Same sex attraction is a mental disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
Same sex attraction is a mental disorder, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

For some folks though, this disorder is now the "non-disorder formerly known as disorder." It was a disorder in the DSM I and II published by the APA. But in the DSM IV, it was removed as a disorder. Why?

Protests by gay rights activists against the APA began in 1970 when the organization held its convention in San Francisco. The activists disrupted the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, gay rights activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you." To put is bluntly, the American Psychological Association buckled and caved to protesters, and therefore have no legitimacy now.

So the APA can be, and is, wrong. The current APA thinks that they were "wrong back then," and "right now." But certainly, the opposite can be true, that is was right back then and wrong now. The fact is that they were right before and wrong now because they now fear liberal retaliation and political correctness that did not exist before.

Author: Me!

• Banned
By the way, note that I never brought religion into the OP. The fact that homosexuals suffer from a mental disorder that causes them to engage in sick acts of perversion has nothing to do with religion, its a medical fact.

I said in another thread: If I said that pedophiles engaged in acts of perversion nobody here would argue and nobody would call me a religious bigot. But that's where ignorant Leftists go on this issue because they are in denial of reality.

Well, homosexuals AND pedophiles BOTH suffer from mental disorders that cause them to engage in sick acts of perversion, and that has nothing to do with religion, its a medical fact.

Liberals are science deniers. They prefer junk fake science, the same as they do with gender fluidity, and denying that children in the womb are human beings. You are science-deniers.

I will say this for sure: homosexuality is a sin, first. And second, psychiatry/psychology is filled with a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of fakery and quackery. They're finding out that much of "talk therapy" is not all that useful because many disorders and diseases are brain/biology based. I'm talking anxiety, depression, bipolar, etc.

If anyone doubts what quackery there is in the psychology/psychiatry field of "science", consider what was the "Gold Standard" of human sexuality for decades: the Kinsey Report. This dude was a bonafide perverted freak, and sold it all in the name of "science".

I don't trust the mental sciences to get much of anything write. Neurologists, yes. "Counselors" and such, no. Mostly they're nuts and went into it to figure out WHY they're nuts--there, I said it

Same sex attraction is a mental disorder, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) for most of its history, until recently.

For some folks though, this disorder is now the "non-disorder formerly known as disorder." It was a disorder in the DSM I and II published by the APA. But in the DSM IV, it was removed as a disorder. Why?

Protests by gay rights activists against the APA began in 1970 when the organization held its convention in San Francisco. The activists disrupted the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, gay rights activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you." To put is bluntly, the American Psychological Association buckled and caved to protesters, and therefore have no legitimacy now.

So the APA can be, and is, wrong. The current APA thinks that they were "wrong back then," and "right now." But certainly, the opposite can be true, that is was right back then and wrong now. The fact is that they were right before and wrong now because they now fear liberal retaliation and political correctness that did not exist before.

Ok. Well, then do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex. If you run into problems, there is always electric shock therapy.

• Banned
I will say this for sure: homosexuality is a sin, first.

I agree. But since different people have different religions it is fruitless to address it from a religious point of view, unless of course you are speaking to someone of the same religion as you are.
And second, psychiatry/psychology is filled with a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of fakery and quackery.

The APA is corrupt. Plus they are actually a lobbying group which is something that most people don't know. They removed Same Sex attraction from the DSM for purely political reasons, not medical.
They're finding out that much of "talk therapy" is not all that useful because many disorders and diseases are brain/biology based. I'm talking anxiety, depression, bipolar, etc.

The therapy that works is the same therapy that world for alcoholics. Support Groups. Unfortunately, for an AA style group to work, the first step is admitting that you have a problem, and thanks to the Left and the now corrupt APA many homosexuals don't thing they even have a problem. THAT is the problem. And thanks to Leftist militants you are hard pressed to even find one.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Ok. Well, then do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex.......

Short answer: Nothing. The alcoholic who stays clean and sober will tell you that he will always be an alcoholic and is always one drink away from the next drunk. But he stays clean and sober with support groups.

That is what the homosexual must do: Admit to themselves that they suffer from a problem, and seek support.

Shock therapy is just insane and crazy. It is the fake news media's red herring, used to malign ALL forms of therapy, including support groups.

Ok. Well, then do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex.......

Short answer: Nothing. The alcoholic who stays clean and sober will tell you that he will always be an alcoholic and is always one drink away from the next drunk. But he stays clean and sober with support groups.

That is what the homosexual must do: Admit to themselves that they suffer from a problem, and seek support.

Shock therapy is just insane and crazy. It is the fake news media's red herring, used to malign ALL forms of therapy, including support groups.

One of the As is for Anonymous. You have no data. Again. Do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex. You must be one that needs the support of a group. Good luck with all of that.

I will say this for sure: homosexuality is a sin,

To be fair, so is mixing wool with linen and wearing white shoes after Labor Day (I'm not 100% certain on the second one, but it should be).

I find it's better to let G-d deal with those whom we consider to be sinners and deal with our own transgressions.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
That is what the homosexual must do

In America, no one must do anything that isn't legally mandated.

If you're worried enough about the souls of others to feel you must do something ... I believe prayer and fasting on their behalf are the traditional interventions. Ideally, without their knowledge.

To be fair, so is mixing wool with linen and wearing white shoes after Labor Day (I'm not 100% certain on the second one, but it should be).

I find it's better to let G-d deal with those whom we consider to be sinners and deal with our own transgressions.
I hope none among us has eaten shellfish. Or bacon.

I hope none among us has eaten shellfish. Or bacon.

Or combinations thereof ...

Brown-Sugar-Bacon-Wrapped-Scallops-Appetizer-Recipe-Picture-1.jpg

Because most gay folks function just fine.. They just like the same sex.

A mental disorder by definition must be debilitating.

Maybe we can get homophobia, racism and misogyny classified as mental disorders. That would be progress.

You have yet to demonstrate why homosexuality is a mental disorder, other than you think it's icky.

Because most gay folks function just fine...

So do many addicts and alcoholics. So what you idiot. What does functioning fine have to do with the topic.

Don't start posting your usual stupid ignorant shit. Address the topic with something intelligent, if you can..

If anyone doubts what quackery there is in the psychology/psychiatry field of "science", consider what was the "Gold Standard" of human sexuality for decades: the Kinsey Report. This dude was a bonafide perverted freak, and sold it all in the name of "science".

I don't trust the mental sciences to get much of anything write. Neurologists, yes. "Counselors" and such, no. Mostly they're nuts and went into it to figure out WHY they're nuts--there, I said it

Yes, we all know Science scares you religious nutters. We've gotten that.

YOU think other sexual preferences and fetishes are "perverted". But that's kind of your hangup, isn't it?

So do many addicts and alcoholics. So what you idiot. What does functioning fine have to do with the topic.

Don't start posting your usual stupid ignorant shit. Address the topic with something intelligent, if you can..

I did... you just couldn't address them so you didn't even try very hard.

An addict or alcoholic can't function... that's the problem. THey just got to have their next high or their next fix.

Sexuality is just an aspect of one's personality. Period.

One of the As is for Anonymous. You have no data. Again. Do what you can not to be attracted to someone of the same sex. You must be one that needs the support of a group. Good luck with all of that.

Bullcrap I have no data. Lots of alcoholics willingly share their issue publicly. Even President Bush did. How AA world is not an anonymous secret.

The goal is not to be "not attracted". The goal is abstinence, and that is done with support and friends.

An addict or alcoholic can't function... that's the problem.

Thats a bald faced lie. Don't spread your lies here.

So are you trying to prove that you don't have a mental disorder? Hint: it's not working.

Bullcrap I have no data. Lots of alcoholics willingly share their issue publicly. Even President Bush did. How AA world is not an anonymous secret.

The goal is not to be "not attracted". The goal is abstinence, and that is done with support and friends.

Hate to break it to you.........but that isn't data.

They admit they can't collect data because...........it's anonymous. I'm sure you will achieve success in this area if you believe you have the support of your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back