Ronald Reagan’s Long-Hidden Racist Conversation With Richard Nixon

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
It's funny how quick some people are to tell you that a particular white public figure is not racist. I remember several here trying to argue with me about how I see racism in everything because I said Trump was a racist. Now that Trump has shown his racism, people who have denied this have egg splattered all over their faces. We still see many here who try denying Trumps racism.

The same thing was done for Reagan, but you see, the truth always wins. And we should feel for Ol Ronnie because he's now in a situation where he faces the ultimate consequences for his actions. There is no spokesman to try explaining away his racism so people can tell those like me how I am just making it up.

In newly unearthed audio, the then–California governor disparaged African delegates to the United Nations.
Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.

Ronald Reagan's Long-Hidden Racist Conversation With Richard Nixon

It's funny how quick some people are to tell you that a particular white public figure is not racist. I remember several here trying to argue with me about how I see racism in everything because I said Trump was a racist. Now that Trump has shown his racism, people who have denied this have egg splattered all over their faces. We still see many here who try denying Trumps racism.

The same thing was done for Reagan, but you see, the truth always wins. And we should feel for Ol Ronnie because he's now in a situation where he faces the ultimate consequences for his actions. There is no spokesman to try explaining away his racism so people can tell those like me how I am just making it up.

In newly unearthed audio, the then–California governor disparaged African delegates to the United Nations.
Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

The day after the United Nations voted to recognize the People’s Republic of China, then–California Governor Ronald Reagan phoned President Richard Nixon at the White House and vented his frustration at the delegates who had sided against the United States. “Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “Yeah,” Nixon interjected. Reagan forged ahead with his complaint: “To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!” Nixon gave a huge laugh.

It was well before the monolithic doctrine of Political Correctness set in and we were allowed to laugh.

Wasn't Reagan mentally ill most of his presidency? Not a good look when you look back on it.

Anyone really paying attention knows Reagan was really a spend-thrift racist con man. He was no "conservative.". That's for sure.

He was a racist motherfucker who had no problem shitting the rights of black Americans, particularly the Black Panthers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hi...-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

bGRyR5t.jpg

Were I alive at the time, I would have grabbed my rifle and stood with them in support of their right. They were the original gun-rights advocates in America, fighting what has become the current push to rid us of our rights to self defense.

Honestly, I think Reagan's racist gun grab as governor of California pisses me off more than it pisses off black people.
:laugh:

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

It was well before the monolithic doctrine of Political Correctness set in and we were allowed to laugh.

Racism has never been correct. I was a kid then and err white boy calling me a monkey got a gift from the tooth fairy.

Anyone really paying attention knows Reagan was really a spend-thrift racist con man. He was no "conservative.". That's for sure.

He was a racist motherfucker who had no problem shitting the rights of black Americans, particularly the Black Panthers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hi...-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

bGRyR5t.jpg

Were I alive at the time, I would have grabbed my rifle and stood with them in support of their right. They were the original gun-rights advocates in America, fighting what has become the current push to rid us of our rights to self defense.

Honestly, I think Reagan's racist gun grab as governor of California pisses me off more than it pisses off black people.
:laugh:

Probably not, but apparently it pissed you off severely and rightfully so.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

Political Correctness is a different issue. PC is a propaganda tactic used to take benign terms that are in common use, demonize them, then remove and replace them with others to control speech and frame narratives.

Calling a black guy a "monkey" has NEVER been a benign term (although it may have been in common use, at least by Reagan). Insulting them by talking about their unsophisticated nature being so backwards that the mere concept of wearing shoes is foreign, makes it pretty damn clear that Reagan meant that as a racist insult.

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

AMnesty always pissed me off to no end ...

40 friggin years later same ol same ol

Im2 you should be pissed at whitey ...Progressive nazi whitey he/she/it/shit is replacing ya
Personally I witnessed a Blatant act of corporate racism today ...IT was disheartening
00021000602704-HWxNryyVTfttIg-0_s500.jpg

I had to spend an extra twenty minutes in the cry closet
I was so hurt Hurt by this extremely offensive , racist,divisive hate inspiring label that clearly supports trump hitlers calls for white supremacy

Processed dairy product CHEESE on top meat ? Also clearly anti Semitic
Deluxe white supremacy in a stay fresh package ...........Adolf Hitler could only dream

Last edited:
Insulting them by talking about their unsophisticated nature being so backwards that the mere concept of wearing shoes is foreign, makes it pretty damn clear that Reagan meant that as a racist insult.

Even if it's true? Certainly it was so in the 1970s in Africa and even today in some places.
Is it your position that Reagan was referring African bushmen who had just donned "civilized" clothing for the first time?

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

It's a non issue.

Reagan did say that he used to be a democrat

Insulting them by talking about their unsophisticated nature being so backwards that the mere concept of wearing shoes is foreign, makes it pretty damn clear that Reagan meant that as a racist insult.

Even if it's true? Certainly it was so in the 1970s in Africa and even today in some places.
Is it your position that Reagan was referring African bushmen who had just donned "civilized" clothing for the first time?
Did you miss something? Yes, I thought that would be clear:

Well.......i have alzheimers but.................well
-Ronald Reagan

Also I don't recall.

Last edited:

Jul 30, 2019
Tim Naftali

It sounded more accurate than racist-same as Trump's tweets. Without the N word, you have no case for racism-unless you want to talk about black racism-they still say honky don't they? Or is that just George Jefferson?

Did you miss something? Yes, I thought that would be clear:

Wait, so you actually believe it is true that the African delegates were a bunch of unsophisticated bushmen who had never worn shoes?

You really believe that?

Forum List

Back