"Roots" Remake

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
I watched the first one on its original broadcast. I haven't seen it since, but I seem to recall it being quite good.

This, I suspect, will be significantly politically twisted given the current atmosphere and the fact that it is an election year. I wonder if it will mention that the Democrats were so pro-slavery that they started a war?

'Roots' Reborn: How a Slave Saga Was Remade for the Black Lives Matter Era

Is Kunta Kinte a transgender this time around? I mean they did get all political correct, right?

I watched the first one on its original broadcast. I haven't seen it since, but I seem to recall it being quite good.

This, I suspect, will be significantly politically twisted given the current atmosphere and the fact that it is an election year. I wonder if it will mention that the Democrats were so pro-slavery that they started a war?

Thanks for this. I was going to record it--I thought it was the original! Which I loved. Book was good, too. Don't know if I need a remake.

What? White people have already determined they dont like something black before they even see it?

Ya dont fucking say

Will they acknowledge that the story is made up....and not a real history of the author's family?

Will they acknowledge that the story is made up....and not a real history of the author's family?
Alex Haley wrote Roots as a novel. A novel is a work of fiction--ya know, made up--but if he sold the book as "true," he did fudge that.
Bummage. As an amateur genealogist, I always thought it was very cool that Haley had actually found his African ancestor. I'm stuck on my paternal gr gr gr grandfather sometime in the late 1700's, and I don't even have the excuse of him being a slave!

Alex Haley wrote Roots as a novel. A novel is a work of fiction--ya know, made up--but if he sold the book as "true," he did fudge that.
Bummage. As an amateur genealogist, I always thought it was very cool that Haley had actually found his African ancestor. I'm stuck on my paternal gr gr gr grandfather sometime in the late 1700's, and I don't even have the excuse of him being a slave!

It was also plagiarized.

5 famous plagiarism and fraud scandals in the book world

Hope old Kizzy still spits in the lemonade. I think it was Kizzy....

It was also plagiarized.

5 famous plagiarism and fraud scandals in the book world
Yes. That was in the OP's link. It was still a good book and a good mini series.

I didn't watch it the first time I don't see myself watching it now.

I do remember it was first on when I was in grade school and the teachers sent notes home asking parents to let their kids stay up to watch it and write essays for extra credit.

I didn't watch it. I was one of those kids who went to bed early and got up at dawn ( I still do) there was no way I could have stayed up to watch

I do remember it was first on when I was in grade school and the teachers sent notes home asking parents to let their kids stay up to watch it and write essays for extra credit.

I didn't watch it. I was one of those kids who went to bed early and got up at dawn ( I still do) there was no way I could have stayed up to watch
I don't think most grade school kids would be very interested in a generational saga. Us grown ups talked about it at the water cooler like we talked about Dallas.

It's on tonight. History channel

I remember I was 1 of 3 whites in an all black school in the 70s and they played it in school and I got beat up.

Blacks say roots makes them both angry and proud. It should

I don't think most grade school kids would be very interested in a generational saga. Us grown ups talked about it at the water cooler like we talked about Dallas.
I went to an all black middle school and they cared there.

The fact whites aren't interested in being reminded is telling.

Reminds me of how we sugercoat our history with Indians.

I saw the original and read the playboy interview with Alex Haley. Thought it was good. The remake, standing in a long line of hollywood tradition, will most likely be filled with PC nonsense and made up liberal wanking.

Forum List

Back