Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

Sure he did. That's why he still has 12 million listeners a day. Sheesh you people are morons.

He has 12 millions listeners of a demographic no one is interested in. Which is why most of the few advertisers he has are gold bugs and panic sellers.
If I am going around my radio presets and stop on Rush for 5 minutes, am I counted as one of today's "listeners"?

Sure he did. That's why he still has 12 million listeners a day. Sheesh you people are morons.

He has 12 millions listeners of a demographic no one is interested in. Which is why most of the few advertisers he has are gold bugs and panic sellers.
If I am going around my radio presets and stop on Rush for 5 minutes, am I counted as one of today's "listeners"?

You can listen to that clown for 5 minutes? Really? My radio is on NPR most of the time (I do like Ton Sullivan) so I almost never hear the jackass.

Clearly the progressive idiots here are devoted listeners! Shit, I never listen to the asshole and I still know all about what he's doing thanks to you fools!
How could I have ever doubted you when you said you were a Democrat?

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

Despite George Soros' best efforts to silence him he's still there.
Ooh - conjuring up the image of the evil George Soros to add zing to your post. That's definitely something that Democrats do!

Yes. Democrats do. Like I said, i am a lifelong Democrat, I have never been and will never be a progressive. They are evil and leave nothing but death and destruction in their wake. Progressives embraced totalitarianism when it first reared its ugly head and they wish to return to that system. Soros is funding it. So yeah, Democrats who are for freedom and against the one percenters DO talk this way.

When I see people like you who say starving kids should be fed then do everything you can to see how much someone else can be forced to pay because you won't help, contempt is too good for you.

How's this for an idea. Let's check off all the things on our 1040's we actually WANT to pay for.

So you can check off "War against Islam" and I can check off "Feed Starving CHildren". Betcha mine gets funded before yours.

Here's a solution. Don't break the law by using illegal drugs.

Okay, so you think Limbaugh should be in prison with a large black man who will sodomize him, then? Because he took drugs he legally shouldn't have had.

You didn't Joe takes the emotional low road and makes really stupid blanket statements.

He thinks that his opinions are always right and the government must step in and there is no responsibility unless you are a Republican.

I guess the thing is, when I see people who are good with starving kids so rich people can enjoy mansions, emotional contempt is all you are worthy of.

Where are the starving kids that you speak?

The fact that the laws have changed according to your argument is proof you are wrong. Nice spin though.

We still have hundreds of thousands of people in prison for drug offenses, so, um, no. The War on Drugs has been a complete disaster no one knows how to stop.

You are changing the subject, there are not hundreds of thousands of first time offenders in prison.

As far as the war on drugs, I have been pretty clear where I stand.

Let's not change the subject.

Very rarely is your poor black kid going to face time for a first offence drug charge.
OK.

Kid gets busted. Maybe he's holding a quantity of unsold product. That gets confiscated. Person who fronted the drugs wants his money. Kid doesn't have it, kid knows his ass is in trouble. Kid gets a gun to protect himself from dealer - whether that's smart or not is debateable, but he's a scared kid. By chance he gets stopped/frisked and is carrying a gun. Now he's going to jail, when he really hasn't committed any criminal acts that would indicate that he's not reformable. He just wanted to protect himself like any other American.

How would you assess that scenario?

The OP said that Rush would be gone
Does it?

The "fall" certainly implies it now doesn't it. If you understand the English language that is.
It certainly does not. If you read the article, it was describing his loss of influence, loss of demographics, loss of advertisers, loss of top tier radio stations in major markets, loss of revenue for radio stations.

That certainly seems like a fall from his 1990s perch, doesn't it?

Does it?

The "fall" certainly implies it now doesn't it. If you understand the English language that is.
It certainly does not. If you read the article, it was describing his loss of influence, loss of demographics, loss of advertisers, loss of top tier radio stations in major markets, loss of revenue for radio stations.

I would have used the term "comeuppance" instead of fall. "Fall" implies the end of, as in the Fall of the Roman Empire. Whenever the word "fall" is used it is implicit that the person or country or company being referred to has failed and gone away. Now, if you can show me anything that says otherwise, I am happy to review it...and will certainly alter my opinion if it is so warranted...

As in
downfall-der-untergang.18728.jpg
fallofRome.jpg

You can listen to that clown for 5 minutes? Really? My radio is on NPR most of the time (I do like Ton Sullivan) so I almost never hear the jackass.

The first time I heard someone say that they enjoyed Rush for his "broadcasting talent" I thought it was just weasel words. But his lies are so absurd, they do have an entertainment value. He's especially amusing when he feigns concern for the country.

Ooh - conjuring up the image of the evil George Soros to add zing to your post. That's definitely something that Democrats do!

Yes. Democrats do. Like I said, i am a lifelong Democrat, I have never been and will never be a progressive. They are evil and leave nothing but death and destruction in their wake. Progressives embraced totalitarianism when it first reared its ugly head and they wish to return to that system. Soros is funding it. So yeah, Democrats who are for freedom and against the one percenters DO talk this way.
Then you support/voted for the Centrist Obama, and the Centrist Clinton and the Centrist Kerry?

The first time I heard someone say that they enjoyed Rush for his "broadcasting talent" I thought it was just weasel words. But his lies are so absurd, they do have an entertainment value. He's especially amusing when he feigns concern for the country.

"Broadcast talent" Really? Who the hell said that? He found a niche very early on and milked it. The same with that asshat Michael Savage, yet another asshole I can't stand to listen to. There are a few people who's voice I can simply not stand. Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, Rush, Savage, Hannity, Randi Rhodes, the mere sound of their voice elicits a nausea reflex.

Does it?

I would have used the term "comeuppance" instead of fall. "Fall" implies the end of, as in the Fall of the Roman Empire. Whenever the word "fall" is used it is implicit that the person or country or company being referred to has failed and gone away. Now, if you can show me anything that says otherwise, I am happy to review it...and will certainly alter my opinion if it is so warranted...

As in
fallofRome.jpg
I read the OP, so I already knew what they meant by 'fall'.
shrug.gif

Then you support/voted for the Centrist Obama, and the Centrist Clinton and the Centrist Kerry?

I voted for Obama the first time. Then witnessed him revert to politics as usual and refused to vote for him the second time. I voted for local candidates only in the 2nd election. Kerry is an unethical prick so no I didn't vote for him and voted Green instead. I did vote for Bill Clinton. Twice. With all of his problems, and he has a bunch, believe me, I still very much like the man. He is amoral but doesn't wish to harm the country unlike his wife. I had the pleasure of flying on Air Force One with him and still have the goodies they give you after the flight.

Does it?

As in
fallofRome.jpg
I read the OP, so I already knew what they meant by 'fall'.
shrug.gif

I follow the common usage of the English Language. It's a habit that has served me well. Too many people don't use the language correctly and then wonder why few people understand them.

When I see people like you who say starving kids should be fed then do everything you can to see how much someone else can be forced to pay because you won't help, contempt is too good for you.

How's this for an idea. Let's check off all the things on our 1040's we actually WANT to pay for.

So you can check off "War against Islam" and I can check off "Feed Starving CHildren". Betcha mine gets funded before yours.

Here's a solution. Don't break the law by using illegal drugs.

Okay, so you think Limbaugh should be in prison with a large black man who will sodomize him, then? Because he took drugs he legally shouldn't have had.

Never mind your comment is racist......

Inmates (of all colors) do have standards.....I think Rush would be safe.

Forum List

Back