Federal Food Stamp Program?

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Can anyone explain to me why SNAP is a federal program? By what reasoning do we need D.C. running this program? How/why are the states incapable of running their own programs?

Can anyone explain to me why SNAP is a federal program? By what reasoning do we need D.C. running this program? How/why are the states incapable of running their own programs?

In case you hadn't heard, most states are out of money in their budgets, and are actually borrowing money from the Federal Government, via stimulus finds WITHOUT this program on their docket.

Cuz the States have barely have enough money to pay their employees, and a lot of them have 'balanced budget' amendments that don't allow more discretionary spending during recessionary times (ie right now) when most people are hurtin'.

• Banned

In case you hadn't heard, most states are out of money in their budgets, and are actually borrowing money from the Federal Government, via stimulus finds WITHOUT this program on their docket.

Then something's not sustainable and something needs to be cut somewhere.

Let them run their own programs. If they can't balance their budgets, then let them petition the other states for a loan through the fed. Then let them fix their budgets.

All I see the fed achieving is enabling greater waste and putting SNAP in the hands of a congress and all their partisan struggles.

Last edited:
Hey, why not. Federal Unemployment is the new welfare... for the middle class.

This is all part of the master plan to transition middle income Americans to the welfare mentality.

Don't you just love those unfunded state union pension plans? :eusa_whistle:

Don't you just love those unfunded state union pension plans? :eusa_whistle:

Hey why not... work twenty years, collect a pension for 40 years. What's not doable about that?

Forum List

Back