Same sex attraction is a mental disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mental disorder by definition must be debilitating.

My God how can you be so stupid.

Are claustrophobics unable to function daily? Yes.
Are people with fear of heights able to function daily? Yes.

The question is, how do YOU function daily being so friggin' ignorant.

I will say this for sure: homosexuality is a sin, first. .
Why is it a sin?
Because the Bible says so?

That's right asshole.

I will say this for sure: homosexuality is a sin,

To be fair, so is mixing wool with linen and wearing white shoes after Labor Day (I'm not 100% certain on the second one, but it should be).

I find it's better to let G-d deal with those whom we consider to be sinners and deal with our own transgressions.
I hope none among us has eaten shellfish. Or bacon.

Or combinations thereof ...

Brown-Sugar-Bacon-Wrapped-Scallops-Appetizer-Recipe-Picture-1.jpg

What's that?

I see I need to repeat the FACTS:

, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

For some folks though, this disorder is now the "non-disorder formerly known as disorder." It was a disorder in the DSM I and II published by the APA. But in the DSM IV, it was removed as a disorder. Why?

Protests by gay rights activists against the APA began in 1970 when the organization held its convention in San Francisco. The activists disrupted the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, gay rights activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you." To put is bluntly, the American Psychological Association buckled and caved to protesters, and therefore have no legitimacy now.

So the APA can be, and is, wrong. The current APA thinks that they were "wrong back then," and "right now." But certainly, the opposite can be true, that is was right back then and wrong now. The fact is that they were right before and wrong now because they now fear liberal retaliation and political correctness that did not exist before.

By the way, note that I never brought religion into the OP. The fact that homosexuals suffer from a mental disorder that causes them to engage in sick acts of perversion has nothing to do with religion, its a medical fact.

I said in another thread: If I said that pedophiles engaged in acts of perversion nobody here would argue and nobody would call me a religious bigot. But that's where ignorant Leftists go on this issue because they are in denial of reality.

Well, homosexuals AND pedophiles BOTH suffer from mental disorders that cause them to engage in sick acts of perversion, and that has nothing to do with religion, its a medical fact.

Liberals are science deniers. They prefer junk fake science, the same as they do with gender fluidity, and denying that children in the womb are human beings. You are science-deniers.

Same sex attraction is a mental disorder, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

For some folks though, this disorder is now the "non-disorder formerly known as disorder." It was a disorder in the DSM I and II published by the APA. But in the DSM IV, it was removed as a disorder. Why?

Protests by gay rights activists against the APA began in 1970 when the organization held its convention in San Francisco. The activists disrupted the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, gay rights activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you." To put is bluntly, the American Psychological Association buckled and caved to protesters, and therefore have no legitimacy now.

So the APA can be, and is, wrong. The current APA thinks that they were "wrong back then," and "right now." But certainly, the opposite can be true, that is was right back then and wrong now. The fact is that they were right before and wrong now because they now fear liberal retaliation and political correctness that did not exist before.

Author: Me!

Ok. Well, then do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex. If you run into problems, there is always electric shock therapy.

Sounds sexy. Where do they place the electrodes?*

*Asking for a friend

To be fair, so is mixing wool with linen and wearing white shoes after Labor Day (I'm not 100% certain on the second one, but it should be).

I find it's better to let G-d deal with those whom we consider to be sinners and deal with our own transgressions.

What's that?

Scallops wrapped in bacon.

If anyone doubts what quackery there is in the psychology/psychiatry field of "science", consider what was the "Gold Standard" of human sexuality for decades: the Kinsey Report. This dude was a bonafide perverted freak, and sold it all in the name of "science".

I don't trust the mental sciences to get much of anything write. Neurologists, yes. "Counselors" and such, no. Mostly they're nuts and went into it to figure out WHY they're nuts--there, I said it

Yes, we all know Science scares you religious nutters. We've gotten that.

YOU think other sexual preferences and fetishes are "perverted". But that's kind of your hangup, isn't it?

Nope. I think having sex with children, or being attracted to children, is definitely perverted for example. Other things are too. I find I'm not going to budge on that, not going to argue with you about it either.

These things are not the same for Christians.

See: Moral Law, Civil Law, Ceremonial Law

You see why I do not use religion for this topic? This is the kind of BS that gets thrown at you. Stick with the science of it.

Same sex attraction is a mental disorder, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

Author: Me!

Ok. Well, then do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex. If you run into problems, there is always electric shock therapy.

Sounds sexy. Where do they place the electrodes?*

*Asking for a friend

I so laughed out loud. I'm going to need a warning to put down my coffee before you hit me with that.

What's that?

Scallops wrapped in bacon.

Can't eat either.

Which is my point. Unlike crime, which is a violation of laws agreed to by society (for the most part), sin is a violation of a personal moral code that will vary from person to person based on their beliefs.

It's not a good idea to inflict your religiously based moral standards on those who hold different religious views.

Very bad things have come about from doing that.

Bullcrap I have no data. Lots of alcoholics willingly share their issue publicly. Even President Bush did. How AA world is not an anonymous secret.

The goal is not to be "not attracted". The goal is abstinence, and that is done with support and friends.

Why should abstinence be a goal?

Here's the thing. I had an Aunt who was a lesbian. Except it was the 1950's and our family was devoutly Catholic, so the proper thing to do was to get married to a man and pretend you like Dick. (The other option was to become a nun and torment small children!)

This woman was not any happier in life after her fake marriage fell apart after a year (they were still technically 'married' because the church didn't allow divorce).

It seems to me that two people who love each other and enjoy each other's company and sex should have all the right in the world to enjoy that. Whether they are opposite or same sex.

upload_2019-6-30_7-20-26.jpeg

My God how can you be so stupid.

Are claustrophobics unable to function daily? Yes.
Are people with fear of heights able to function daily? Yes.

Well, not if they have to go into a tight space or a high place... no.

So how does being gay prevent anyone from functioning.

That's right asshole.

The bible also says to stone women who aren't virgins on their wedding nights. We'd probably have to stone 99% of the female population.

Which is my point. Unlike crime, which is a violation of laws agreed to by society (for the most part), sin is a violation of a personal moral code that will vary from person to person based on their beliefs.

It's not a good idea to inflict your religiously based moral standards on those who hold different religious views.

Very bad things have come about from doing that.

Did you read that I advocated making homosexuality a civil penalty? Cause...I don't think I typed that. At all.

Thread Topic:

, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

By the way, note that I never brought religion into the OP. The fact that homosexuals suffer from a mental disorder that causes them to engage in sick acts of perversion has nothing to do with religion, its a medical fact.

I said in another thread: If I said that pedophiles engaged in acts of perversion nobody here would argue and nobody would call me a religious bigot. But that's where ignorant Leftists go on this issue because they are in denial of reality.

Well, homosexuals AND pedophiles BOTH suffer from mental disorders that cause them to engage in sick acts of perversion, and that has nothing to do with religion, its a medical fact.

Liberals are science deniers. They prefer junk fake science, the same as they do with gender fluidity, and denying that children in the womb are human beings. You are science-deniers.

Pulling facts out of one's homophobic butt is....:abgg2q.jpg:

~S~

And yet, you've not provided evidence that the APA is wrong here. Science changes when new information is available. You have an opinion. Further, you keep attempting to conflate pedophilia and homosexuality.

The bottom line here is that if you are against having sex with someone of the same sex..........don't have sex with someone of the same sex. Really simple.

And yet, you've not provided evidence that the APA is wrong here. Science changes when new information is available. You have an opinion. Further, you keep attempting to conflate pedophilia and homosexuality.

The bottom line here is that if you are against having sex with someone of the same sex..........don't have sex with someone of the same sex. Really simple.

People tend to engage in cyber sex these days.

Now that's really simple.

Why are homosexuals so worried about what straight people think. If I think it's unhealthy and abnormal, why should that matter at all. Maybe they're a little unsure of themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back