Say something good about Pres. Obama

Good thread idea. Thanks!

Not surprisingly there are a lot of people unable to think of 1 single thing they like about him that isn't a backhanded compliment. What a shame. This is why you are considered extremists and the true RINO's.

Now I'll list one thing I like that he did: (I'm sure I will get attacked for this one)
1) Prevent insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

I wlike that he has taken unemployment compensation and turned it into middle class welfare. BRAVO!

and dubbed Republicans which is roughly half of the American population "hostage takers" he has a way with the talking points don't he? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Watcha wanna bet when unemployment runs out after 4 FUCKING YEARS.. we'll be debating whether to extend it for another 2... then another 2.

I guarantee there will be middle class people on unemployment/welfare for years to come.

Sad.

Good thread idea. Thanks!

Not surprisingly there are a lot of people unable to think of 1 single thing they like about him that isn't a backhanded compliment. What a shame. This is why you are considered extremists and the true RINO's.

Now I'll list one thing I like that he did: (I'm sure I will get attacked for this one)
1) Prevent insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

I wlike that he has taken unemployment compensation and turned it into middle class welfare. BRAVO!

and dubbed Republicans which is roughly half of the American population "hostage takers" he has a way with the talking points don't he? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Quite hilarious.

He can go strong with the rock to the hole and take an elbow and not miss any time off from his part time job of POTUS.....

See I can speak the basketball lingo.

I should neg you for spewing rightwingnut talking points, but i'm in a holiday mood... so..

So long as you aren't iinterested in the preservation of liberty and freedom, sure.

nonsense... pure rightwingnut spew. liberty is keeping government the hell out of our bodies and not giving corporations status as "people" for first amendment purposes.

By following, and not screwing up, GWB's plan to that end.

by letting his generals lead... unlike bush when he went into baghdad in the first place. remember? we shouldn't even be there. can't help it if he was left your mess... and given that bush did nothing but get us into afghanistan and walk away, i figure we're ahead of the game. but we should be out of both places.

If THESE are in your top five, you must be more desperate to find good things than I thought

i don't think he's gone far enough...

i could have said my son will have medical coverage til he's 26 while he's in school.

Yes.. declaring that he agreed to renew the tax cuts because the GOP was holding the Amercian people hostage isn't on overreaction to -any- degree.

:cuckoo:

nooooo... not bomb bomb bombing iran like the wacko neocon loons want...

well, this was almost a decent thread, thanks for being a hack, nutbar.

nonsense... pure rightwingnut spew. liberty is keeping government the hell out of our bodies and not giving corporations status as "people" for first amendment purposes.

It appears you have forgotten about obamacare but then again it has been almost a year since it was passed in to law.

i could have said my son will have medical coverage til he's 26 while he's in school.
Your son by age 21 should be making it on his own and not depending on mommy and daddy for healthcare coverage. I guess this is how the government has dumb down Amweica. adults depending on a handout as long as they can.

Signed financial reform law prohibiting banks from engaging in proprietary trading (trading the bank's own money to turn a profit, often in conflict with their customers' interests).

Expanded gun laws more than any other president in decades.

Signed financial reform law allowing shareholders of publicly traded companies to vote on executive pay

Cut prescription drug cost for medicare recipients by 50%

Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history (remember Jeff Gannon? Who was he "visiting"?)

Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court

Promoted social responsibility through creation of serve.gov, a national database of volunteer opportunities

Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions

Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time

Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse

Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans (Remember, Republicans wanted to CUT VA benefits to keep soldiers stuck in the military)

Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

And so much more. It's hard to keep track of it all.

Funny, when I asked for a single Republican accomplishment over 8 years of Bush, no one, and I mean no one could name a single positive accomplishment, only negative ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I could consider positive would be that he went far enough, fast enough, to wake people up and take an interest in politics and fighting back hard enough to restore what we had with the Founding Fathers.

That is one of mine too, Granny. I am trying long and hard to think of another. Umm, umm, Gitmo is still open.

Signed financial reform law prohibiting banks from engaging in proprietary trading (trading the bank's own money to turn a profit, often in conflict with their customers' interests).
Failed
Expanded gun laws more than any other president in decades.
gun grabber nothing new
Signed financial reform law allowing shareholders of publicly traded companies to vote on executive pay Failed
Cut prescription drug cost for medicare recipients by 50%
Bush did the samething but failed

Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

Fail and lie
Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history (remember Jeff Gannon? Who was he "visiting"?)
It was done Voluntary he was busted and had to come clean
Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court

You mean appointed a two puppet's
Promoted social responsibility through creation of serve.gov, a national database of volunteer opportunities
Hitler did the same thing they were called the brown shirts
Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions
More wasted tax payers money
Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time
Killed more private sector jobs
Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse
Are you joking it failed
Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans (Remember, Republicans wanted to CUT VA benefits to keep soldiers stuck in the military)

Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

And so much more. It's hard to keep track of it all.

Funny, when I asked for a single Republican accomplishment over 8 years of Bush, no one, and I mean no one could name a single positive accomplishment, only negative ones.

sure obama wasted plenty of tax payers money

Last edited:
He's very bright and loves his country enough to look beyond partisan bickering. He tries to work with the less intelligent Republicans no matter how much hate they spew.

He's very funny and genuine. It's been rough overcoming the party of no and still he has accomplished a lot in two years.

Somethin good, not somethin made up, try again:cuckoo:

What is with you rightwingnuts? An opinion was asked for she gave hers. Can't you just agree or disagree without the partisan hackery.

Once they get their hate chant going, it's difficult when someone breaks into their groupthink fest.

Last edited:
Without reading through the crap, I imagine the only thing the right says something positive about is that he's picking up right where Bush left off on the wars.

I like the fact that he seems to be a genuine family man. Loves his wife and thinks the world of his kids. I don't care if your left or right there's not a damned thing wrong with that.

Somethin good, not somethin made up, try again:cuckoo:

What is with you rightwingnuts? An opinion was asked for she gave hers. Can't you just agree or disagree without the partisan hackery.

Once they get their hate chant going, it's difficult when someone breaks into their groupthink fest.

It would be great if the intelligent left (that's you) could recognize the difference between disagreeing with policy and 'hate'. It was a fucking joke. And, it was pretty funny. Calm down.... and leave the stupid 'hate' accusations to your idiot brethren like truthdon'tmatter and rdean.

I like the fact that he seems to be a genuine family man. Loves his wife and thinks the world of his kids. I don't care if your left or right there's not a damned thing wrong with that.

It would be great if the intelligent left (that's you) could recognize the difference between disagreeing with policy and 'hate'. It was a fucking joke. And, it was pretty funny. Calm down.... and leave the stupid 'hate' accusations to your idiot brethren like truthdon'tmatter and rdean.

With the left they can't seperate, hate for what he's doing , from hate the person.

LOL, Soggy and Willow congratulating each other for being clueless. Welcome to USMB.

well, this was almost a decent thread, thanks for being a hack, nutbar.

i thought it was a decent thread until the hack known as Shamen the crayon man showed up.....everyone was saying what they THINK....not this guy....he doesnt think .....he shows videos .....showing what some other hacks think....

Forum List

Back