Ron Paul On National ID...

papers please

It is not the card but the request for the card that is authoritarian. Nobody routinely asks for ID as you walk down the street now...the courts don't allow it. Why would they require random checks after people have an ID that can't be faked

You have to present ID now when you apply for a job, drive a car, get a drink

Nothing would change except they can be sure its your ID

I like the photo id to vote, I think that's a basic thing to ask for... I don't like the idea of a card like is in the OP. I see no reason for it as the only problem it claims to fix it would have ZERO affect on being most people being hired are illegal on purpose.

I like the photo id to vote, I think that's a basic thing to ask for... I don't like the idea of a card like is in the OP. I see no reason for it as the only problem it claims to fix it would have ZERO affect on being most people being hired are illegal on purpose.

Employers would have no excuse for hiring illegals and there would be no identity theft

Your card could also be used to track your medical records, banking, credit and social security info

Although requiring the ID cards may not be inherently un-Constitutional, the context of their use may be, making their issuance pointless. Under what circumstance might an agent of the state demand to see your card if no other evidence of wrong-doing exists. Such documents may expose Americans to numerous 4th Amendment violations.

For example:

I see nothing wrong with a National ID card. I think every verified American citizen should have one. If you don't have one, it means you are not a citizen. If you are not a citizen and you are here illegally then you should have your ass, and the rest of you, tossed out of the country and invited not to come back.

Lack of a card is not proof of guilt – everyone, including those here allegedly illegally, are entitled to due process rights.

I like the photo id to vote, I think that's a basic thing to ask for...

One is allowed to vote without a photo ID using a provisional ballot.

When you force people to carry papers that are not needed for any security reason then you force democracy out of our lives.

That is exactly why the republicans are creating ID laws for voting.

They serve no security purpose and keep legal Americans from voting

You would not consider voting a security issue?

Well, hell, why don't we just invite all of Mexico into the country on November 6, 2012 and let them help us decide who will be the next President of the United States? While you are at it, how about all known Al Queda operatives throughout the world and anyone in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan. Lord knows that they all have a stake in who governs this country next.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The republicans do it to keep poor people from voting

With a National ID you could plug in into your computer and vote from home. it would make it easier for people to vote

And who would be running the machines?

electronic voting is insecure and VERY tamperable

Your end would be secure. You insert your card and punch in your code or biometric. Once you vote, you hit send and your encrypted vote is sent to a centralized data base

Not much different than electronic banking

With a National ID you could plug in into your computer and vote from home. it would make it easier for people to vote

And who would be running the machines?

electronic voting is insecure and VERY tamperable

Your end would be secure. You insert your card and punch in your code or biometric. Once you vote, you hit send and your encrypted vote is sent to a centralized data base

Not much different than electronic banking

But how the votes are counted is the question and the issue. Without a paper trail votes are meaningless. I can vote for the candidate of my choice but as long as the government doesn't tell me that this candidate received zero votes, I can't be certain how many votes she actually received.

Immie

Well, hell, why don't we just invite all of Mexico into the country on November 6, 2012 and let them help us decide who will be the next President of the United States? While you are at it, how about all known Al Queda operatives throughout the world and anyone in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan. Lord knows that they all have a stake in who governs this country next.

Yo Vernon.

Are you aware that prior to 1965 we had open borders with Mexico and Canada? Was there ever a problem ?!?!?!?!?!?!

What happens when someone steals you national ID number?

What happens when someone steals your credit card number?...
Oh yeh that's right,there are absolutely NO safeguards or means of addressing that issue...
How about we protect this country a little better?

This is a great idea whose time has come. :clap2:

Yo Vernon.

Are you aware that prior to 1965 we had open borders with Mexico and Canada? Was there ever a problem ?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is not the problem nor is it the issue.

She seems to believe that voting is not a security issue which leads me to believe she supports the idea of letting just anyone vote. Open borders with Mexico and Canada is not the same as allowing them to vote in our elections.

Edit: In reading my post, perhaps it is the way I worded that sentence about letting them in to the country? A better wording would have been:

Well, hell, why don't we just invite all of Mexico into the country on November 6, 2012 to let them help us decide who will be the next President of the United States?

Immie

Last edited:
A national id card is inevitable. It will not be a single card that says national id. It will be your driver's licence, your state id card, your passport, your green card, welfare benefit card, or any of a number of other identification cards. Each will be in affect, a national id card, because it will be tied into a distributed database of information about the holder. It will meet all requirements for a national id. Since it doesn't say national id, no one will care. Someday, you will probably be able to carry one card and it will replace thousands of different cards, credit cards, library cards, debt cards, s.s cards, etc...
A Brave New World???

Employers would have no excuse for hiring illegals and there would be no identity theft

Your card could also be used to track your medical records, banking, credit and social security info

Ok, yeah no way.

BTW, when an employer hires an illegal they usually know it and are doing it for a reason... or do you mean to make the argument that there is even 1% of all illegal’s being hired unknowingly? More or less, the card would be a big failure as there is no benefit.

Ok, yeah no way.

BTW, when an employer hires an illegal they usually know it and are doing it for a reason... or do you mean to make the argument that there is even 1% of all illegal’s being hired unknowingly? More or less, the card would be a big failure as there is no benefit.

It's already being done...except with dozens of cards

With a no fake ID, employers have no excuse and are subject to prosecution

Ok, yeah no way.

It's already being done...except with dozens of cards

With a no fake ID, employers have no excuse and are subject to prosecution

Obama would NEVER prosecute.

Only an idiot would really think they are doing this to stop illegal immigration especially since they are trying to stop the states from sending illegals back. They pass this crap I would all faith in my country and would become an outlaw when this crap goes into effect along with the rest of my family.I would rather die a free man fighting the zog's thugs than be a slave to the system.

Forum List

Back