Ron Paul On National ID...

Another reason why I have no use for Dr. Paul or Libertarians in general. Some form of tamper-proof identification IS necessary if we're going to fix the problems in this country. They cannot be dealt with if that is not a part of the solution. Obviously Dr. Paul and company are more interested in protecting illegal aliens and other criminals than they are the sovereignty of this nation.

Another reason why I have no use for Dr. Paul or Libertarians in general. Some form of tamper-proof identification IS necessary if we're going to fix the problems in this country.n.

Another reason why I have no use for Karl Marx or his disciples. What fucking "problems" will be fixed with the national ID?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A national ID makes sense for the country.

Developing a biometric ID that can't be faked will reduce ID theft and illegal immigration. It would also allow you to carry one card with you that would serve as Drivers License, Credit Card, SS Card,Medical ID. Bank Card and any other card you now carry

You already carry an ID card....why not an effective one?

Yeah, because nobody will ever figure out how to hack those, right? :rolleyes:

I like the photo id to vote, I think that's a basic thing to ask for... I don't like the idea of a card like is in the OP. I see no reason for it as the only problem it claims to fix it would have ZERO affect on being most people being hired are illegal on purpose.

Employers would have no excuse for hiring illegals and there would be no identity theft

Your card could also be used to track your medical records, banking, credit and social security info

You keep saying this, but where is your proof that they can't be faked? We are always coming up with better technology and someone else is always coming up with a way to hack it. How long do you think it will be before someone finds a way to crack these too?

The Real ID was an overreaction to 9-11, just like the Patriot Act and the sexually predatory TSA.

When you force people to carry papers that are not needed for any security reason then you force democracy out of our lives.

That is exactly why the republicans are creating ID laws for voting.

They serve no security purpose and keep legal Americans from voting

I'm sorry to be blunt, but I'm tired of the left mis-characterizing and lying, or just that uninformed, about the Arizona immigration law.

All it would have required is a state issued ID, something that police officers can ask for. There isn't any 'papers', making childish Nazi connections because there really isn't anything of substance behind your argument.

To you we have no right to enforce our border, and those who believe we should are racists. That is because you lack critical thinking.

When you force people to carry papers that are not needed for any security reason then you force democracy out of our lives.

Hell has definitely frozen over. TM is right twice in the same week.

That is exactly why the republicans are creating ID laws for voting.

They serve no security purpose and keep legal Americans from voting

I knew it was too good to be true.

If Obama proposes a National ID will it be a good thing?

Developing a biometric ID that can't be faked will reduce ID theft and illegal immigration. It would also allow you to carry one card with you that would serve as Drivers License, Credit Card, SS Card,Medical ID. Bank Card and any other card you now carry

Can't be faked?

There is no technology that will ever exist that cannot be counterfeited.

If they can be created they can be manipulated

True, but manipulated by less and less people. And the ones that can do it still have a harder and harder time in doing it.

Take concert tickets! Not to long ago all you had to do is have a good printer. Many people could fake them. Then they added holograms. Less people could make fakes. Now each ticket gets scanned before you can get in. Now tickets are nearly impossible to replicate!

Can't be faked?

Sporting events and concert tickets, with the electronic scan in are pretty much close to impossible!

I'm sorry to be blunt, but I'm tired of the left mis-characterizing and lying, or just that uninformed, about the Arizona immigration law.

All it would have required is a state issued ID, something that police officers can ask for. There isn't any 'papers', making childish Nazi connections because there really isn't anything of substance behind your argument.

To you we have no right to enforce our border, and those who believe we should are racists. That is because you lack critical thinking.

I’m sorry, but you’re the uninformed one – what would occasion an agent of the state to ask for ID with no probable cause or even the context of reasonable suspicion – looking ‘illegal’? And what does ‘illegal’ look like?

Another reason why I have no use for Dr. Paul or Libertarians in general. Some form of tamper-proof identification IS necessary if we're going to fix the problems in this country. They cannot be dealt with if that is not a part of the solution. Obviously Dr. Paul and company are more interested in protecting illegal aliens and other criminals than they are the sovereignty of this nation.

There is no such thing as tamper proof, therefore there is no need for a tamper proof ID. Just imagine the headaches once your tamper proof ID is stolen and used by someone to commit a criminal act. The government is already quite willing to raid your home based on the fact someone who might have lived there almost tow years ago might have done something illegal, this would just give them more cause to do so.

I like the photo id to vote, I think that's a basic thing to ask for... I don't like the idea of a card like is in the OP. I see no reason for it as the only problem it claims to fix it would have ZERO affect on being most people being hired are illegal on purpose.

Employers would have no excuse for hiring illegals and there would be no identity theft

Your card could also be used to track your medical records, banking, credit and social security info

You keep saying this, but where is your proof that they can't be faked? We are always coming up with better technology and someone else is always coming up with a way to hack it. How long do you think it will be before someone finds a way to crack these too?

The Real ID was an overreaction to 9-11, just like the Patriot Act and the sexually predatory TSA.

They will not be faked because the government says they cannot be faked. Just like it is impossible to counterfeit currency, or hack into any government database.

If they can be created they can be manipulated

True, but manipulated by less and less people. And the ones that can do it still have a harder and harder time in doing it.

Take concert tickets! Not to long ago all you had to do is have a good printer. Many people could fake them. Then they added holograms. Less people could make fakes. Now each ticket gets scanned before you can get in. Now tickets are nearly impossible to replicate!

Printers that can print holograms get less expensive every day, which means that they are getting easier to fake again. Any attempt to make everything dependent on a single technology will incentive the attempts to hack it. Concert tickets adapt faster because private enterprise depends on those tickets to make money, and they barely keep up. There is no way a government could keep up with the people willing to break the system to make money.

Can't be faked?

Sporting events and concert tickets, with the electronic scan in are pretty much close to impossible!

Are they? Do you think it is remotely possible that some people are actually making fake tickets that can get past the scanners and that ticket sellers are covering it up?

Forum List

Back