Saddam got a trial, Qaddafi got a bullet

today
we killed qaddafi it looks like
read the link

It appears a NATO bomb did take him out, but it looks like he may have been barely alive in the pics, I have a feeling the rebels polished him off.

URGENT: A U.S. Predator drone
, along with a French fighter jet, fired on a 'large convoy' — part of which is shown here — said to be carrying Muammar Qaddafi in the moments before he was caught and killed, a U.S. defense official tells Fox News

:lol:that was some munitions they were using;)...a shot to the left temple from a J-dam? don't think so....they shot him in the street man.

gaddafi-dead_2032764c.jpg

whole series of pics...here;

Libya live - Telegraph

Interesting video from the Telegraph of Qdaffi's capture. He was hurt, but ambulatory. The pictures of him dead show a great deal more perforation than is evident here.

Without his secret police and his armed guards he doesn't look so tough. His enemies were really glad to catch him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INTN3WD9osA&feature=feedu"]Somehow, I can't feel much pity for him. [/ame]

What is the difference?
We started this mess, now just leave it?
That is not what leadership demands

The Libyan people rose up against Gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading Iraq and this Libyan conflict.

The Libyan people! HAH. They could care less. It was started by Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood. We had no hand in starting this mess. If anyone had a hand in starting the mess it was the British, French and Italians.

Connections Between Al Qaeda And Libyan Rebels Run Deep

This is not going to end well at all. This is only the beginning. If obama tries to claim any credit for this at all, whatsoever, it is going to come back and rip what's left of his ass off.

So all the rebels are Al Qaeda terrorists? are you employed by the Gaddafi regime? those were Libyans that rose up against Gaddafi and killed him, get the fuck over it.

It appears a NATO bomb did take him out, but it looks like he may have been barely alive in the pics, I have a feeling the rebels polished him off.

URGENT: A U.S. Predator drone
, along with a French fighter jet, fired on a 'large convoy' — part of which is shown here — said to be carrying Muammar Qaddafi in the moments before he was caught and killed, a U.S. defense official tells Fox News

:lol:that was some munitions they were using;)...a shot to the left temple from a J-dam? don't think so....they shot him in the street man.

gaddafi-dead_2032764c.jpg

whole series of pics...here;

Libya live - Telegraph

After a drone attacked his convoy
URGENT: A U.S. Predator drone, along with a French fighter jet, fired on a 'large convoy' — part of which is shown here — said to be carrying Muammar Qaddafi in the moments before he was caught and killed, a U.S. defense official tells Fox News

What is the difference?
We started this mess, now just leave it?
That is not what leadership demands

The Libyan people rose up against Gaddafi before we did anything, so we did not "start this mess", please tell me you see the difference between us invading Iraq and this Libyan conflict.

Well, I’d say its no where near that simple HG, they rose up because nato, namely france and italy encouraged them too.
Remember just 3-4 months ago the rebels had their backs to Misrata, ready to take it up the bunghole. And previously this kind of factional unrest brewed up every 5 years or so……so why now?

I am just trying to square all that with the fact that there does not appear to be any outrage with the US’s abetment in arming financing and sppting an armed rebellion and consequent assassination , oh wait, street execution, of another head of state whom we had made a good faith bargain and officially forgiven upon receipt of recompense.

We had Carter and subsequent presidents totally restrict the CIA’s role for instance in fomenting insurrections, assassinations, executions etc. We were excoriated for Afghanistan, Iraq- Saddam being a very bad guy was not a reason I wanted to here for the invasion, and carried exactly zero weight among the media and anyone even slightly to the left, maybe its because we sent troops, but in the end, morally that’s just a statistic that has no bearing on the ethical issues…*shrugs*

Don't get me wrong I know we helped in all this but pretty much all the work on the ground has been done by Libyans and this uprising was started initially by the Libyan people, they didn't start a revolt because President Obama asked them to. I was against us getting involved in this from the start if you read my old posts but we are where we are, hopefully the Libyans will do the right thing.

The Libyan people! HAH. They could care less. It was started by Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood. We had no hand in starting this mess. If anyone had a hand in starting the mess it was the British, French and Italians.

Connections Between Al Qaeda And Libyan Rebels Run Deep

This is not going to end well at all. This is only the beginning. If obama tries to claim any credit for this at all, whatsoever, it is going to come back and rip what's left of his ass off.

So all the rebels are Al Qaeda terrorists? are you employed by the Gaddafi regime? those were Libyans that rose up against Gaddafi and killed him, get the fuck over it.

So whats your opinion on Iraq? Obama used a drone to stop this convoy that allowed Qaddafi to be killed
We declared war on Iraq with congress, I have no idea what we have done hear

Another example of American exceptionalism. We handle things in a civilized and humane way, generally speaking.

I'm not saying Gaddafi deserved more, but these people behaved like savages.

Another example of American exceptionalism. We handle things in a civilized and humane way, generally speaking.

How far outside of the law is where my issue is. We used American made, guided, flown, built, serviced, and touched by american troop equipment to win this war and to kill Qaddafi. we have not once went to congress about any of this and now today we murdered the leader of a foreign country we have not ever declared why were doing it to start with, much less declared war

this is so far out-side the boundaries of our constitution I don't know where to start

How far outside of the law is where my issue is. We used American made, guided, flown, built, serviced, and touched by american troop equipment to win this war and to kill Qaddafi. we have not once went to congress about any of this and now today we murdered the leader of a foreign country we have not ever declared why were doing it to start with, much less declared war

this is so far out-side the boundaries of our constitution I don't know where to start
Don't be so quick to judge. Don't you remember the day when an American jetliner exploded over Lockerbie Scotland, killing everybody aboard plus 11 Lockerbie residents who died as plane parts hurled to the earth?

The evidence pointed at Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, which at first he denied, and he himself confirmed it in a speech in 2003.

Moammar Gadhafi was a mass murderer of innocent civilians, 159 of whom were Americans. Here's the link, one more time, JRK.

Don't be so quick to judge. Don't you remember the day when an American jetliner exploded over Lockerbie Scotland, killing everybody aboard plus 11 Lockerbie residents who died as plane parts hurled to the earth?

The evidence pointed at Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, which at first he denied, and he himself confirmed it in a speech in 2003.

Moammar Gadhafi was a mass murderer of innocent civilians, 159 of whom were Americans. Here's the link, one more time, JRK.

When Gadaffi asked for clemency for the very man who did the Lockerbie bombing, obama was very happy to go to Scotland and ask that the bomber be released.

When Gadaffi asked for clemency for the very man who did the Lockerbie bombing, obama was very happy to go to Scotland and ask that the bomber be released.

You are making this bullshit up, which is par for the course for you.:cuckoo:

Iraq would have been acceptable if Iraqis were rising up against Saddam.

Like back when Bush 1 promised to help them if they did and then didn't follow through.

When we invaded, Iraqis were happy enough with their dictator.

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands he murdered and put in mass graves adored his ass.
If they existed....the current population under Saddam didn't seem to care that much.

Sorry you didn't like the answer.

Or never heard it.

Saddam murdered Shiites and Kurds by the thousands.

He forced thousands of conscripted Shiites into defending the birm going into Kuwait. Most of them gave up immedietly when our troops rushed in. Only his Republican Guard put up any kind of a fight.

I can see also how easy it is to control the people when you have press that slobbers all over you. Reasonable people will accept just about anything if all they hear is one side of the story.

So we are suppose to ignore our constitution? and how many innocent civilians had Saddam killed? we did that one per the constitution
Obama is not a fucking dictator bud, that military he plays god with is mine and yours and the people who represent us has had no say in this

Gaddafi Ordered Lockerbie Bombing

Jalil said that Abdelbaser Ali Mohamed Al-Megrahi was personally ordered to carry out the bombing, and that Gaddafi wanted Al-Megrahi released from prison not for humanitarian reasons, but to be sure that Al-Megrahi would not divulge Gaddafi's involvement.

Gadhafi didn't give 270 civilian human beings flying in a plane trial when he ordered a bomb be planted on their airplane. He ordered their mass murder, and he ordered a lot more American murders too.

Not only that, but he claimed his adopted daughter was killed when Reagan sent a missile to his living quarters. Christiana Amanpour just announced on television today that his alleged dead daughter was alive and well, was never killed like he lyingly claimed to take the onus off of his criminal assassination of innocent civilians.

Tipsycatlover, I didn't read that anywhere. Do you have a link to this story? I do remember the assassin getting off, then shown a few months later fully healed of his alleged cancer, which didn't please me much, considering the Scottish courts said he was dying.

Gaddafi Ordered Lockerbie Bombing

Jalil said that Abdelbaser Ali Mohamed Al-Megrahi was personally ordered to carry out the bombing, and that Gaddafi wanted Al-Megrahi released from prison not for humanitarian reasons, but to be sure that Al-Megrahi would not divulge Gaddafi's involvement.

Gadhafi didn't give 270 civilian human beings flying in a plane trial when he ordered a bomb be planted on their airplane. He ordered their mass murder, and he ordered a lot more American murders too.

Not only that, but he claimed his adopted daughter was killed when Reagan sent a missile to his living quarters. Christiana Amanpour just announced on television today that his alleged dead daughter was alive and well, was never killed like he lyingly claimed to take the onus off of his criminal assassination of innocent civilians.

My issue is with by passing the constitution. Obama has no more business using our military like he is doing than you do

You wrote"Rightwing nuts who were for the Iraq war now opposed any action in Libya because a Democrat was president."

Logical rational sane people went before Congress got approval and had consensus.. even Harry Reid's OWN words:

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."

Senator Harry Reid (Democrat, Nevada)
Addressing the US Senate
October 9, 2002
Congressional Record, p. S10145

So we are suppose to ignore our constitution? and how many innocent civilians had Saddam killed? we did that one per the constitution
Obama is not a fucking dictator bud, that military he plays god with is mine and yours and the people who represent us has had no say in this
Gadhafi's takeout of the Pan Am Flight 103 was an act of war, JRK. We had the rumor in 2003 he'd told people he ordered it, then in 2010, his minister said he ordered it. Our military acted in compliance with (1) significant evidence that indeed, Gadhafi ordered the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, which is an act of war, and it is a heinous act of war to take out a military plan against civilians, knowing full well they are a civilian and not a military power. NATO believed it also.

If Obama's generals convinced him the Libyan strongman indeed inflicted an act of war against innocent American civilians, and they showed certain documentation, he'd be within his constitutional duty to provide for the common defense against such a heinous predator.

You wrote"Rightwing nuts who were for the Iraq war now opposed any action in Libya because a Democrat was president."

Logical rational sane people went before Congress got approval and had consensus.. even Harry Reid's OWN words:

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."

Senator Harry Reid (Democrat, Nevada)
Addressing the US Senate
October 9, 2002
Congressional Record, p. S10145

Yeah many hoodwinked scared dems were for invading Iraq, but that has nothing at all to do with the statement "Rightwing nuts who were for the Iraq war now opposed any action in Libya because a Democrat was president."

Can you answer/explain that ?

The right was far more universally for the invasion of Iraq than the left was.

Forum List

Back