Rush lashes out at Pope

Rush Lashes Out At The Pope Over Critique Of Inequality | Video | Media Matters for America[/url]

That Rush is a classy guy huh? Maybe he is irritated cause his drug stash is low?

For someone who has been losing high profile, and high dollar advertisement accounts, as well as listenership, as Limbaugh has, you'd think he'd not want to anger Catholics, too.

Same oh Same oh alert! Another copied off the script post!!! :lol:

Have any of you rabid Rush Haters bothered to read the pope's letter and why Rush might find it disturbing?

Well - I have. Go to Pope Francis denounces economic inequality, consumerism - The Washington Post and read it for yourself.

snip/

As for Rush, all he did was question the pope's solution for solving the ills of the world. It was part of a civil disagreement and nothing like the hate-filled tirade Libtards are calling it.

But, that's nothing new. The Left always forgets its own rants to center on discussions started by anyone how disagrees with their tyrannical edicts.:mad:
Actually, as a devout worshiper of St Ronnie, the Pope's accurate critique of "trickle-down" economics is what sent your MessiahRushie into his tantrum! He even went as far as equating Obama to Reagan, as a trickle-downer to attack the Pope!!!! :cuckoo:

From your link:

Pope Francis denounces ‘trickle-down’ economic theories in critique of inequality

“Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacra*lized workings of the prevailing economic system.
“Meanwhile,the excluded are still waiting.”

From an earlier link:

November 27, 2013
RUSH: So reading what the pope's written about this is really befuddling because he's totally wrong -- I mean, dramatically, embarrassingly, puzzlingly wrong. Here's another excerpt. "Pope Francis said that trickle-down policy..." We hear about trickle-down policies? "Pope Francis said that trickle-down policies have not proven to work." Oh, but they have. It's exactly what Obama is trying to create, in fact, although he wouldn't dare call it that. When you hear Obama talking about job creation and people going to work and roads and bridges being -- what the hell is it but trickle-down? The left has defined trickle-down as the rich are compassionate and give people things. And when that doesn't happen, they say that trickle-down doesn't work. The left has bastardized terms and definitions to the point that trickle-down's become a dirty word.
Trickle-down is human nature! Trickle-down is exactly what happens when you engage in economic activity. You spend money and it trickles down to everybody you spend it with, and then it trickles down to everybody they end up interacting with economically. Trickle-down is precisely what happens. But the left has defined trickle-down as the rich are supposed to give the money that they don't need away to people.

Lord but I wish I'd copied the thread/link but there's a problem in the above English translation. Several have translated the part "inevitably" slightly differently in that it is only a belief that possibly this can have an impact - a belief the pope disagrees with.

The gist of his letter is that ALL of us need to follow the teachings of Christ about "helping the least among us." He was also speaking directly to some members of the church hierarchy who somehow believe themselves above the fray.

By Republican "If you criticize any part of a religion in any way, you hate that religion" standards, this means Rush Limbaugh and all of his followers must openly despise Catholicism.

So, I'll be waiting for Republicans to disavow Rush for being such a brazen anti-religious bigot.

By Republican "If you criticize any part of a religion in any way, you hate that religion" standards, this means Rush Limbaugh and all of his followers must openly despise Catholicism.

So, I'll be waiting for Republicans to disavow Rush for being such a brazen anti-religious bigot.

I think Rush likes Catholics when they are being misogynistic, like he is, but when they start talking this redistribution of wealth shit, he gets the heebie jeebies.

"Oxycotin, take me away!!!!"

I think Rush likes Catholics when they are being misogynistic, like he is, but when they start talking this redistribution of wealth shit, he gets the heebie jeebies.

Just out of curiosity, what do you know about being in so much pain that you will do almost anything to relieve it?

Not defending, just asking.

Just out of curiosity, what do you know about being in so much pain that you will do almost anything to relieve it?

Do you mean like play golf?

He played in several golf tournaments during the time he claims to be in pain. If you know anything about the golf swing, you would know he must be lying about the pain!

I've had my share of pain. I've even been prescribed the same thing Rush was taking.

I have pain in my left knee to this very day. Can't really stand on it for long periods (and one of my three jobs requires me to do exactly that.)

I don't think I would send out my maid to score me some pills, though.

Oh, and I don't fault Rush for getting addicted to painkillers. It happens to a lot of people.

What I fault him for is being a hypocrite about it, for mocking Kurt Cobain's suicide, for saying drug addicts needed to be locked up, and of course, for denouncing people for hiding behind lawyers when that's what he did.

The problem is that Rush thinks as a first world citizen and Pope like a third world one.

And this inability to overlap in frequencies is the base of the left's infatuation with the Pope's statements and Rush's frustration.

When, in reality it is neither of the perceived - the socioeconomic situation in the third world countries is
not even close to the first world's one and therefore the misunderstanding.
Pope is not even considering anything in the first world - for the person from the country which knows what poverty is - for REAL - the artificial "problems" of "inequality" in America do not exist :D

The Pope has different priorities than Rush does

They serve different masters

Opposite Masters.

Y'all lefties need to stop depending on the tax exempt Media Matters to do your thinking. Rush's comment hardly fit in the category of "lashing out". It was a reasonable and thoughtful defense of capitalism and a minor criticism of the Vatican. Bill Maher has said ten times worse things about Catholics and the Pope has been the subject of smarmy SNL's ridicule since John Belushi played a Priest. Think before you succumb to the pretend outrage generated by Media Matters and it's clones.

Oh, and I don't fault Rush for getting addicted to painkillers. It happens to a lot of people.

What I fault him for is being a hypocrite about it, for mocking Kurt Cobain's suicide, for saying drug addicts needed to be locked up, and of course, for denouncing people for hiding behind lawyers when that's what he did.

Making fun of Michael J. Fox's disease. Its classic Limbaugh.

Limbaugh is the lowest form of rw and knowing that they all bow down to him says so much about the Republican party and how low and despicable the right wing has become.

Y'all lefties need to stop depending on the tax exempt Media Matters to do your thinking. Rush's comment hardly fit in the category of "lashing out". It was a reasonable and thoughtful defense of capitalism and a minor criticism of the Vatican. Bill Maher has said ten times worse things about Catholics and the Pope has been the subject of smarmy SNL's ridicule since John Belushi played a Priest. Think before you succumb to the pretend outrage generated by Media Matters and it's clones.

What is wrong is that YOU think the two are comparable.

What is WRONG is that you apparently don't find real child predator priests offensive but even so -

It wasn't Belushi and you apparently didn't pay much attention. I dare you to watch the 5 minute university.

frsarducci.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8x8eoU3L4]Father Guido Sarducci's Five Minute University - YouTube[/ame]

Father Guido Sarducci's Official Website - Home Page

What is wrong is that YOU think the two are comparable.

What is WRONG is that you apparently don't find real child predator priests offensive but even so -

It wasn't Belushi and you apparently didn't pay much attention. I dare you to watch the 5 minute university.

frsarducci.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8x8eoU3L4]Father Guido Sarducci's Five Minute University - YouTube[/ame]

Father Guido Sarducci's Official Website - Home Page

Most rational persons naturally think that predatory homosexual pedophiles should be kept from supervising young boys. The Catholic Church was negligent for years in it's treatment of homosexual Priests. Nobody in their right mind argues that point but the radical left still thinks that overt homosexuals should supervise Boy Scouts. The point and the post is the outrage generated by Media Matters about a bland comment by Rush Limbaugh defending capitalism. Bill Maher has done ten times worse to the Catholic religion and the smarmy SNL still thinks that jokes ridiculing Nuns are as funny as a kick in the balls.

Limbaugh is the lowest form of rw and knowing that they all bow down to him says so much about the Republican party and how low and despicable the right wing has become.

What did Limbaugh say about Michael J. Fox?

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush Limbaugh On the Offensive Against Ad With Michael J. Fox

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush Limbaugh On the Offensive Against Ad With Michael J. Fox

Michael J. Fox decided to enter Politics so it seems fair that Michail J. Fox can be criticized.

Criticized as in accused of being a fake? That's what passes for criticism these days. Not his stance, what he believes - just a lie about his illness.

Y'all get what you deserve.

I read the article, it does not say limbaugh said Fox was a fake. The newspaper was offering an opinion piece, the article is an interpretation of Rush Limbaugh's criticism of Michael J. Fox. No where in the article is a quote from Limbaugh calling Fox a "fake".

It is fair to criticize people who enter politics, even if they have a disease. A disease can not protect against criticism.

I read the article, it does not say limbaugh said Fox was a fake. The newspaper was offering an opinion piece, the article is an interpretation of Rush Limbaugh's criticism of Michael J. Fox. No where in the article is a quote from Limbaugh calling Fox a "fake".

It is fair to criticize people who enter politics, even if they have a disease. A disease can not protect against criticism.

Forum List

Back