Saddam got a trial, Qaddafi got a bullet

4dc2dd3447a21-220x165.jpg

This Libyan War was also Unconstitutional. I see many are still conveniently ignoring this. The President did not go to Congress for approval. It was an illegal intervention. The Chickenhawks can go ahead and celebrate this but im not.

Bush tried to assassinate Saddam on the first day of the war.
and Saddam's 2 sons were assassinated, if memory serves?

i personally would have preferred for gadafi to be captured and put on trial instead of the rebels killing him though!

Saddam's 2 kids were given a chance to surrender if memory serves me right, As far as what occurred the first day, Saddam had years to prevent his demise, Not sure Qaddafi did

I'm really interested in hearing what Leftist orgs like Human Rights Watch have to say about this. They have a long history of inconsistency and hypocrisy.

I'm really interested in hearing what Leftist orgs like Human Rights Watch have to say about this. They have a long history of inconsistency and hypocrisy.
i doubt they can say anything, it was a war battle that gadafi was involved in, that got him killed...as others in these battles were killed by gadafi's people.

i doubt they can say anything, it was a war battle that gadafi was involved in, that got him killed...as others in these battles were killed by gadafi's people.

Yea i hear ya but i do think NATO's bombing and killing his Grandchildren should be thoroughly investigated. I believe that was a War Crime. Human Rights Watch should take the lead on this.

Yea i hear ya but i do think NATO's bombing and killing his Grandchildren should be thoroughly investigated. I believe that was a War Crime. Human Rights Watch should take the lead on this.

Exactly who is the person or persons who you think should be prosecuted for war crimes?

When the republicans do anything with the military the left is up in arms. When the democrats do anything military they are isn't this great or look away nothing to see here.

Here is the issue. Obama took action with no involvement from congress. GWB has been drug thru the more crap about Iraq than any man ever deserved
Bush did it the right way, chicken, guts and feathers and if any-one was lying it was the UN. With this event we still do not know why Qaddafi was taken out and taken out by this administration. That war battle began when US fighter jets and drones bombed the living shit out of Qaddafi's defenses
Its not a matter of was it the right thing to do, we dont know. we were never told why this event has taken place

The point is that I am not sure why Obama gets a free pass on this stuff. It matters not that the brits an French also attacked.
Why did we then?
iLet me add that there was close to 50 other countries that helped us with Iraq, yet the two are treated so different

The difference is that American forces caught Saddam and had him in custody and could control what happened. If Iraqi forces had caught him, he would have died on the spot too.

You nailed it.

Exactly who is the person or persons who you think should be prosecuted for war crimes?

Who gave the order to bomb the living hell out of them with no involvement from the US congress. Those are not Obama's jets, missiles and drones to do with what ever he wants to do
There the american tax payers

Bush tried to assassinate Saddam on the first day of the war.
and Saddam's 2 sons were assassinated, if memory serves?

i personally would have preferred for gadafi to be captured and put on trial instead of the rebels killing him though!

Yes but it wasn't our call, the Libyans caught Gaddafi and did what they did, the only reason Saddam went on trial is because he was captured by US Forces, if Iraqis caught him he would have been killed too.

Rightwing nuts who were for the Iraq war now opposed any action in Libya because a Democrat was president.

End of story.

Leftwing nuts who were against the Iraq war now support action in Libya because a Democrat is president.

End of story.

Somebody spotted a bulge under Obama's suit coat and asked him what was causing it.

Obama pulls out this wicked looking Rambo knife and the startled questioner asked him "WTF!!! What do you need a knife like that for?"

Obama says; "Hunting".

Questioner; "What on Earth do you hunt with a knife?"

Obama; "Name it."

Last edited:
The point is that I am not sure why Obama gets a free pass on this stuff. It matters not that the brits an French also attacked.
Why did we then?
iLet me add that there was close to 50 other countries that helped us with Iraq, yet the two are treated so different

The difference is that American forces caught Saddam and had him in custody and could control what happened. If Iraqi forces had caught him, he would have died on the spot too.

You nailed it.

That's exactly why that situation had to have our leadership. what happens next in Libyia? We are already seeing Egypt and what a mess it has become

Forum List

Back