Which German speaking countries have you visited?

these ….

• Total voters
Luxembourg has its own language and culture. While virtually everyone in Luxembourg speaks German (as well as French), I don't think they would be happy being classified as a "German-speaking country." Their language and culture are significantly different.

Luxembourg has its own language and culture. While virtually everyone in Luxembourg speaks German (as well as French), I don't think they would be happy being classified as a "German-speaking country." Their language and culture are significantly different.

i know your theory

still …. for me the people just speak a German dialect and claim it is a special language

lots of German dialects could claim that

i have been there …. knowvwhatv i am spsoeaking of

Interesting that German never spread around the world like French, Spanish, Portuguese and English

Even though Germany had some African colonies too…

swiss German …. schweizerdeutsch …. could claim to be e special language with mote rights

the swiss hate the germans …. but they are fair and honest and see that their lanuage is German

but the LUX are hating the germans tooooo much to be honest

else theey would say that they just speak some Moselfränkisch dialect ….

Interesting that German never spread around the world like French, Spanish, Portuguese and English

Even though Germany had some African colonies too…

germany had colonies for a ver shortbtime

them thea were stolen by the British anf the french and the Belgians

my mother language is Alemannic

if i were like the LUX people i coulf claim that is no dialect, but a language

Btw

my Alemanic is spoken also in Liechtenstein and parts of Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, and Venezuela ….

in Germany Alemannic is spoken mostly in Südbaden

If you told a Luxembourgish man that his language was a dialect of German, you would have a fight on your hands. I know a bit of German and have heard Lux spoken extensively, and the connection between the two languages is less than that of a dialect.

If you told a Luxembourgish man that his language was a dialect of German, you would have a fight on your hands. I know a bit of German and have heard Lux spoken extensively, and the connection between the two languages is less than that of a dialect.
whatvis language
what isvdialect

is ann open questian

i agree with you to some extent.

things are changing.

Forum List

Back