Santorum: "We're not here to serve the earth"

Marx never argued for environmental constraints on the environment, but lets make shit up.

Because, he wasn't as evil as the left is today to want to completely kill the economic systems of nations.

Putting Constraints on our wealth making ability doesn't help anyone, but destroys our living standards at a even higher pace.

Did your mother accidentally feed you bleach instead of breast milk?

Rick Santorum’s Troubling Views on Science

by Chris Mooney

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum announced for president today. We just praised Mitt Romney here for his acceptance of climate science–and by the same token, there is much to criticize about Santorum’s scientific views. Namely:

1. Santorum is an anti-evolution, “intelligent design” supporter who has written that ID “is a legitimate scientific theory that should be taught in science classes.” It isn’t, and it shouldn’t.

2. Santorum is an opponent of embryonic stem cell research, and in his opposition, he cites other scientific avenues like adult stem cell research as an adequate substitute–despite the fact that scientists say we need to try all approaches, rather than limiting inquiry. Or as the International Society for Stem Cell Research puts it: “Research on human embryonic stem cells, somatic cell nuclear transfer, induced pluripotent state cells (iPS cells) and ‘adult’ or tissue-specific stem cells needs to continue in parallel. All are part of a research effort that seeks to expand our knowledge of how cells function, what fails in the disease process, and how the first stages of human development occur. It is this combined knowledge that will ultimately generate safe and effective therapies.”

3. Santorum is a global warming skeptic. Witness this 2008 column in the Philadelphia Inquirer, claiming that “global temperatures have actually cooled over the last 10 years and are predicted to continue cooling over the next 10.” No they aren’t.

All of these positions are outside the scientific mainstream and, indeed, simply out of touch.

Rick Santorum’s Troubling Views on Science | The Intersection | Discover Magazine

I believe strongly in clean air and water, but somethings are going to far. I believe It's going to far when we shut down clean coal plants just because.(for some eco-craze). We have two choices 1# To build wealth in hopefully grow our economy or 2# keep caping our selfs(not growing our wealth or energy resources). Seriously, how does a economy grow in size outside of the growth rate of the work force if we don't increase our wealth? Throughout human history- we have always explored and found more and more resources, but now we have stopped. That's part of the problem. We inflate our dollar by devaluing it as it becomes worth less and less. I don't believe that is the way to go.

Another advantage of mining off this planet is we don't have to mess up our planet.
Don't worry by 2050,the responsibility of pollution moreover the world finiancal market (because by then the Yen will be the Reserve Currency) as China will take control.

You will no doubt have Sanctions against you as the world drags you kicking and screaming into the Clean Modern New World that you were incapabable of comprehending(AS YOU DO NOW)but hey you only had 80 years to get your act together......It's a real shame that a supposedly educated first world country,that some of its inhabitants are o so ignorant.but there you go.steve:cool:

I'm for clean tech, but I'm not for destroying the economic system or moving over to failed economic idea's to do so. China will care far less about anyones human rights then the United states ever did..You leftist fuckers are going to end up killing hundreds of millions of more people because of your idiocy. One of the greatest advancements of the mid to late 20th century was more and more freedoms through capitalism spreading throughout the world. Remember that.

Last edited:
I believe strongly in clean air and water, but somethings are going to far. I believe It's going to far when we shut down clean coal plants just because.(for some eco-craze). We have two choices 1# To build wealth in hopefully grow our economy or 2# keep caping our selfs(not growing our wealth or energy resources). Seriously, how does a economy grow in size outside of the growth rate of the work force if we don't increase our wealth? Throughout human history- we have always explored and found more and more resources, but now we have stopped. That's part of the problem. We inflate our dollar by devaluing it as it becomes worth less and less. I don't believe that is the way to go.

Another advantage of mining off this planet is we don't have to mess up our planet.
Don't worry by 2050,the responsibility of pollution moreover the world finiancal market (because by then the Yen will be the Reserve Currency) as China will take control.

You will no doubt have Sanctions against you as the world drags you kicking and screaming into the Clean Modern New World that you were incapabable of comprehending(AS YOU DO NOW)but hey you only had 80 years to get your act together......It's a real shame that a supposedly educated first world country,that some of its inhabitants are o so ignorant.but there you go.steve:cool:

Are you a cyber doppelganger of franco? Or just deranged on your own?

by Chris Mooney

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum announced for president today. We just praised Mitt Romney here for his acceptance of climate science–and by the same token, there is much to criticize about Santorum’s scientific views. Namely:

1. Santorum is an anti-evolution, “intelligent design” supporter who has written that ID “is a legitimate scientific theory that should be taught in science classes.” It isn’t, and it shouldn’t.

2. Santorum is an opponent of embryonic stem cell research, and in his opposition, he cites other scientific avenues like adult stem cell research as an adequate substitute–despite the fact that scientists say we need to try all approaches, rather than limiting inquiry. Or as the International Society for Stem Cell Research puts it: “Research on human embryonic stem cells, somatic cell nuclear transfer, induced pluripotent state cells (iPS cells) and ‘adult’ or tissue-specific stem cells needs to continue in parallel. All are part of a research effort that seeks to expand our knowledge of how cells function, what fails in the disease process, and how the first stages of human development occur. It is this combined knowledge that will ultimately generate safe and effective therapies.”

3. Santorum is a global warming skeptic. Witness this 2008 column in the Philadelphia Inquirer, claiming that “global temperatures have actually cooled over the last 10 years and are predicted to continue cooling over the next 10.” No they aren’t.

All of these positions are outside the scientific mainstream and, indeed, simply out of touch.

Rick Santorum’s Troubling Views on Science | The Intersection | Discover Magazine

:lmao: Your OP does a faceplant so you try something else?

:lol:

What a moron you are.

Marx never argued for environmental constraints on the environment, but lets make shit up.

Because, he wasn't as evil as the left is today to want to completely kill the economic systems of nations.

Putting Constraints on our wealth making ability doesn't help anyone, but destroys our living standards at a even higher pace.

As a supporter of a mind set that killed more people then all the wars of the past 500 years within the 20th century...I'd say your mother fucked up.

Last edited:
By Joshua Hersh

In a speech to Tea Party conservatives on Saturday in Columbus, Ohio, Santorum had dismissed Obama's politics as being based in "some phony theology."

"It's not about you. It's not about your quality of life. It's not about your jobs," Santorum said. "It's about some phony ideal, some phony theology. Oh, not a theology based on the Bible. A different theology."

An incredulous Bob Schieffer began his interview with Santorum Sunday by asking, "What in the world were you talking about?"

"I was talking about the radical environmentalists," Santorum said, suggesting that they believe man should protect the earth, rather than "steward its resources." "I think that is a phony ideal. I don't believe that's what we're here to do ... We're not here to serve the earth. That is not the objective, man is the objective."

More: Santorum Defends 'Phony Theology' Remarks, Doubles Down On Religious Critique Of Obama
What an idiot you are.

Yeah, stewardship of the Earth's resources is a really bad idea.

Too bad he's not black, you could show all of us how racist you are again.
The only thing phony on here is SI MODOWOKO:lol::cool:

What would Santorum know about "stewardship" when he can't comprehend modern science? Native Americans didn't know much about science, but they sure understood "stewardship".

by Chris Mooney

So I take it you aren't going to vote for him. :lol:

Being a supporter of a mind set that killed more people then all the wars of the past 500 years within the 20th century...I'd say your mother fucked up.

Because my mother taught me to pick up after myself and care about my enviroment?

You are one stupid ass troll.

No offense, but I am ignoring in this conversation from here forward. You are not worth my time.

Last edited:

Things are really getting dumbed down here lately.

Its a SURE sign the left is scared shitless about Novembers elections.

Is it too much to ask the left to be intellectually honest about what is going on here in America?

Who is it that has turned their back on The Constitution? It certainly is'nt Santorum and oh...and neither has Romney, Gingrich or Paul. We have 4 decent men running for POTUS still.... any one of them would infinitely better than Obama.
We couldn't give a stuff if you are left or right.....In Australia we would have to lock you up and throw away the key,your attitude and ignorance on this subject (like many like minded conservatives) is on a CRETIN LEVEL.......what a pack of BUMB BASTARDS YOU ARE.

I'm the liq I kick Dumb ASSES like the Infidel......Dumb Bastard

Marxism is what you fight for! What you bastards don't understand is as you spend us into the ground you break our ability to give to people other peoples money. Without building more wealth, you quickly run out of wealth to give away and once its gone everything starts to go to hell. Theres your problem!

Seriously, I don't want to screw up the planet, but shutting down coal, oil and even nuclear isn't wise if you really do want to help people. The way to help people is to increase the living standard through increasing the wealth of our nation. More wealth=more resources and expanding our scope into the resources of space. I believe in the short term we can mine and drill for our resources, but there will come a time to expand.
Don't be silly I'm worth 5 million in property alone......but I ain't a bloody conservative.Fuck you think I'm Mad:eusa_angel:

Being a supporter of a mind set that killed more people then all the wars of the past 500 years within the 20th century...I'd say your mother fucked up.

Because my mother taught me to pick up after myself and care about my enviroment?

I also believe in picking up after myself and keeping the planet clean, but to then close our main sources of energy and to go over to something that will take another 20-30 years to even become a first rate energy source is kind of dumb.

Seriously, you people want to keep printing more and more money, but the longer we do that the less it's worth. It isn't backed by anything.

I knew ole Si modo would finally get around to negging me. That's what many righties do when all else fails.

I also believe in picking up after myself and keeping the planet clean, but to then close our main sources of energy and to go over to something that will take another 20-30 years to even become a first rate energy source is kind of dumb.

Seriously, you people want to keep printing more and more money, but the longer we do that the less it's worth. It isn't backed by anything.

I support Gary Johnson, you dumbass inbred mouth breather.

I guess my thesis was right, your mother fed your bleach rather than milk.

What would Santorum know about "stewardship" when he can't comprehend modern science? Native Americans didn't know much about science, but they sure understood "stewardship".

In someways, I agree on the part that he doesn't want to increase our knowlege within science(either does obama), but his heart is in the right place with going after more resources. Hopefully, with the cleanest means possible. I love clean air and water!

I support Gary Johnson, you dumbass inbred mouth breather.

I guess my thesis was right, your mother fed your bleach rather than milk.

So how on gods earth can you support increasing electric bills on the population through going over to more costly energy(solar and wind), through government mandate. How is that small government? . Seriously, how is growing the government make any sense? Your the only one that has been inbreed. Likely fucking your sister later tonight. :eek:

Last edited:

In someways, I agree on the part that he doesn't want to increase our knowlege within science(either does obama), but his heart is in the right place with going after more resources. Hopefully, with the cleanest means possible. I love clean air and water!

Wow. Just wow. Well, can you at least provide some credible proof that Obama doesn't want to increase our scientific knowledge?

Forum List

Back