Women in Hand-to-Hand Combat

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The past few years, television writers have been on a ridiculous campaign to create female characters who are super-girls who can kick any man's ass.

Last week I saw, on Blindspot, a fistfight between a 110 pound woman ("Jane Doe") and a 200-pound man that was the worst example I have ever seen of this phenomenon. Repeatedly, the man would throw a punch at her, and she brushed it off by simply flicking her wrist at him. The scene ended with the guy being thrown (off-camera, of course) bodily into a courtyard, presumably by this featherweight woman. Give me a freakin' break.

This season, I've seen petite women knock men out with a single punch, physically throw them over walls, hold them in head-locks into submission, and break their body-parts by sheer force. It is like someone is converting cartoons into television drama.

In my reality, a normal, healthy woman without a weapon has exactly ONE chance to effectively attack a man (before he kicks the shit out of her), or to slow him down so that she can run away. And that chance is to strike one quick blow to a vulnerable body part, then run like hell. Failing that, she is in for a bad experience. Which is why women should carry either mace or some other form of weapon when traveling under circumstances where there is a threat of being assaulted.

What, exactly, is the point of portraying these fictional women as effective fighters against men? God forbid women in real life come to believe that they can hope to win a physical fight against an aggressive male attacker.

A similar phenomenon goes on with fictional women "bad guys" and police commanders. Invariably the head bad guy or the head of the government agency is some pretend-bad-ass woman.

Is Shonda Rhimes calling ALL the shots these days?

The point is to train women not to be meek. Girl Power.

I have noticed this too and I have warned my girls against attempting to fight a man. They all know martial arts but understand that a man has a physical strength advantage. They know enough to maim a man and get away.

So those jujitsu moves don't work? Normal untrained women, I agree with you. Women trained to fight using their attackers strength and momentum against them? They could kick a man's ass if they had to.
Is the underlying theme here women in military combat? Or are you only discussing women without weapons?

The past few years, television writers have been on a ridiculous campaign to create female characters who are super-girls who can kick any man's ass.

Last week I saw, on Blindspot, a fistfight between a 110 pound woman ("Jane Doe") and a 200-pound man that was the worst example I have ever seen of this phenomenon. Repeatedly, the man would throw a punch at her, and she brushed it off by simply flicking her wrist at him. The scene ended with the guy being thrown (off-camera, of course) bodily into a courtyard, presumably by this featherweight woman. Give me a freakin' break.

This season, I've seen petite women knock men out with a single punch, physically throw them over walls, hold them in head-locks into submission, and break their body-parts by sheer force. It is like someone is converting cartoons into television drama.

In my reality, a normal, healthy woman without a weapon has exactly ONE chance to effectively attack a man (before he kicks the shit out of her), or to slow him down so that she can run away. And that chance is to strike one quick blow to a vulnerable body part, then run like hell. Failing that, she is in for a bad experience. Which is why women should carry either mace or some other form of weapon when traveling under circumstances where there is a threat of being assaulted.

What, exactly, is the point of portraying these fictional women as effective fighters against men? God forbid women in real life come to believe that they can hope to win a physical fight against an aggressive male attacker.

A similar phenomenon goes on with fictional women "bad guys" and police commanders. Invariably the head bad guy or the head of the government agency is some pretend-bad-ass woman.

---------------------- generally speaking men have it all over women if fighting hand to hand . Maybe its how they are raised but every girl or woman that I have ever known in my 66 years was weak in comparison to me except for a girl named Chris and she sure looked more like a boy more than she looked like a girl . Chris was known , rumored to be tough . And yeah , I do see a push by TV showing tough , combat capable women but I think it is just a push to equalize things in very young males minds that are just going to grade school and watching cartoons and action tv shows . Its just brainwashing and may work on upcoming Pajama Boys imo !!

So those jujitsu moves don't work? Normal untrained women, I agree with you. Women trained to fight using their attackers strength and momentum against them? They could kick a man's ass if they had to.
Is the underlying theme here women in military combat? Or are you only discussing women without weapons?
---------------------- MOST women that are normal , the vast majority are untrained and will always be untrained same as MOST men OldLady .

They work but as anyone that has taken martial arts knows, if you take a blow you will still get your ass knocked out even if you are a master at your craft. No matter how good you are if someone lands a lucky blow thats pretty much it.

---------------------- MOST women that are normal , the vast majority are untrained and will always be untrained same as MOST men OldLady .
------------------------- and these untrained women are the women that men meet on the street and all over society OldLady .

---------------------- generally speaking men have it all over women if fighting hand to hand . Maybe its how they are raised but every girl or woman that I have ever known in my 66 years was weak in comparison to me except for a girl named Chris and she sure looked more like a boy more than she looked like a girl . Chris was known , rumored to be tough . And yeah , I do see a push by TV showing tough , combat capable women but I think it is just a push to equalize things in very young males minds that are just going to school and watching cartoons and action tv shows . Its just brainwashing and may work on upcoming Pajama Boys imo !!

I never thought about the other side of it. Good point. Boys will grow up with more respect for women.

SIZE matters , in my few fistfights that were one on one my strategy was to just take the blows as I advanced and put the rat in a corner where he had no mobility and then just grab the rat . Course none of my few fights that i remember were matters of life and death and involved no weapons .

SIZE matters , in my few fistfights that were one on one my strategy was to just take the blows as I advanced and put the rat in a corner where he had no mobility and then just grab the rat . Course none of my few fights that i remember were matters of life and death and involved no weapons .
In a scenario where both are untrained strength and leverage is what matters. I've seen way too many big guys get beat down by someone that was smaller but stronger and faster.

---------------------- generally speaking men have it all over women if fighting hand to hand . Maybe its how they are raised but every girl or woman that I have ever known in my 66 years was weak in comparison to me except for a girl named Chris and she sure looked more like a boy more than she looked like a girl . Chris was known , rumored to be tough . And yeah , I do see a push by TV showing tough , combat capable women but I think it is just a push to equalize things in very young males minds that are just going to school and watching cartoons and action tv shows . Its just brainwashing and may work on upcoming Pajama Boys imo !!

I never thought about the other side of it. Good point. Boys will grow up with more respect for women.
---------------------------- silly reasoning Ace . Every boy that doesn't accept the brain washing will always know the truth Ace .

---------------------------- silly reasoning Ace . Every boy that doesn't accept the brain washing will always know the truth Ace .
Not really. The doubt will always be there unless they consciously deconstruct it. Most people are not that aware of their brainwashing and believe its just how they feel.

In a scenario where both are untrained strength and leverage is what matters. I've seen way too many big guys get beat down by someone that was smaller but stronger and faster.
---------------------------- girls are the exception . Course I don't fight girlsanyway . I just ignore aggressive , assertive women till they need help picking up their motorcycle because its too big and heavy for them to pickup Ace .

Not really. The doubt will always be there unless they consciously deconstruct it. Most people are not that aware of their brainwashing and believe its just how they feel.
------------------ the DOUBT :afro:bollshat Ace !!

---------------------------- girls are the exception . Course I don't fight girlsanyway . I just ignore aggressive , assertive women till they need help picking up their motorcycle because its too big and heavy for them to pickup Ace .
I didnt say anything about girls but the same still holds. if a girl is stronger and faster than you your size wont do you any good.

Invariably the head bad guy or the head of the government agency is some pretend-bad-ass woman.

------------------ the DOUBT :afro:bollshat Ace !!
Yes the doubt. You do realize your conditioning controls how you react to situations in life? Thats the reason the military has to reprogram you when you enlist.

I didnt say anything about girls but the same still holds. if a girl is stronger and faster than you your size wont do you any good.
-------------------------- and NORMALLY the girl will be smaller and weaker Ace !!

-------------------------- and NORMALLY the girl will be smaller and weaker Ace !!
True but if not your size wont matter which is what you were saying was more important right?

generally men are bigger and stronger just as a natural occurance . Well , except for mrobamas Pajama Boys Ace .

Forum List

Back