Save Energy - Paint Roofs and High-ways White!

so, yes, grandios is the idea to paint all the roofs, and unfeasible....but on newer roofs being built or replaced, it is not!
No one said it wasn't. Your strawman fails.

Nice to see you finally get the clue though, and admit Obama's environut who said this speaks foolishly. At least in this case. Now you should really be fearing that he's in a position of power in our government.

so, yes, grandios is the idea to paint all the roofs, and unfeasible....but on newer roofs being built or replaced, it is not!

Nice to see you finally get the clue though, and admit Obama's environut who said this speaks foolishly. At least in this case. Now you should really be fearing that he's in a position of power in our government.
Why should I be afraid of him? It is congress that would have to do something, not this guy? I don't get frightened easily....I am pretty laid back....no need to die a thousand deaths from fright, I plan on dying once only. :D

Why should I be afraid of him? It is congress that would have to do something, not this guy? I don't get frightened easily....I am pretty laid back....no need to die a thousand deaths from fright, I plan on dying once only. :D
Me too!

"Fear" not really the right word. How about disappointed. Obama was supposed to be better than this. This brainiac here, now you can see how the NYC flyover happened. Obama's surrounded himself with some real dumbasses.

Oh, by the way:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KipXv7Nrt1o&feature=channel_page]YouTube - big old jet airliner[/ame]

See, I even have a problem with this guy's theory. You have an atmosphere that is allegedly heating the planet, which is in turn allegedly heating the oceans, allegedly causing glaciers to melt, and he wants to reflect the sun's rays back into the atmosphere?

The theory being, that homes and buildings with white roofs would use less fossil fuels to air condition? To heat?

Solar panels on every roof would sort of fuck with this plan, would they not?

It's completely nonsensical.

wow! that's pretty much all I have to say about this comment of yours, wow! :(

You must have missed my comment about painting all the black people white.

I saw it MM... but one comment from me on it is enough.

I realize it may be teasing and joking, but it is in poor taste, in my humble opinion.

Care

I was merely pointing out how absurd the whole idea of painting things white is and thinking that will somehow change the planets temperature.

See, I even have a problem with this guy's theory. You have an atmosphere that is allegedly heating the planet, which is in turn allegedly heating the oceans, allegedly causing glaciers to melt, and he wants to reflect the sun's rays back into the atmosphere?

Hehehe LimpBoy "logic."

May 27, 2009
RUSH: Here's the real question about this. I need a scientist to answer this for me. I understand how clouds at altitude can help reflect the heat. But I want to know how something white on the surface of the planet, where does that reflected heat go? If the road is white, and the heat reflects, aren't you going to boil if you happen to be walking on it in the summertime? Where does this reflected heat go? Are we being told here that reflected heat is not damaging at all but direct heat is? It seems to me if we had global warming wouldn't we want dark roofs to absorb the heat? Yeah, it may be cooling your house a little bit, but… This is all such gobbledygook.

What a moron! ROFLMAO

Hehehe LimpBoy "logic."

May 27, 2009
RUSH: Here's the real question about this. I need a scientist to answer this for me. I understand how clouds at altitude can help reflect the heat. But I want to know how something white on the surface of the planet, where does that reflected heat go? If the road is white, and the heat reflects, aren't you going to boil if you happen to be walking on it in the summertime? Where does this reflected heat go? Are we being told here that reflected heat is not damaging at all but direct heat is? It seems to me if we had global warming wouldn't we want dark roofs to absorb the heat? Yeah, it may be cooling your house a little bit, but… This is all such gobbledygook.

What a moron! ROFLMAO
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At least he said, "I need a scientist to answer this for me" and on that, I agree!

Now, you're not actually defending such an idiotic statement by one of Obama's enviroczars, are you? You really think it's a good idea to paint all roofs white?

Hehehe LimpBoy "logic."

May 27, 2009

What a moron! ROFLMAO

At least he said, "I need a scientist to answer this for me" and on that, I agree!

Now, you're not actually defending such an idiotic statement by one of Obama's enviroczars, are you? You really think it's a good idea to paint all roofs white?

Well, we agree you and LimpBoy need a scientist, even though only a very basic knowledge in science is all that is needed.

But LimpBoy's "reasoning" is infinitely more idiotic!!! And even after I highlighted the stupidity of Limpboy's "logic" you still couldn't figure it out.

How many people do you know who boiled walking on WHITE snow?
While it may be questionable how much energy will be saved and global temp might be reduced, LimpBoy is typically bass ackwards. LOL

Last edited:
While it may be questionable how much energy will be saved and global temp might be reduced, LimpBoy is typically bass ackwards. LOL

I know plenty of people who've had 2nd degree sunburn, under overcast skies no less, by the radiation reflected and intensified by the snow while skiing.

Hehehe LimpBoy "logic."

What a moron! ROFLMAO

Well, we agree you and LimpBoy need a scientist, even though only a very basic knowledge in science is all that is needed.

But LimpBoy's "reasoning" is infinitely more idiotic!!! And even after I highlighted the stupidity of Limpboy's "logic" you still couldn't figure it out.

Apparently Elvis is stupid enough to agree with LimpBoy and thinks dark roofs would reduce global warming. He just neg reped me. LOL What a moron!

The rays of the sun don't become heat until they ABSORBED and dark colors absorb the most heat. So reflecting the suns rays before they are converted into heat will slow global warming.

My model for the ideal president, Ben Franklin, did an experiment to prove this back in the 1700s

May 27, 2009
RUSH: It seems to me if we had global warming wouldn't we want dark roofs to absorb the heat?

I know plenty of people who've had 2nd degree sunburn, under overcast skies no less, by the radiation reflected and intensified by the snow while skiing.

That's because their pink skin absorbed the sun's rays and converted them to heat.

That's because their pink skin absorbed the sun's rays and converted them to heat.
Nonetheless, just because Limpbag got the wrong kind of burn, doesn't mean that he wasn't at least somewhat on the right track.

That said, the whole idea is stupid for a lot more practical reasons, many listed right here, that have nothing to do with what some radio windbag has to say to keep his mesmerized listeners tuned in.

is this all about obama and i am missing it somehow, thus the rejection from the right without thought or consideration???

care

Care, ....did you read the OP? Please do. Does a stupid idea have to be Obama's to be pointed out as being stupid? I pointed out how little would be affected in both the cases of roofs and highways.

IE most heat on roofs adding to air conditioning cost is already abated by insulation to the point of diminishing returns of investment. High ways are seldom black. Black is the most absorbent color. Most highways, roads, and streets are not black. After a season the black turns to grey, after two seasons a light gray

I personally am not a scientist, but I don’t think there is any way doing all that would have anywhere near the affect the secretary believes it will. Just as importantly though, perception is reality; the American public is too practical to see this as a serious option. So how will it be promoted? Big tax credits for roof painting?

How about the cost of paint, the repainting, the physical process of painting, never mind aesthetics: home-owners enjoy having their roof matching their house’s color scheme.

Here's a thought, reflect all that heat out of the houses and back into the atmosphere, aren't the GHGs suppose to hold it in anyway ... thus resulting in raising the global temp anyway?

Here's a thought, reflect all that heat out of the houses and back into the atmosphere, aren't the GHGs suppose to hold it in anyway ... thus resulting in raising the global temp anyway?

GHGs hold HEAT not the rays of the sun. Reflected rays do not become heat because they were not absorbed and thus they were not converted to heat that can be held by GHGs and therefore pass through the GHGs and out to space the same way they passed through the GHGs on the way in.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back