Rush lashes out at Pope

This is one of those arguments where you don't really want to cheer for either side.

Pope Francis is trying to clean up the Church's reputation, by playing to the most populist base. Not the first time the Church did this, when it embraced "Liberation Theology" back in the 1970's. (Before the solidly anti-communist John Paul II put an end to that shit.) But it's the church's backward-ass views on birth control and sex that have contributed to the misery in the third world every bit as much as "unbridled capitalism" has.

Seriously, one of the things that separates a "First World" from a "Third World" country is that First World co untries, women control their own reproduction.

And sorry, until the Church does more to atone and make right all the children molested by their clergy, I just don't want to hear anything else it has to say.

That said, Limbaugh is a fat, lying, drug addicted, hypocritical piece of crap who does sex tourism in the Dominican Republic, so it's kind of hard to take much of what he says seriously, either.

You'll excuse some of us if we remain unimpressed with both Rush and the POPE, eh?

Anybody can TALK a good game.

The Roman Catholic Church is one of (if not) THE oldest rapacious corporations on earth.

It has been responsible for so many genocidal events I can't remember them all.

Last edited:
This is one of those arguments where you don't really want to cheer for either side.

Pope Francis is trying to clean up the Church's reputation, by playing to the most populist base. Not the first time the Church did this, when it embraced "Liberation Theology" back in the 1970's. (Before the solidly anti-communist John Paul II put an end to that shit.) But it's the church's backward-ass views on birth control and sex that have contributed to the misery in the third world every bit as much as "unbridled capitalism" has.

Seriously, one of the things that separates a "First World" from a "Third World" country is that First World co untries, women control their own reproduction.

And sorry, until the Church does more to atone and make right all the children molested by their clergy, I just don't want to hear anything else it has to say.

That said, Limbaugh is a fat, lying, drug addicted, hypocritical piece of crap who does sex tourism in the Dominican Republic, so it's kind of hard to take much of what he says seriously, either.

Is he trying to clean up the church's reputation or is he actually trying to take the church in a new direction he himself believes in and really doesn't care about "reputation"? One wonders. Why? Because he doesn't seem to care about "snobbish upper cruster elites". Or about what conservatives, like the US Republicans, think. Remember, these conservatives think education is for snobs. And poor people are lazy. And if you shovel enough money towards the rich, they will create jobs. All opposite of what the new Pope apparently personally believes. I tend to want to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's almost as if he is saying "church before people no more".

Have any of you rabid Rush Haters bothered to read the pope's letter and why Rush might find it disturbing?

Well - I have. Go to Pope Francis denounces economic inequality, consumerism - The Washington Post and read it for yourself.

I found the most interesting part to be where Francis says the church has become all wrapped up in itself and not its members. He is calling for the decentralization of power, returning it to the bishops instead of the Vatican. He says all members of the clergy need to get out and visit their members and see what can be done to alleviate their needs.

No, I did not read anywhere where he says the church should give up all its wealth. What I did find was a statement that the few in power, both political and economically, what bound themselves to that wealth without sharing it with the needy.

I didn't read anywhere where he condemned capitalism and called for a change in the world's political structure. He dealt with the church and how it deals with the problems of its members

As for Rush, all he did was question the pope's solution for solving the ills of the world. It was part of a civil disagreement and nothing like the hate-filled tirade Libtards are calling it.

But, that's nothing new. The Left always forgets its own rants to center on discussions started by anyone how disagrees with their tyrannical edicts.:mad:

Rush Lashes Out At The Pope Over Critique Of Inequality | Video | Media Matters for America[/url]

That Rush is a classy guy huh? Maybe he is irritated cause his drug stash is low?

For someone who has been losing high profile, and high dollar advertisement accounts, as well as listenership, as Limbaugh has, you'd think he'd not want to anger Catholics, too.

It's total bullshit that he lashed out at the Pope. Give me a break.

You lefties are the biggest drama queens.

:lol:

Rush Lashes Out At The Pope Over Critique Of Inequality | Video | Media Matters for America[/url]

That Rush is a classy guy huh? Maybe he is irritated cause his drug stash is low?

For someone who has been losing high profile, and high dollar advertisement accounts, as well as listenership, as Limbaugh has, you'd think he'd not want to anger Catholics, too.

Rush is still the #1 Talker. No one else touches him.

Have any of you rabid Rush Haters bothered to read the pope's letter and why Rush might find it disturbing?

Well - I have. Go to Pope Francis denounces economic inequality, consumerism - The Washington Post and read it for yourself.

snip/

As for Rush, all he did was question the pope's solution for solving the ills of the world. It was part of a civil disagreement and nothing like the hate-filled tirade Libtards are calling it.

But, that's nothing new. The Left always forgets its own rants to center on discussions started by anyone how disagrees with their tyrannical edicts.:mad:
Actually, as a devout worshiper of St Ronnie, the Pope's accurate critique of "trickle-down" economics is what sent your MessiahRushie into his tantrum! He even went as far as equating Obama to Reagan, as a trickle-downer to attack the Pope!!!! :cuckoo:

From your link:

Pope Francis denounces ‘trickle-down’ economic theories in critique of inequality

“Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacra*lized workings of the prevailing economic system.
“Meanwhile,the excluded are still waiting.”

From an earlier link:

November 27, 2013
RUSH: So reading what the pope's written about this is really befuddling because he's totally wrong -- I mean, dramatically, embarrassingly, puzzlingly wrong. Here's another excerpt. "Pope Francis said that trickle-down policy..." We hear about trickle-down policies? "Pope Francis said that trickle-down policies have not proven to work." Oh, but they have. It's exactly what Obama is trying to create, in fact, although he wouldn't dare call it that. When you hear Obama talking about job creation and people going to work and roads and bridges being -- what the hell is it but trickle-down? The left has defined trickle-down as the rich are compassionate and give people things. And when that doesn't happen, they say that trickle-down doesn't work. The left has bastardized terms and definitions to the point that trickle-down's become a dirty word.
Trickle-down is human nature! Trickle-down is exactly what happens when you engage in economic activity. You spend money and it trickles down to everybody you spend it with, and then it trickles down to everybody they end up interacting with economically. Trickle-down is precisely what happens. But the left has defined trickle-down as the rich are supposed to give the money that they don't need away to people.

But if he agreed with everything the Pope says, then you'd accuse him of being too afraid to voice his own opinion.

Rush is still the #1 Talker. No one else touches him.

Too bad no one other than Gold Bug Scammers wants their products advertised on his show.

Rush Lashes Out At The Pope Over Critique Of Inequality | Video | Media Matters for America

I din't know lefties cared so much for the biggest pro-lifer on the planet: the Pope.

Somehow I doubt your concern is genuine.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/w...-churchs-focus-on-gays-and-abortion.html?_r=0

Pope Says Church Is ‘Obsessed’ With Gays, Abortion and Birth Control

Forum List

Back