San Francisco mayor bans publicly-funded travel to Indiana in response to "religious freedom" law

How much travel to Indiana do the employees of City of San Francisco even do?
These boycotts are just asinine. Do you remember when Los Angeles said they would boycott Arizona because of their new law requiring the enforcement of federal immigration laws? A state functionary let float the idea that Arizona could turn out their lights, which caused a big uproar, but the point was, we are all interdependent on each other and Los Angeles saying they're going to boycott states that provide water and electricity for them just blows the stupid scale.

The problem is, our concept of leadership has suffered a sizable downgrade. Leaders are supposed to know by instinct not to get involved in petty populist squabbles, to gage carefully the impact of their words, and to do everything in their power to maintain calm and the public order. But now we have immature punks who never fully grew up in positions of great power. They incite people, set up useless confrontations, and don't consider the long term consequences of cities and states in a state of war with each other. They're the kind of people you never send on a diplomatic errand because they piss people off instead of seeking common ground and calming rattled nerves.

And it starts to alarm me when average people are more mature than the leaders appointed to govern them.

It's not just San Francisco that is coming out against the "right to be an anti gay bigot" bill...

may-boycott-indiana-638x478.png

You people/homosexuals are so dramatic and such LIARS on top of it. that law has nothing to do with the: right to be a bigot ANIT-homosexuals. and even if it did. THAT is a persons RIGHT. Keep it up you aren't FORCING people to accept you more by this crap, in fact you are making people HATE you all more. I doubt all the people who live in Indiana could care less what frikken companies are going to boycott them. You want to HURT the people living there because of their GOVERNMENT. that's how nasty you all are
You truly are an ignorant, ridiculous idiot.

No one is 'forcing' anyone to do anything.

And it's only you and others on the right who garner the contempt of the American people as a consequence of your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans.

Homosexuals didn't try and force cake baking, floral arrangements? What happened when they were turned down? That's forcing

We're all forced to obey the law. Speed limits, for example, are not suggestions.

Anyone think to ask Indiana if they give a shit?

It's kinda like your throwing a party and flaming queer down the street you didn't invite anyway makes a big production about how he won't be attending your party.

In fact, they're probably kicking themselves in Indiana. "You mean all along it was that easy to keep the Frisco drama queens from visiting?"

It would be kewl if every state but California passed such a law. Then what would the queers do?
Put a law like Indy just passed on the ballot in Cal and it passes 80-20. Guaranteed.

And gets struck down by the despotic 9th Circuit. California banned gay marriage and it was struck down. Then they passed an amendment to the California Constitution and a federal judge struck down their amendment. Whenever I argue that the Left hates Democracy, there's always plenty of examples at my disposal to make my case.

It's not just San Francisco that is coming out against the "right to be an anti gay bigot" bill...

You people/homosexuals are so dramatic and such LIARS on top of it. that law has nothing to do with the: right to be a bigot ANIT-homosexuals. and even if it did. THAT is a persons RIGHT. Keep it up you aren't FORCING people to accept you more by this crap, in fact you are making people HATE you all more. I doubt all the people who live in Indiana could care less what frikken companies are going to boycott them. You want to HURT the people living there because of their GOVERNMENT. that's how nasty you all are

And it's only you and others on the right who garner the contempt of the American people as a consequence of your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans.

Homosexuals didn't try and force cake baking, floral arrangements? What happened when they were turned down? That's forcing

We're all forced to obey the law. Speed limits, for example, are not suggestions.

Neither are immigration laws.

Which religions have laws against doing business with a gay person?

Can any of you list those religions, and cite the commandment, or the equivalent?

As always, you avoid answering the question.

You're obviously a coward.
Why am I to help you with your voyeurism? Not my fault you like to jerk off to other people's stories on the internet.

More running away.

Are all queers as cowardly as you?
:lol: I'm right here, Chancey Gardner. I like your projection of your fear of gays. It's amusing.

Apparently you're having a conversation with some imaginary person. You certainly aren't having one with me.
I'm right here, Chancey...still want to live vicariously thru my life?

Still running away like a scared little puppy. Your modus operandi is to engage in drive-by postings and then running away from what you posted.

That's the way we expect queer cowards to behave.

It's kinda like your throwing a party and flaming queer down the street you didn't invite anyway makes a big production about how he won't be attending your party.

In fact, they're probably kicking themselves in Indiana. "You mean all along it was that easy to keep the Frisco drama queens from visiting?"

It would be kewl if every state but California passed such a law. Then what would the queers do?
Put a law like Indy just passed on the ballot in Cal and it passes 80-20. Guaranteed.

Yep. I bet they're even more sick of being hectored by queers than the rest of us.

Religious freedom? Outrage! Who ever heard of such a thing as religious freedom in America? The nerve of some people to think that some gay couple's perverse desire to force a religious vendor to service their wedding against their will can be overruled by the religious vendor's constitutional right of freedom of religion!

How ironic that America was founded by people who came to the New World to enjoy religious freedom.

Dear mikegriffith1
What is baffling is the SENTIMENT is mutual -- the gay/bi/trans community feels EQUALLY imposed upon
and outraged for much the same reasons.

But the understanding is not mutual!
Both sides feel the other is only pushing their side and excluding theirs!

It is AMAZING to me, and disturbing, that the two sides cannot see they impose on each other's beliefs.
They are both suffering similar outrage at not being respected and represented equally,
but cannot sympathize or imagine the other side feels the exact same way! Why not?
The difference is the side of religion is long established and the sentiment there is their rights are being either taken from them. Something that has always been there.
The other side believes they are a protected class and as such unassailable. Never to be questioned or challenged. Beyond any criticism. In other words, what they say goes. And that's that.
The militant gay community has the left wing main stream media going to bat for them. The militant gay community wants to be placed not in a position of equality, but in the place of superiority.

Can any of you list those religions, and cite the commandment, or the equivalent?

We're not talking about doing any business with a gay person, but specific business catering to their lifestyle, such as wedding services. Why can't you Leftists debate the actual law that was passed in Indiana rather than the fake one you have in your empty heads?

Did anyone ever hear of someone not from Indiana say: I am going to take the family to Indiana for vacation? Almost like someone going to Oklahoma for vacation :eek:
Every May, Speedway, Indiana home of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway becomes one of the largest cities in the midwest.
French Lick resort is very nice in summer and fall. 5 Star resort.......
Now, what this has to do with anything is a mystery.
The fact is this law is a fly in the liberal left's protected class ointment and you people are incensed over that fact....
Well, tough shit. You'll just have to deal with it.
If you don't like religious freedom and think your freedom should usurp that of all others, well then you have a choice.....
BTW, the boycott is bupkis.
4 Billion Corp. To Indiana We Warned You About RFRA Now We re Forced To Dramatically Reduce Our Investment - The New Civil Rights Movement
What's HE going to do? Pull out and risk the ire of shareholders so he can stand on ceremony?
Please.
This is one of these things that in a bout 15 or 20 minutes will be forgotten.
The reaction from the wacka doodle left is almost comical.

We're not talking about doing any business with a gay person, but specific business catering to their lifestyle, such as wedding services. Why can't you Leftists debate the actual law that was passed in Indiana rather than the fake one you have in your empty heads?
Because they CAN'T debate this on the facts. It's all about emotion.

The government of San Francisco is violating 1st amendment religious freedom by punishing the people of Indiana. Government can't discriminate based on religion.

I doubt it will have much of an impact. I cannot fathom any reason that you'd leave California for Indiana for official reasons. You certainly are not missing any keen intellect by bypassing Indy in your itenerrary.

A few years back the NFL yanked the Super Bowl from Arizona based on it's unwillingness to observe the MLK holiday. Hopefully, they will do the same thing for Indy if there is an important game upcoming in that state.
And where was the SB played this year? Please.
So, your objection to religious freedom is...?
Just answer the question.

This law forces no one to do anything

:lol: :lol: :lol: Um....no.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Um....no.
Prop 8 passed. What makes you think this one wouldn't?

Forum List

Back