Russian atheist faces year in jail for denying existence of God during webchat

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014

Wow, I would have laughed in the 1980's if someone told me that one day Russia would be putting atheists in prison for saying there is no God.

But despite Putin's efforts to re-Christianize Russia, her churches are still mostly empty:

Google

Does Putin think Russia would be stronger if her people returned to the Orthodox Church?

Well, there is some reason to believe so. For example, religious people have more children, and Russia is suffering a birth dearth, and a shrinking population.

Birth dearth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Putin's thinking probably is that to return Russia to a major military power, it must have more young men to draft into service.

Wow, I would have laughed in the 1980's if someone told me that one day Russia would be putting atheists in prison for saying there is no God.

But despite Putin's efforts to re-Christianize Russia, her churches are still mostly empty:

Google

Does Putin think Russia would be stronger if her people returned to the Orthodox Church?

Well, there is some reason to believe so. For example, religious people have more children, and Russia is suffering a birth dearth, and a shrinking population.

Putin's thinking probably is that to return Russia to a major military power, it must have more young men to draft into service.
He wouldn't be the first tyrant to use religion to brainwash his people.

Google

What's the difference?

Religious dogma, Scientism? Who cares, dogma is dogma.

Google

What's the difference?

"Scientism?" Jesus fucking Christ.

Pun semi-intended.

Google

What's the difference?

"Scientism?" Jesus fucking Christ.

Pun semi-intended.
topgun.gif

Forum List

Back