Saddam got a trial, Qaddafi got a bullet

The point is that I am not sure why Obama gets a free pass on this stuff. It matters not that the brits an French also attacked.
Why did we then?
iLet me add that there was close to 50 other countries that helped us with Iraq, yet the two are treated so different

The difference is that American forces caught Saddam and had him in custody and could control what happened. If Iraqi forces had caught him, he would have died on the spot too.

That can't be... Dick Turban and John F'n Kerry (he served in Vietnam you know) told us that American troops were running around like Nazi's killing men and women in the dead of night....

i love the jerk's (oops... jrk's) fauxrage. don't you?

I shed no tears over Quadaffi.

Bet you spilled buckets over Saddam though, he was captured by a REPUBLICAN, making him the good guy - huh Jillian?

Dumb as a bag of hammers, always...

I have been waiting on the first one to attack. Saddam and the Iraqi people got what they deserved. they where not thrown to th wolves like these people have been and god knows whats next there. Egypt is not looking to good, if it was it would be on the front page of every news paper

I'm sure all the Jews will be gloating over this.

A Comprehensive History of Zionist Crimes

A Comprehensive History of Zionist Crimes

Operation Trojan (Libya frame-up), 1986

In the Eighties, when Reagan was US President, Libya was frequently selected as the 'perpetrator' of Israel and the Mossad's various deceptions and terrorist acts. Whenever a Bush was in the White House, the crimes would be blamed on Iraq and Saddam Hussein. Clinton, although something of a sleazeball, appears to have resisted some of his blackmailers' demands such as large-scale invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan. Hence, his trysts with Monica Lewinsky were publicized.

In April 1986, a bomb exploded in La Belle Discotheque in Berlin. Three were killed including two US soldiers, and over 200 injured. Ten days later, Ronald Reagan gave the order to bomb Libya. Around 37 people were killed including Colonel Gaddafi's adopted baby daughter, and over 200 wounded. This was the result of the Mossad's Operation Trojan - ....that conned some countries into believing Libya was actually behind terrorism such as the Berlin disco bombing. It is true that there was a territorial dispute between the US and Libya, following some provocative US naval manoeuvres in the Gulf of Sidra. But Libya was innocent of many of the terrorist crimes it was alleged to have committed.

Shimon Peres had given the order to launch Operation Trojan in February 1986. One of Israel's ships would broadcast misleading pre-recorded digital transmissions that could only be received by a Mossad device planted in Tripoli - the Trojan. The Trojan would retransmit a signal on a frequency known to be used for official Libyan business, ready to be received by the Americans or their allies. The source would appear to be emanating from such location as to appear genuine, and Western intelligence services would find that the Mossad also had confirmation that these series of "terrorist orders" were supposedly being broadcast to various Libyan embassies.

The difference is that American forces caught Saddam and had him in custody and could control what happened. If Iraqi forces had caught him, he would have died on the spot too.

You nailed it.

That's exactly why that situation had to have our leadership. what happens next in Libyia? We are already seeing Egypt and what a mess it has become

Who knows, I'm just glad it won't be thousands of American troops fighting for their lives on the streets of Tripoli trying to fix it.

You nailed it.

That's exactly why that situation had to have our leadership. what happens next in Libyia? We are already seeing Egypt and what a mess it has become

Who knows, I'm just glad it won't be thousands of American troops fighting for their lives on the streets of Tripoli trying to fix it.

What is the difference?
We started this mess, now just leave it?
That is not what leadership demands

Saddam Hussein was captured by Americans, tried, convicted and executed by Iraqis.

Gadaffi was captured by terrorists in Libya, surrendered, and shot. Once in the head and once in the chest.

What is the difference?

The Libyan people rose up against Gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading Iraq and this Libyan conflict.

What is the difference?

The Libyan people rose up against Gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading Iraq and this Libyan conflict.

Your telling me the exact bombing that took out Qaddafi's defenses before the Libyan people rose up had nothing to do with starting this mess?
You allow Qaddafi to have the tools he had before we pounded it into sand, there is no up rise
Look Qaddafi was an evil man, my issue with you Libs lied about Iraq and GWB until people actually believed it, now nothing, not a peep
and with IRAQ it was all out n the open, this mess was 100% ours, we own, we caused, we supported and congress ( the representatives of the people) never had a say in it. That is not Obama's military

Iraq would have been acceptable if Iraqis were rising up against Saddam.

Like back when Bush 1 promised to help them if they did and then didn't follow through.

When we invaded, Iraqis were happy enough with their dictator.

So Obama knocks off another tin-horn dictator and meanwhile the Middle East is radicalizing and Iran and Syria are still thumbing their noses at us.

Let them thumb their noses at us, they have admitted that we would crush them if it came to military action.

Iraq would have been acceptable if Iraqis were rising up against Saddam.

Like back when Bush 1 promised to help them if they did and then didn't follow through.

When we invaded, Iraqis were happy enough with their dictator.

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands he murdered and put in mass graves adored his ass.

Rightwing nuts who were for the Iraq war now opposed any action in Libya because a Democrat was president.

End of story.

Kudos to you NYC, you're the only democrat I know of on this board who isn't a hypocrite towards warmongering. You're against in in all instances from what I've seen.

Very rare to find that principle anymore.

Forum List

Back