"Roots" Remake

I wonder if they'll show the 90% of white Americans who had no slaves and barely had enough to survive. And if they got sick or hurt they had better have charitable neighbors to put food on the table.

I wonder if they'll show the marking of the stars and solar system done by early Africans. And other stuff this movie isnt about.
I wonder if they'll talk about Atlantas and its connection to the inhabitants of Africa.

And about the real construction methods of the builders of the Pyramids too. Roots shouldnt even be a movie about a topic. It should be a movie about all topics
Yes, we all know Egyptians are negroes. :cuckoo:

I wonder if they'll show the 90% of white Americans who had no slaves and barely had enough to survive. And if they got sick or hurt they had better have charitable neighbors to put food on the table.

I wonder if they'll show the marking of the stars and solar system done by early Africans. And other stuff this movie isnt about.
I wonder if they'll talk about Atlantas and its connection to the inhabitants of Africa.

And about the real construction methods of the builders of the Pyramids too. Roots shouldnt even be a movie about a topic. It should be a movie about all topics

Roots should be about that too! Because Weatherman says so

Afraid to talk about who captured and sold the slaves?

Roots remake? Remake .... I've always been thinking what would have happened if when Cunta Kinte ran for escape, they would have cut off not his foot but his dick. Maybe the remake should be for this version.

How long exactly have yiu had these thighs of black dick envy?
Okay, so do you want a 300 pound pot belly ghetto cow envy instead?

The largest volume slave trader was a Jewish family in Boston. I used to have a link for it but I forgot.

Not at all, it was covered in the movie. Greedy bastards who put money before people. Why you think being a black greedy fuck is worse than a white one speaks more about you than anything.

America's Got Talent starts tonight. I will be watching that instead of this bullshit. History Channel dragged out a very big spoon on this one. No thanks.

America's Got Talent starts tonight. I will be watching that instead of this bullshit. History Channel dragged out a very big spoon on this one. No thanks.
Garbage reality nonsense over this? Paleez
Yup. Because this Roots show is nonsense. The first one was more authentic and real. This one? Bullshit.
And dumbed down reality is anything but bullshit?
You're a bit old to act like a hipster dontcha think?

Look, grumpy one....you have your opinion, I have mine. I didn't like the first episode. I won't waste time on the second. Now fuck off.

The first episode of Roots is a textbook example of third-rate movie-making. It is a boring, often utterly absurd effort to further exploit the substance of a great historical crime by attempting, quite unsuccessfully, to personalize it by assigning its essence to one fictional individual. I won't waste my time watching another episode of this junk.

I watched the first one on its original broadcast. I haven't seen it since, but I seem to recall it being quite good.

This, I suspect, will be significantly politically twisted given the current atmosphere and the fact that it is an election year. I wonder if it will mention that the Democrats were so pro-slavery that they started a war?

'Roots' Reborn: How a Slave Saga Was Remade for the Black Lives Matter Era
It's on tonight. History channel

I remember I was 1 of 3 whites in an all black school in the 70s and they played it in school and I got beat up.

Blacks say roots makes them both angry and proud. It should
It should make everyone angry. There is no human being that deserved to be treated in such horrific ways.
Some people can face history and feel pain or pity for the mistakes of the past. Some dwell in it & yet others choose to ignore it. Myself it just shows me how deprived we can be when left to our own greed.

The first episode of Roots is a textbook example of third-rate movie-making. It is a boring, often utterly absurd effort to further exploit the substance of a great historical crime by attempting, quite unsuccessfully, to personalize it by assigning its essence to one fictional individual. I won't waste my time watching another episode of this junk.

Every movie has a lead character. Stop being stupid.

Of course it makes everyone angry. But would you be as upset and angered if they did a movie about the Spanish Inquisition? How about Irish laborers sold into indentured servitude? Or prisoners beaten, starved, tortured, then dumped on an island called Australia to fend for themselves? The holocaust?

Pick yer poison, dude. It happened. And it is STILL happening the world over. Someone in your neighborhood is probably a child molester....or maybe in to girl slave trade....Boko Haram...stonings in the ME...christians in the arena for entertainment.....get my drift yet? Shit happened and shit will continue to happen. Have ANY of us learned from the past? Nope. But you go ahead and have anger at something you had no part of, nor your family were involved in, etc etc etc.

Of course it makes everyone angry. But would you be as upset and angered if they did a movie about the Spanish Inquisition? How about Irish laborers sold into indentured servitude? Or prisoners beaten, starved, tortured, then dumped on an island called Australia to fend for themselves? The holocaust?

Pick yer poison, dude. It happened. And it is STILL happening the world over. Someone in your neighborhood is probably a child molester....or maybe in to girl slave trade....Boko Haram...stonings in the ME...christians in the arena for entertainment.....get my drift yet? Shit happened and shit will continue to happen. Have ANY of us learned from the past? Nope. But you go ahead and have anger at something you had no part of, nor your family were involved in, etc etc etc.
^^^Too shallow to understand what I wrote.

Pity

Forum List

Back