School Staff JAILED for Not Reporting

Doing what is in the best interest of any student is far more important than any teacher covering his ass. Anyone who does not intrinsically understand this should not be a teacher.
The regulations that are written do exactly that. If a teacher knows the regulations, which includes proper procedures, the students are taken care of in their best interest. The fact is, this teacher did let the administration know. She reported it. Just not to everyone she should have. So, if she had, she would have also helped the student even more because more authorities would have know about the problem. You are assuming that the teacher let the administration know to cover her ass. Why do you think that? Because you are an ass. No, she let the administration know because she cared about the student. Had she known there were others that she needed to tell, she would still be doing it to help the student. Why do you assume that she is reporting the abuse to save herself?

Oh, right, right. So we are to report your pet crimes, but not OTHER crimes.

It's up to the whim of the moment.

Is this the typical liberal Democrat who assumes things that aren't present? In my response, I was including all abuses including child mutilation. You are not sweet. You behave like you are 92 and losing your frontal lobe mass.

The "set procedure to follow" pertains to child abuse. And I would never, ever disagree with that. If a child report that he/she is being abused by an adult---reported.

That's not what this thread is about.

But you want all hearsay experienced by secondary teachers to be reported to the police. Are you sure you MEAN that, or is that Moral Posturing?

Because if you mean that, don't cry when parents rights folks are up in arms about the Nanny State, Kangaroo Court situations we have on college campuses.

Or might it just be better if the schools logged the information, followed through internally, and then passed it on to parents?
The note suggested there was sexual abuse. This thread isn't about what kind of abuse was going on. It's on why is the teacher being charged with a crime too? The reason she is being charged is because she did not report this incident to the right authorities which could have been the police or the State Board of Education Abuse Division.

Now, to your method of handling sexual abuse is to have someone in the school do what when you say handle it? What are they going to do? They do not have authority to charge anyone with a crime or even deal with a crime. That's what the police are for. Oh ya, you liberal maniacs hate the police and want to defund them. You should take a couple of classes in administration of Justice and you won't sound so stupid next time.

well, I'm not even sure you're a teacher, so there's that.

Secondly if I have not made it clear: I am holding parents rights advocates to their own standards. I have never said the school should not report this. I am asking posters who want our every move documented on live cam (to the detriment of many children, btw), why they do not favor the school simply letting parents know about this.

My fellow conservatives are hypocrites on education. They want teachers to take the fall when it's convenient for them, because basically, they hate teachers. And it makes them irrational.
You've got to be the dumbest ditz ever.

well, I'm not even sure you're a teacher, so there's that.

Secondly if I have not made it clear: I am holding parents rights advocates to their own standards. I have never said the school should not report this. I am asking posters who want our every move documented on live cam (to the detriment of many children, btw), why they do not favor the school simply letting parents know about this.

My fellow conservatives are hypocrites on education. They want teachers to take the fall when it's convenient for them, because basically, they hate teachers. And it makes them irrational.
The endless bitching and moaning from a kindergarten music teacher - :rolleyes:

The regulations that are written do exactly that. If a teacher knows the regulations, which includes proper procedures, the students are taken care of in their best interest. The fact is, this teacher did let the administration know. She reported it. Just not to everyone she should have. So, if she had, she would have also helped the student even more because more authorities would have know about the problem. You are assuming that the teacher let the administration know to cover her ass. Why do you think that? Because you are an ass. No, she let the administration know because she cared about the student. Had she known there were others that she needed to tell, she would still be doing it to help the student. Why do you assume that she is reporting the abuse to save herself?
Because I’ve read the whole thread.

A mandatory reporter, you realize, reports to Child Protective Services. Does this make sense to you, in the case of teen to teen sexual assault? It didn't to the school--they reported to the police. Whether that is "mandated" is nebulous.

But again my position is: why do PARENTS RIGHTS folks want the school to make the police report--NOT child abuse as it is typically understood--and NOT the parents?

Tell the class what is required by FL law, this applies to your second reply to this same post.

Is this the typical liberal Democrat who assumes things that aren't present? In my response, I was including all abuses including child mutilation. You are not sweet. You behave like you are 92 and losing your frontal lobe mass.

I understand. I'm to accept these contradictory and in fact, insane expectations while my profession goes to rot.

Or else I'm not "sweet"

Tell the class what is required by FL law, this applies to your second reply to this same post.

Sure. For Professional Mandated Reporters, State of Florida. Again, child abuse has a very specific definition. Teen-on-teen sexual crimes are not child abuse. Not arguing that the school should have done this, that or the other. But it is not covered by mandatory reporting laws.

A child in need of supervision who has no parent, legal custodian, or responsible adult. § 39.201(1)(a).
 A child abused by a parent, caregiver, guardian, or other person responsible for the child’s welfare. § 39.201(1)(a).
 Child abuse, abandonment, or neglect by any adult. § 39.201(1)(b).
 Child abuse by a known or suspected juvenile sex offender. § 39.201(1)(c).
 If the report contains information of an instance of known or suspected child abuse involving impregnation of a child under 16 years of age by a person 21 years of age or older, the report shall be made immediately to the appropriate county sheriff's office or other appropriate law enforcement agency. § 39.201(2)(e).  Reports involving surrendered newborn infants shall be made and received by the department. § 39.201(1)(g).

The note suggested there was sexual abuse. This thread isn't about what kind of abuse was going on. It's on why is the teacher being charged with a crime too? The reason she is being charged is because she did not report this incident to the right authorities which could have been the police or the State Board of Education Abuse Division.

Now, to your method of handling sexual abuse is to have someone in the school do what when you say handle it? What are they going to do? They do not have authority to charge anyone with a crime or even deal with a crime. That's what the police are for. Oh ya, you liberal maniacs hate the police and want to defund them. You should take a couple of classes in administration of Justice and you won't sound so stupid next time.

I am not a liberal. That's first.

Secondly, again for the millionth time, do you believe in parents rights or not? If so, then why in a situation we are not MANDATED to report, that is based on hearsay, were the parents not informed first? Why do you not support that, so the parents can investigate and file the police report?

That's not a difficult question. But all I'm getting in response is insults.

I understand. I'm to accept these contradictory and in fact, insane expectations while my profession goes to rot.

Or else I'm not "sweet"
Your profession is going to rot because of the communists of the 60’s and 70’s control all education. They are destroying our children with wokeness which accepts abuse such as transgender mutilation.

I am not a liberal. That's first.

Secondly, again for the millionth time, do you believe in parents rights or not? If so, then why in a situation we are not MANDATED to report, that is based on hearsay, were the parents not informed first? Why do you not support that, so the parents can investigate and file the police report?

That's not a difficult question. But all I'm getting in response is insults.
Any crime is not up to vigilante parents. Any parent interferes can jeopardize a criminal investigation. The parents should be advised but also to not get in the middle of the investigation. Parents should do what the authorities and police want.

Your profession is going to rot because of the communists of the 60’s and 70’s control all education. They are destroying our children with wokeness which accepts abuse such as transgender mutilation.

This is getting boring

Any crime is not up to vigilante parents. Any parent interferes can jeopardize a criminal investigation. The parents should be advised but also to not get in the middle of the investigation. Parents should do what the authorities and police want.

Okay, so I will put Cougarbear down for the school taking it upon themselves to report the crime and cut the parents out, they can just be "advised".

Anyone see the insane, impossible position school staff are put in here?

This is getting boring
You’ll never understand logic and reasoning. It’s your emotional ideology that drives your lack of understanding.
Okay, so I will put Cougarbear down for the school taking it upon themselves to report the crime and cut the parents out, they can just be "advised".

Anyone see the insane, impossible position school staff are put in here?
Also, you cannot comprehend what you are trying to read. I specifically stated that parents should be notified. They are not law enforcement officers so they should not investigate because they will jeopardize the case. If you can’t remove your emotional ideology to understand this logically then you should sit down and shut up 🧐

Sure. For Professional Mandated Reporters, State of Florida. Again, child abuse has a very specific definition. Teen-on-teen sexual crimes are not child abuse. Not arguing that the school should have done this, that or the other. But it is not covered by mandatory reporting laws.

A child in need of supervision who has no parent, legal custodian, or responsible adult. § 39.201(1)(a).
 A child abused by a parent, caregiver, guardian, or other person responsible for the child’s welfare. § 39.201(1)(a).
 Child abuse, abandonment, or neglect by any adult. § 39.201(1)(b).
 Child abuse by a known or suspected juvenile sex offender. § 39.201(1)(c).

 If the report contains information of an instance of known or suspected child abuse involving impregnation of a child under 16 years of age by a person 21 years of age or older, the report shall be made immediately to the appropriate county sheriff's office or other appropriate law enforcement agency. § 39.201(2)(e).  Reports involving surrendered newborn infants shall be made and received by the department. § 39.201(1)(g).

So you don't think the sexual assault of a 9th grader child abuse. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Forum List

Back