"Roots" Remake

What? White people have already determined they dont like something black before they even see it?

Ya dont fucking say

Democrats are quite well-known these days.

These days? I'm talking about every action blacks have made since the start of this Nation. lol....Not "these days"
Whites like being lied to. They'd prefer revisionist history over the uncomfortable truth. They've been in denial forever.

In fact notice how much we prop up George Washington? And of course every great story needs a villain so Benedict Arnold was made the bad guy. We've been fed a story not the facts

I watched the first one on its original broadcast. I haven't seen it since, but I seem to recall it being quite good.

This, I suspect, will be significantly politically twisted given the current atmosphere and the fact that it is an election year. I wonder if it will mention that the Democrats were so pro-slavery that they started a war?

'Roots' Reborn: How a Slave Saga Was Remade for the Black Lives Matter Era
It's on tonight. History channel

I remember I was 1 of 3 whites in an all black school in the 70s and they played it in school and I got beat up.

Blacks say roots makes them both angry and proud. It should

I bet you got beat up a lot before Roots was on too

I watched the first one on its original broadcast. I haven't seen it since, but I seem to recall it being quite good.

This, I suspect, will be significantly politically twisted given the current atmosphere and the fact that it is an election year. I wonder if it will mention that the Democrats were so pro-slavery that they started a war?

'Roots' Reborn: How a Slave Saga Was Remade for the Black Lives Matter Era
It's on tonight. History channel

I remember I was 1 of 3 whites in an all black school in the 70s and they played it in school and I got beat up.

Blacks say roots makes them both angry and proud. It should

I bet you got beat up a lot before Roots was on too
I did get into lots of fights. When I moved to a soft white neighborhood where all the kids had it easy it made me alpha dog.

I saw the original and read the playboy interview with Alex Haley. Thought it was good. The remake, standing in a long line of hollywood tradition, will most likely be filled with PC nonsense and made up liberal wanking.

The way I see it, no matter what was made up, we all know it was probably worse since slaves weren't even thought of as human beings 200 years ago! People treated their barn animals better back then regardless of your lack of guilt at this country's wretched history! Like the Nazi's and Jews, Germany will never be able to paint over that stain; no matter how hard they try! Being PC is just a small way of pacifying that guilt, but it won't happen anytime soon since we're still unable to get over the simple fight for civil rights in the South! We may never get over it in our lifetime since prejudice and bigotry is passed down from such hateful people! Everyone has to feel superior to someone; even East Indians have a "caste" system calling the lower dregs, Dravidians or Untouchables! Heaven knows the most bigoted people are probably from Japan; truly believing they are some kind of "master race" that to this day can't accept mixed relationships! I have no idea why they seem to get away with it; esp. after their horrible past with the treatment of Koreans during the war? ;-/

Roots remake? Remake .... I've always been thinking what would have happened if when Cunta Kinte ran for escape, they would have cut off not his foot but his dick. Maybe the remake should be for this version.

Roots remake? Remake .... I've always been thinking what would have happened if when Cunta Kinte ran for escape, they would have cut off not his foot but his dick. Maybe the remake should be for this version.

How long exactly have yiu had these thighs of black dick envy?

Not impressed so far. Lots of Allah's in there. They seem more "modernized", and Kunte saying he wanted to go to university??? Are they in the wrong century or something?

News about #Roots on Twitter

Sure is a helluvalot of hate for whites going on in twitter tonight. But so far...after scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...I still have not seen any acknowledgement of HOW many slaves..including Kunta Kinte...were sold by their own people..to whites. Where is the anger at that? It's like what goes on today. Drivebys, gangs against other gangs, black and against black. Yes, slavery was awful. What slave owners did was awful. We all know this (well, most of us) but why the blindness of the double whammy that slaves were usually sold by their own tribe or warring tribes of blacks? For profit of some sort.

What I see is a lot of pissed off people that is one sided and refusal to admit their own part in it. Plus, blacks also owned slaves. And whites were slaves as well. Slavery has been a staple throughout history.

So my question is....what does the History Channel gain by pissing people off for more unrest?

News about #Roots on Twitter

Sure is a helluvalot of hate for whites going on in twitter tonight. But so far...after scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...I still have not seen any acknowledgement of HOW many slaves..including Kunta Kinte...were sold by their own people..to whites. Where is the anger at that? It's like what goes on today. Drivebys, gangs against other gangs, black and against black. Yes, slavery was awful. What slave owners did was awful. We all know this (well, most of us) but why the blindness of the double whammy that slaves were usually sold by their own tribe or warring tribes of blacks? For profit of some sort.

What I see is a lot of pissed off people that is one sided and refusal to admit their own part in it. Plus, blacks also owned slaves. And whites were slaves as well. Slavery has been a staple throughout history.

So my question is....what does the History Channel gain by pissing people off for more unrest?
Viewers, advertisers, and money. They have had a lot of success with their historical shows and movies. Think Vikings and The Bible. Roots was one of the most celebrated programs on television. The remake has some pretty good actors in it too. Worth at least a one time watch I think. The channel has to air something good after that awful Texas Rising series.

I watched it tonight. I doubt if I will bother with the following episodes. I liked the first Roots. This one seems....off. Not quite right according to history books. And I think it is geared to cause more strife.

Is Kunta Kinte a transgender this time around? I mean they did get all political correct, right?
No. She was a glorious lesbian Voodoun priestess warrior who got shot to death by Blackwater mercenaries in New Orleans after George Bush (who obviously hates black people because AME Spokespersons Kanye West and Reverand Wright said so), personally blew up the levees on Lake Pontchartrain to drown illiterate negros in Louisiana back in 2005.

Last edited:
I watched it tonight. I doubt if I will bother with the following episodes. I liked the first Roots. This one seems....off. Not quite right according to history books. And I think it is geared to cause more strife.
Busy all day so I haven't watched it yet. Hope it's better than that.

After thinking about it....remember the movie Coming to America with Eddie Murphy? That is what this reminded me of. They were living in adobe-like homes, riding arabian horses, had nice villages, Kunta argued with his dad that he wanted to go to Timbuktu to "go to University". I was waiting for James Earl Jones to show up in a lion mane coat collar with women spreading flower petals as he walked. Then....the black dude pissed off at Kunta's father catches Kunta and SELLS him to the white traders and poor Kunta will no longer get to University or ever ride his arabian horse again and it's all the white mans fault.

THAT is what this remake is. Oh, and don't forget the prayer rugs and lots of Allahs here and there.

Like, WTF????

Not impressed so far. Lots of Allah's in there. They seem more "modernized", and Kunte saying he wanted to go to university??? Are they in the wrong century or something?

They had Universities and higher learning institutions back then. They were just bush people as some would like you to believe.

Sure is a helluvalot of hate for whites going on in twitter tonight. But so far...after scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...I still have not seen any acknowledgement of HOW many slaves..including Kunta Kinte...were sold by their own people..to whites.

So we know who didnt watch it because that was about the 1st hour of the show Gracie

I still have not seen any acknowledgement of HOW many slaves..including Kunta Kinte...were sold by their own people..to whites.

Then....the black dude pissed off at Kunta's father catches Kunta and SELLS him to the white traders

:smiliehug: Its ok, stories about Americas past always draw ire in some form. At least you tried. The Allah thing is nice too.

I wonder if they'll show the 90% of white Americans who had no slaves and barely had enough to survive. And if they got sick or hurt they had better have charitable neighbors to put food on the table.

I wonder if they'll show the marking of the stars and solar system done by early Africans. And other stuff this movie isnt about.

I wonder if they'll show the 90% of white Americans who had no slaves and barely had enough to survive. And if they got sick or hurt they had better have charitable neighbors to put food on the table.

I wonder if they'll show the marking of the stars and solar system done by early Africans. And other stuff this movie isnt about.
I wonder if they'll talk about Atlantas and its connection to the inhabitants of Africa.

I wonder if they'll talk about Atlantas and its connection to the inhabitants of Africa.

And about the real construction methods of the builders of the Pyramids too. Roots shouldnt even be a movie about a topic. It should be a movie about all topics

Forum List

Back