law.

One more point…

i guess if i was stupid enough to read breitbart, i'd be stupid enough to believe it

like you
Can you read? I suppose you can but comprehension is another level you need to work on.

keep swinging

Wrong again...

1. Trump Is Correct About the Loophole
In 1997, a consent decree called the Flores Settlement made it illegal for America to hold migrant children for longer than 20 days. Meaning, in order to keep the family together after 20 days of detention, we can either reunite the family by letting them loose to live illegally in America, or we can keep the parent in detention and place the child in a foster home or with a relative who lives in America.

Trump is wisely choosing to do the latter (for a number of moral reasons I will explain later).

A case involving an illegal border crosser not seeking asylum is usually adjudicated before the 20 days are up, which means the family unit is reunited during deportation and no foster care is needed. This, obviously, is the best case scenario.

Those who cross the border illegally and then claim asylum status (an important distinction from asylum seekers who obey the law) are another story, because the asylum process almost always exceeds the 20 days, and this is the law the Trump administration wants changed.

By speeding up the asylum process, the family unit can be reunited faster, either in the deportation process (if asylum is not granted — and this process is frequently abused) or in the resettlement process (if asylum is granted).

Another option is to end the 20-day limit so foster care does not become necessary. Parent and child can remain in the detention centers until the asylum process is settled.

My fix for this mess is that ANY illegals found sneaking in shall be deported immediately with NO discussion of "amnesty". Amnesty shall ONLY apply at ports of entry. So moms, dads, and kids get bused back to where they came from, PERIOD. Trump should do this by XO if need be until he gets comprehensive immigration reform

try harder, trumpling

poor things...........Obama legacy is dying...........

:CryingCow::CryingCow::CryingCow:
I find it hilarious that after watching Trump stomped on all of obies retarded EO’s they think that’s how Trump should act.

Forum List

Back