Sandra Fluke considering running for Waxman's seat.

Most of the far right simply believe they have the right to their own 'facts', whether they are actual facts or not.

Fluke cannot win a primary, I think.

If she did, however, she would win the district because of its tilt.

That is EXACTLY the point I have been making with the original posting. Only, I didn't issue an opinion as to whether she could win the primary, because no one has officially announced yet.

Waxman should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. talk about a blowhard who pretended to pay in the best interests of the people while all along he was playing for corporations and government greed. His crusade on tobacco. yes we are so concerned about the health of smokers we are going to do away with the evil weed tobacco. We will make the tobacco companies pay. Pay for the health costs of smoking victims, pay for anti smoking education, relieve the healthcare burden on society that has to pay for increase health care costs of smokers. so what did Waxman really do? well he got taxes increase on tobacco companies. but the money never went to the originally stated "good will" causes. as usual it went to liberal pork projects. Companies like Philip Morris who's policy always was, We are an American company and we buy American, were forced, overnight to outsource $1billion worth of consumer rewards incentives off shore. the ripple effect was putting thousands of American workers who used to manufacture those products out of business. companies shut down over night because that volume accounted for better than 50% of their volume. Billions were slashed in advertising dollars. Branded functional pieces of POS advertising were outlawed. again, the hundreds of thousands of these pieces that used to be manufactured in the USA all of a sudden ceased to exist. more jobs lost, more companies closed. the teams that used to have full time jobs installing these pieces and doing regular graphics refreshes lost all that work. the logistics and transportation warehousing and moving these items lost this volume. no one ever brought theses negatives to the American economy up when they were claiming they were winning the war on tobacco. crippling the tobacco companies. And how crippled where the tobacco companies? Well, actually they were winners. in the process they received legal benefits. Class action suits that were crippling them in time and legal fees were no longer to be allowed. thank you henry Waxman. it became almost impossible for new competitors to enter the market ensuring the current giants PM, RJR AT maintained their domination and control of the market share. Tobacco companies actually came out winners. After all, the government was now making more on a pack of cigarettes than they were. The government was now doing everything they could to ensure they maintained a healthy business. smokers still smoke and get sick. smokers still tax the health care industry. $0 dollars of tax money collected by the government goes back into the healthcare industry to reduce the cost burden. the government perpetuated a bigger smoke screen on the American public than the smoke from every cigarette ever smoked. Thank you henry Waxman. oh yea, and smoking level for young adults is actually on the rise again. go figure.

oh yea, another example of your government looking out for your health interest. E cigarettes. you know those new smokeless cigarettes where you are basically inhaling water vapor. a far more safer alternative than tobacco. well they are being banned. why? 2 reasons. Pressure from insurance companies and drug manufacturers. No profit in a healthy individual for them. and since they now control the healthcare industry thanks to obamacare, they have a very powerful lobby voice. and government themselves. they need the tax dollars they recoup from the deadly tobacco cigarettes. they get nothing on the sale of an e cigarette.

This is, of course, a big lie, for many reasons.

1.) Waxman doesn't represent LA. CA-33 is Hollywood, Bel Aire, Santa Monica.
2.) In 2012, alone for his seat, 318,520 votes were cast:

Henry Waxman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is MORE votes than were cast in either Wyoming, DC, Vermont or Alaska in the 2012 General election for President:

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/...l&f=1&off=0&year=2012&sort_dir=&submit=Submit

One congressional district with more votes than any one of those four "states".

So, care to try again, or do you prefer to stay ignorant and fact-free?

Hollywood and Bel Aire are NOT separate cities. They are neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Beverly Hills is a separate city within the city of Los Angeles. Santa Monica is a separate city but Hollywood and Bel Aire are NOT. 318,520 votes is miniscule compared with the size of the population in this area. I can vote against Fluke because I live in this district.

No, they are listed as separate cities. I checked. No one congressional district can have more than 700,000 people in it, so 318,520 is at least 60% of registered voters.

This is why the area around LA has so many congressional districts.

Care to try again, or do you prefer to remain so stupid?

Why so arrogant ? You're wrong. Bel Air is a neighborhood, not a city.
Bel Air, Bel-Air or Bel Air Estates[1] is an affluent neighborhood in Westside Los Angeles, California.
Bel Air, Los Angeles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hollywood is also a (famous) neighborhood within the City of Los Angeles. it is not a separate city. (oddly enough, west hollywood is a separate city)

Hollywood /ˈhɒliwʊd/ is a famous district in the central region of Los Angeles, California.

Hollywood was a small community in 1870 and was incorporated as a municipality in 1903. It merged with the City of Los Angeles in 1910, and soon thereafter a film industry began to emerge, eventually becoming dominant in the world. From the late 1990s to 2013, new buildings, roadways and a subway public transportation system have transformed the neighborhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood

Last edited:
Lots of bellyaching on this thread.

I never said that Fluke would win. I said that she would be likely to win were she to win the primary, due to the tilt of this district.

I never said that others were not running.

I am really enjoying Righties showing their asses about this.

Is there even one single Rightie other than [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] or perhaps [MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION] out there who can actually carry on an intelligent conversation concerning numbers and statistics and probabilities, or are you all just totally busy being infernally mad and frothing at the mouth?

Jesus, dudes, comprehension and discernment are YOUR FRIENDS!! Read, listen, learn.
I guess in a progressive world Fluke is attractive, US women are thinner than Czech and Jake is a right-winger?!:cuckoo:
LOL, I needed a good laugh to start the day, haha.

Waxman represents constituents in LA(west side of LA mostly) and Santa Monica(separate city). Trust me, I live here.

Lots of bellyaching on this thread.

I never said that Fluke would win. I said that she would be likely to win were she to win the primary, due to the tilt of this district.

I never said that others were not running.

I am really enjoying Righties showing their asses about this.

Is there even one single Rightie other than [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] or perhaps [MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION] out there who can actually carry on an intelligent conversation concerning numbers and statistics and probabilities, or are you all just totally busy being infernally mad and frothing at the mouth?

Jesus, dudes, comprehension and discernment are YOUR FRIENDS!! Read, listen, learn.
I guess in a progressive world Fluke is attractive, US women are thinner than Czech and Jake is a right-winger?!:cuckoo:
LOL, I needed a good laugh to start the day, haha.
You are welcome, it struck me as ditzy at least as well.
Fluke attractive, and Jake right-wing?! LOL!

Sandra Fluke,elizabeth Warren,that hot chick from Texas...
Hilary...better start looking over your shoulder.
The Democrat party threw you under the bus the last time.
Don't think they wont do it again...

Fluke is a perfect presidential candidate for the Democrats in 2016. She'll have as much experience as Obama by then!!

All she needs to do is run on abortion and birth control...
She could win it all if they run her for president...

While there's no doubt there are many good people out there, the R has made women a prime target.

Oh?

In what way is that, Herr Goebbels?

That puts someone like Fluke in the right place at the right time.

This is quid pro quo for Flukes performance during the first assault on the 1st Amendment. Since the revocation of civil rights is the goal of the democrats, the acting in front of congress in hopes of stripping the Catholic Church of civil rights was orchestrated by the party. The payment promised Fluke, is Waxmans' seat.

I would be very happy to see more women like her in congress.

OTOH, I also suspect she's not nearly as radical women's lib as some believe.

You'd be happier to see Pol Pot as absolute dictator.

She always has in the past.

Then why did she demand that Congress revoke the 1st Amendment and force the Catholic Church to pay for her contraception?

Oh, that's right - this isn't about contraception, it's ENTIRELY about an assault on civil liberty. This was a "trial balloon" to gauge the public reaction to the democrats assault on the Constitution.

Piss on Fluke, she's just a puppet of your shameful party.

Forum List

Back