Ronald Reagan’s Long-Hidden Racist Conversation With Richard Nixon

It's funny how quick some people are to tell you that a particular white public figure is not racist. I remember several here trying to argue with me about how I see racism in everything because I said Trump was a racist. Now that Trump has shown his racism, people who have denied this have egg splattered all over their faces. We still see many here who try denying Trumps racism.

The same thing was done for Reagan, but you see, the truth always wins. And we should feel for Ol Ronnie because he's now in a situation where he faces the ultimate consequences for his actions. There is no spokesman to try explaining away his racism so people can tell those like me how I am just making it up.

In newly unearthed audio, the then–California governor disparaged African delegates to the United Nations.
Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.

Ronald Reagan's Long-Hidden Racist Conversation With Richard Nixon
It sounded more accurate than racist-same as Trump's tweets. Without the N word, you have no case for racism-unless you want to talk about black racism-they still say honky don't they? Or is that just George Jefferson?
He called the delegates from African countries (black guys) monkeys and suggested that they have never worn shoes.

Now, one could choose to believe that his comment was not necessarily that of racial bigotry. (I wouldn't)

But it certainly was at least some form of bigotry. It was elitist as hell.

I suppose this all comes down to whether there was a general consensus that calling a black guy a "monkey" would be considered a racial slur in 1971.

Somebody do some research and let's find out. :laugh:

It's funny how quick some people are to tell you that a particular white public figure is not racist. I remember several here trying to argue with me about how I see racism in everything because I said Trump was a racist. Now that Trump has shown his racism, people who have denied this have egg splattered all over their faces. We still see many here who try denying Trumps racism.

The same thing was done for Reagan, but you see, the truth always wins. And we should feel for Ol Ronnie because he's now in a situation where he faces the ultimate consequences for his actions. There is no spokesman to try explaining away his racism so people can tell those like me how I am just making it up.

In newly unearthed audio, the then–California governor disparaged African delegates to the United Nations.
Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.

It sounded more accurate than racist-same as Trump's tweets. Without the N word, you have no case for racism-unless you want to talk about black racism-they still say honky don't they? Or is that just George Jefferson?
He called the delegates from African countries (black guys) monkeys and suggested that they have never worn shoes.

Now, one could choose to believe that his comment was not necessarily that of racial bigotry. (I wouldn't)

I suppose this all comes down to whether there was a general consensus that calling a black guy a "monkey" would be considered a racial slur in 1971.

That's always been a racial slur.

Reagan was always a racist. He launched his campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, for fuck sakes.

For you Trumpers, you'll have to google that town to get a clue.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

AMnesty always pissed me off to no end ...

40 friggin years later same ol same ol

Im2 you should be pissed at whitey ...Progressive nazi whitey he/she/it/shit is replacing ya
Personally I witnessed a Blatant act of corporate racism today ...IT was disheartening
00021000602704-HWxNryyVTfttIg-0_s500.jpg

I had to spend an extra twenty minutes in the cry closet
I was so hurt Hurt by this extremely offensive , racist,divisive hate inspiring label that clearly supports trump hitlers calls for white supremacy

Processed dairy product CHEESE on top meat ? Also clearly anti Semitic
Deluxe white supremacy in a stay fresh package ...........Adolf Hitler could only dream

You go ahead and be mad at cheese. I'll stick to laws and policies.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

I know. :laughing0301:

I was trying to make him prove it was not, so he could see for himself.

You fucked up my plan!!! Dammit!

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

I know. :laughing0301:

I was trying to make him prove it was not, so he could see for himself.

You fucked up my plan!!! Dammit!

My bad.:04:

Reagan was always a racist. He launched his campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, for fuck sakes.

That dude launched his campaign from the scene of Mississippi Burning?

:laughing0301:

The GOP is truly a clueless, dog-shit party.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

I lived then, believe me it was mild if anything.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

To you, but then you think hello from a white is racist.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

I did too and it was not. You would have called me a monkey in 1971, you had an ass whippin coming. If you would have called any black person I knew that in 1971, you had an ass whippin coming. If you had been a child and said that to a grown black person, your parents had ass whippins coming. Whites don't determine what we consider a serious slur.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

To you, but then you think hello from a white is racist.
Wrong. And 40 million blacks would tell you the same thing.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

I did too and it was not. You would have called me a monkey in 1971, you had an ass whippin coming. If you would have called any black person I knew that in 1971, you had an ass whippin coming. If you had been a child and said that to a grown black person, your parents had ass whippins coming. Whites don't determine what we consider a serious slur.

You seem very "uppity" to quote your 'civil rights hero' LBJ

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

It was well before the monolithic doctrine of Political Correctness set in and we were allowed to laugh.

Racism has never been correct. I was a kid then and err white boy calling me a monkey got a gift from the tooth fairy.
so you were violent when someone called you a name......???!!!!
I can't believe it!! a black that is violent.....???!!!

yes we know--only whites can be racist because blacks are somehow inhuman

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

I don't know where the hell you're from. Maybe you're just not exposed to bullshit like the rest of us, but are you sitting here telling us that the racial slur "porch money" was first use in the movie Clerks, rather than dating all the way back to AT LEAST the time when homes had no air conditioning and fans were expensive?

For the love of hyena butter milk.

And people were jumping my ass because I argued that the way Trump used "go back to where you came from" was not necessarily "racist."

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

Learn the definition of racism

Forum List

Back