Saddam got a trial, Qaddafi got a bullet

America did not invade Libya.

No, it's better to bomb them from the air and not clean up the mess.

That's much more civil.

Indeed...from today:

U.S. Predator Drone Fired on Qaddafi Convoy, Official Says

The official said the drone and French jet fired on a "large convoy" leaving Qaddafi's hometown of Sirte. A French defense official earlier said about 80 vehicles were in the convoy -- the official said the strike did not destroy the convoy but that fighters on the ground afterward intercepted the vehicle carrying Qaddafi.

What is the difference?
We started this mess, now just leave it?
That is not what leadership demands

The Libyan people rose up against Gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading Iraq and this Libyan conflict.

Your telling me the exact bombing that took out Qaddafi's defenses before the Libyan people rose up had nothing to do with starting this mess?
You allow Qaddafi to have the tools he had before we pounded it into sand, there is no up rise
Look Qaddafi was an evil man, my issue with you Libs lied about Iraq and GWB until people actually believed it, now nothing, not a peep
and with IRAQ it was all out n the open, this mess was 100% ours, we own, we caused, we supported and congress ( the representatives of the people) never had a say in it. That is not Obama's military

Are you telling me we bombed Libya before the uprising started?:confused:

So Obama knocks off another tin-horn dictator and meanwhile the Middle East is radicalizing and Iran and Syria are still thumbing their noses at us.

Let them thumb their noses at us, they have admitted that we would crush them if it came to military action.

It doesn't stop them from planning or assisting terrorist attacks in the US like the plot Obama announced last week.

the libyan people rose up against gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading iraq and this libyan conflict.

your telling me the exact bombing that took out qaddafi's defenses before the libyan people rose up had nothing to do with starting this mess?
You allow qaddafi to have the tools he had before we pounded it into sand, there is no up rise
look qaddafi was an evil man, my issue with you libs lied about iraq and gwb until people actually believed it, now nothing, not a peep
and with iraq it was all out n the open, this mess was 100% ours, we own, we caused, we supported and congress ( the representatives of the people) never had a say in it. That is not obama's military

are you telling me we bombed libya before the uprising started?:confused:

today
we killed qaddafi it looks like
read the link

your telling me the exact bombing that took out qaddafi's defenses before the libyan people rose up had nothing to do with starting this mess?
You allow qaddafi to have the tools he had before we pounded it into sand, there is no up rise
look qaddafi was an evil man, my issue with you libs lied about iraq and gwb until people actually believed it, now nothing, not a peep
and with iraq it was all out n the open, this mess was 100% ours, we own, we caused, we supported and congress ( the representatives of the people) never had a say in it. That is not obama's military

today
read the link

It appears a NATO bomb did take him out, but it looks like he may have been barely alive in the pics, I have a feeling the rebels polished him off.

So Obama knocks off another tin-horn dictator and meanwhile the Middle East is radicalizing and Iran and Syria are still thumbing their noses at us.

Let them thumb their noses at us, they have admitted that we would crush them if it came to military action.

It doesn't stop them from planning or assisting terrorist attacks in the US like the plot Obama announced last week.

Ghadafi thumbed his noses at us and screamed a 100 years of war against us.

Look where that got him.

Iraq would have been acceptable if Iraqis were rising up against Saddam.

Like back when Bush 1 promised to help them if they did and then didn't follow through.

When we invaded, Iraqis were happy enough with their dictator.

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands he murdered and put in mass graves adored his ass.
If they existed....the current population under Saddam didn't seem to care that much.

Sorry you didn't like the answer.

today
read the link

It appears a NATO bomb did take him out, but it looks like he may have been barely alive in the pics, I have a feeling the rebels polished him off.

URGENT: A U.S. Predator drone
, along with a French fighter jet, fired on a 'large convoy' — part of which is shown here — said to be carrying Muammar Qaddafi in the moments before he was caught and killed, a U.S. defense official tells Fox News

A U.S. Predator drone was involved in the airstrike on Muammar Qaddafi's convoy Thursday in the moments before his death, a U.S. defense official told Fox News.

The official said the drone, along with a French fighter jet, fired on the "large convoy" leaving Qaddafi's hometown of Sirte.

:eusa_hand:

So, lemme get this straight: A Frech Fighter Jet needed help from an American drone.

:eusa_eh:

WTF do they arm those French Fighter Jets with? Slingshots?

A U.S. Predator drone was involved in the airstrike on Muammar Qaddafi's convoy Thursday in the moments before his death, a U.S. defense official told Fox News.

The official said the drone, along with a French fighter jet, fired on the "large convoy" leaving Qaddafi's hometown of Sirte.

So, lemme get this straight: A Frech Fighter Jet needed help from an American drone.

Dildoes.

Who knows, I'm just glad it won't be thousands of American troops fighting for their lives on the streets of Tripoli trying to fix it.

What is the difference?

The Libyan people rose up against Gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading Iraq and this Libyan conflict.

Well, I’d say its no where near that simple HG, they rose up because nato, namely france and italy encouraged them too.
Remember just 3-4 months ago the rebels had their backs to Misrata, ready to take it up the bunghole. And previously this kind of factional unrest brewed up every 5 years or so……so why now?

I am just trying to square all that with the fact that there does not appear to be any outrage with the US’s abetment in arming financing and sppting an armed rebellion and consequent assassination , oh wait, street execution, of another head of state whom we had made a good faith bargain and officially forgiven upon receipt of recompense.

We had Carter and subsequent presidents totally restrict the CIA’s role for instance in fomenting insurrections, assassinations, executions etc. We were excoriated for Afghanistan, Iraq- Saddam being a very bad guy was not a reason I wanted to here for the invasion, and carried exactly zero weight among the media and anyone even slightly to the left, maybe its because we sent troops, but in the end, morally that’s just a statistic that has no bearing on the ethical issues…*shrugs*

Why Is Libya Acceptable But Not Iraq?

The Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 Over Lockerbie, Scotland

Pan Am Flight 103 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saddam paid $25k to the families of any suicide-bombers in Israel
He set hundreds of oil wells on fire causing a ecological disaster
He released millions of barrels of raw crude into the Persian Gulf
His sons regularly drove through the streets looking for new rape victims
Iraq specialized in various forms of extremely brutal torture
Saddam invaded Kuwait raping and pillaging that tiny country on a biblical scale

Compared to Saddam, Qaddafi was a sweetheart

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKrERWBg3g0&feature=player_embedded]RAW, Libya Gaddafi just seconds before the rebels kill him and put him on the truck - YouTube[/ame]

In their own words the left claims neither was a direct threat, so why is Obama pounding his chest over a mission he washed his hands of yet now he wants a victory lap, considering he saw fit to be highly critical of another(Iraq)?

I just want to hear Obama supporters opinions.

We did not march in and occupy Lybia. We did it with internal and external support, it was a real coalition, not just another USA and GB enterprise

Who knows, I'm just glad it won't be thousands of American troops fighting for their lives on the streets of Tripoli trying to fix it.

What is the difference?

The Libyan people! HAH. They could care less. It was started by Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood. We had no hand in starting this mess. If anyone had a hand in starting the mess it was the British, French and Italians.

Connections Between Al Qaeda And Libyan Rebels Run Deep

This is not going to end well at all. This is only the beginning. If obama tries to claim any credit for this at all, whatsoever, it is going to come back and rip what's left of his ass off.

In their own words the left claims neither was a direct threat, so why is Obama pounding his chest over a mission he washed his hands of yet now he wants a victory lap, considering he saw fit to be highly critical of another(Iraq)?

I just want to hear Obama supporters opinions.

We did not march in and occupy Lybia. We did it with internal and external support, it was a real coalition, not just another USA and GB enterprise
There were more involved than us and Great Britain oaf...And to boot? Congress authorized it.:eusa_whistle:

Dude you got an issue with the truth you need to take it up with the source
I got a real issue with using U.S. tax payer funded military equipment to kill people with no deceleration of war. like in IRAQ
You libs kill me, for 8 years all I have heard is Bush lied and people died, well Obama has not said a word and people are dying, and your okay with that

Pretty gruesome stuff. I don't see anything to celebrate here. Our new puppets could be even more brutal than Ghaddafi. So excuse me if i don't jump for joy.

270 people killed by the Libyan explosion of Pan Am Flight 103, which also destroyed 21 homes in Lockerbie Scotland weren't very joyful either in the aftermath of the December 21, 1988, disaster ordered by Gadhafi as he admitted in 2003. Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.

Hope that helps you live with this. This particular removal should have taken place years ago, and not allowed to go on for almost a quarter of a century.

From link:
Wreckage was strewn over 50 square miles. Twenty-one of Lockerbie's houses were completely destroyed and eleven of its residents were dead. Thus, the total death toll was 270 (the 259 aboard the plane plus the 11 on the ground).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back