Santorum: "We're not here to serve the earth"

That's pretty bad, what's his morality say about leaving your descendants a used-up toxic dump to live on. if God made this world It would seem he would want us not to rape the crap out of it for worldly wealth to satisfy our greed.

He didn't say that.

That's pretty bad, what's his morality say about leaving your descendants a used-up toxic dump to live on. if God made this world It would seem he would want us not to rape the crap out of it for worldly wealth to satisfy our greed.

He speaks of "stewardship".
You speak nonsense.

I don't see your distinction, what is stewardship but responsible management of something that is not yours?

Nature is a subtle web of intricate connections

Environmental Impact Statements are a sight to behold: realms of scientific data and analysis documenting, or speculating, about environmental effect of a dam or highway through a wetland.

While they are costly, and easily abused, they do reflect a true insight: namely, that nature is a subtle web of intricate organic connections, and even small changes in an ecosystem can have large and unintended negative effects downstream.

Some call it the "butterfly effect": the mere flapping of a butterfly's wings may contribute to causing a hurricane. Trying to look ahead to what might be lost is simply prudent.

The requirement of Environmental Impact Statements is a result of congressional action after much deliberation. Congress made sure that the public would have input into the process--some say far too much public input.

You may or may not like the idea of Environmental Impact Statements, but the idea went through the democratic process and was refined to become what it is today.

Source: It Takes A Family, by Sen. Rick Santorum, p.217-220 , Apr 30, 2006

Even if humanity were to subjugate itself to the earth, would there not eventually come a time where humanity would ultimately have to choose between survival of its own species or the preservation of a self-perpetuating ecosystem?

"Stewarding resources" means striking the epitome of balance between the needs of humanity and the needs of that ecosystem with regards to ultimately sustaining humanity.

Well, the death of the ecosystem means the death of us. If you are to commit such hubris as to say that we can destroy that which brought us here, then you are lacking in some serious foresight.

Cardinal Santorum is resorting to these outrageous one-liners because he is in desperate need of media coverage now, BUT doesn't possess the financial and/or organizational resources to go head-to-head with Romney in the Primaries.

This is all part of a repreated pattern where he throws out a little "red meat" (have you ever met a conservative who's a vegetarian) and then a few days later makes a half-hearted attempt to explain what he really meant - with a nudge, nudge, wink, wink to his supporters!

Its a dangerous strategy because the more Santorum panders to the popular biases of social conservatives between now and the Convention, the more he alienates the moderate "swing vote" in the middle, who afterall are the one group that will determine the next president on November 6th.

Last edited:
We're not here to serve the earth. That is not the objective, man is the objective.
Which man? What about woman?

5 words just perfectly described the depth of your stupidity.

:cuckoo:

stupidity is the sheer narcism required to make the statement that 'man is the objective.' Man is not the fucking objective. Get your head out of your ass. We are not the universe, we are PART OF IT. Part of something bigger and more powerful than us, and if we do not respect it, it will kill us, and good fucking riddens. "We are a virus with shoes"- Bill Hicks.

Even if humanity were to subjugate itself to the earth, would there not eventually come a time where humanity would ultimately have to choose between survival of its own species or the preservation of a self-perpetuating ecosystem?

"Stewarding resources" means striking the epitome of balance between the needs of humanity and the needs of that ecosystem with regards to ultimately sustaining humanity.

The time is now, then there's be no need for an ultimate choice. If it comes to that, it's too late. No thanks.

By Joshua Hersh

In a speech to Tea Party conservatives on Saturday in Columbus, Ohio, Santorum had dismissed Obama's politics as being based in "some phony theology."

"It's not about you. It's not about your quality of life. It's not about your jobs," Santorum said. "It's about some phony ideal, some phony theology. Oh, not a theology based on the Bible. A different theology."

An incredulous Bob Schieffer began his interview with Santorum Sunday by asking, "What in the world were you talking about?"

"I was talking about the radical environmentalists," Santorum said, suggesting that they believe man should protect the earth, rather than "steward its resources." "I think that is a phony ideal. I don't believe that's what we're here to do ... We're not here to serve the earth. That is not the objective, man is the objective."

More: Santorum Defends 'Phony Theology' Remarks, Doubles Down On Religious Critique Of Obama

I can go on all night long with Rick Santorum links and what he has said. And after reading them all--I have to come to the conclusion that Santorum is INSANE--and unfit to be POTUS.

This is just another instance of the Santorum pshyco-babble.

He speaks of "stewardship".
You speak nonsense.

I don't see your distinction, what is stewardship but responsible management of something that is not yours?

Because quite frankly our ancestors really screwed up. They killed off so many natural predators we have no option but to have Wildlife Management Units now for example.

Or Conservation groups like Ducks Unlimited (I've been a member for forever) for the conservation of wetlands and so many other projects.

I am proud to say that I have stood at Rod Fowlers Memorial Stone. Good man. Beautiful memorial.

This is stewardship. Caring and co existing. And one can do both.

Well if we're just going to have asswipe left wing Santorum bashing without truth and only lies from blogs.

I'll put this up one more time.

Nature is a subtle web of intricate connections

Environmental Impact Statements are a sight to behold: realms of scientific data and analysis documenting, or speculating, about environmental effect of a dam or highway through a wetland.

While they are costly, and easily abused, they do reflect a true insight: namely, that nature is a subtle web of intricate organic connections, and even small changes in an ecosystem can have large and unintended negative effects downstream.

Some call it the "butterfly effect": the mere flapping of a butterfly's wings may contribute to causing a hurricane. Trying to look ahead to what might be lost is simply prudent.

The requirement of Environmental Impact Statements is a result of congressional action after much deliberation. Congress made sure that the public would have input into the process--some say far too much public input.

You may or may not like the idea of Environmental Impact Statements, but the idea went through the democratic process and was refined to become what it is today.

Source: It Takes A Family, by Sen. Rick Santorum, p.217-220 , Apr 30, 2006

Last edited:
Funny, theres only 5 or so nations that can even put a man into space at this time or build anything(to consider) to go to another planet. United states, Russia, China, Japan, India...Why, because we have economies big enough to do it through having free capitalism based work forces. You sick fuckers would destroy that and keep humnaity on this planet to die, no matter...Guess what, we're NOT destroying this planet, but made of this planet to advance off this planet. Santorum is right!!!

We must mine for our resources and drilling for oil as that's where our relieable sources of energy are at. I'm not saying NO wind or solar, but they're a good 50-60 years away. We could easliy pay off our debts through doing so and mining the moon, astroids for their mental worths. We're killing our selfs not doing so.

Santorum maybe a little anti-science, but if he is really serious about using our resources he will do all I just said. Anyone that wouldn't is for killing our dollar and this country through inflation just like any other marxist nation of the past.

Last edited:

This post is an example of just how absolutely STUPID the left is..... I dont recall ANY of the GOP candidates wanting to pollute the environment.

I am nearly speechless at how ridiculous you guys are getting as of late.

Really.... its unbelievable.

Funny, theres only 5 or so nations that can even put a man into space at this time or build anything(to consider) to go to another planet. United states, Russia, China, Japan, India...Why, because we have economies big enough to do it through having free capitalism based work forces. You sick fuckers would destroy that and keep humnaity on this planet to die, no matter...Guess what, we're NOT destroying this planet, but made of this planet to advance off this planet. Santorum is right!!!

We must mine for our resources and drilling for oil as that's where our relieable sources of energy are at. I'm not saying NO wind or solar, but they're a good 50-60 years away. We could easliy pay off our debts through doing so and mining the moon, astroids for their mental worths. We're killing our selfs not doing so.

Santorum maybe a little anti-science, but if he is really serious about using our resources he will do all I just said. Anyone that wouldn't is for killing our dollar and this country through inflation just like any other marxist nation of the past.

In that context, what do you think of the incredibly polluting and destructive process of mining and refining gold? We have plenty for the legitimate technical use of the metal in chips and such, the bulk of it is simply hoarded or made into jewelery. All that environmental destruction for nothing except to build wealth for relatively few people. Many other industrial processes pollute and consume resources for nothing more than wealth creation, I do not see a moral argument that can make this good and any effort to conserve or protect evil, but feel free to try.

This post is an example of just how absolutely STUPID the left is..... I dont recall ANY of the GOP candidates wanting to pollute the environment.

Their attacks on environmental regulation, climate science and environmentalists says that yes, they do want to pollute because it's cheaper than not polluting.

Their attacks on environmental regulation, climate science and environmentalists says that yes, they do want to pollute because it's cheaper than not polluting.

UNBELIEVABLE..!

I am just astounded at how dumb things are getting.
The debate is being dumbed down with all the stupid accusations coming from the left.

I have been on and off the board all day, here and there, and I just cant believe how stupid folks are being regarding the GOP candidates.
No, they are not perfect, but to say we want women raped... we want to pollute the earth...we want to kill old people... we want to ban birth control... we want to take away SSI... we want to kill the homeless, and on and on.

I just almost dont want to hang out here any longer.

The debates are just plain silly now, and there is no middle ground.

I never thought it would come to this.

Just find you the cheapest virtual reality machine you can and fuck Obama already.

Spare us the details though.

Get tired of trying to act non partisan on your other thread? what a silly little outburst.

Not at all. This post was directed at lahkota. He/she acts like a complete loon so I respond in kind. Has nothing to do with political opinion.

UNBELIEVABLE..!

The debate is being dumbed down with all the stupid accusations coming from the left.

I have been on and off the board all day, here and there, and I just cant believe how stupid folks are being regarding the GOP candidates.
No, they are not perfect, but to say we want women raped... we want to pollute the earth...we want to kill old people... we want to ban birth control... we want to take away SSI... we want to kill the homeless, and on and on.

Sorry if I am offending you, why don't you accuse me of wanting a communist takeover to make yourself feel better.

UNBELIEVABLE..!

Sorry if I am offending you, why don't you accuse me of wanting a communist takeover to make yourself feel better.

Because Im not stupid.

Forum List

Back