Ron Paul Cant Win

Clayton, anyone with common horse sense can understand why people convicted of violent crimes and people who are mentally competent should not be able to legally purchase a gun...but leave it to Ron Paul supporters to not understand why that is a reasonable restriction....I am an avid gun owner, but I also willingly went through a background check to do so.

No one says a person cannot defend their life, just that they can't do it with gun in hand...

So if the attacker has a gun the victim is shit out of luck?

those that are mentally incompentent cannot rationalize well enough to own a gun..as we saw at Virginia tech....

The problem in Va Tech was that the administrators refused to let the students defend their lives.

Hmmm. I thought the problem at Va. Tech was that some whackjob went there and shot people.

SO PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

]

I've started threads specifying why I rspect RP supporters and how much I like his honesty - so this isn't coming from an "RP Hater" as many of his fans label anyone not agreeing with them.
To paraphrase a nobel prize winner "A Democracy will never tolerate an honest politician."
He's completely unelectable.
1. First you lose the gays, lesbians and everyone who supports them. Well okay, not a huge percentage.
2. Minorities? You lose ALL of them. It doesn't matter whether Paul is right or wrong, the soundbites will go like this: (images of blacks / latinos being hanged, whipped, oppressed whatever) "Ron Paul. It's his mission to END your civil rights!"
3. Women? Next soundbite "Ron Paul wants you back in the kitchen because he hates women! He even said if he had it his way, you would lose equal pay and promotions and bring back the glass ceilings!"
4. Military? Do I even need to describe what the soundbites would be like?
5. Democrats & Most Independents and ALL Liberals.
It doesn't matter if he's right on these issues. We all know 90% of American voters have a 30 second attention span.
So as long as he doesn't need gays, lesbians, Blacks, Latinos, Women, Military & their supporters, Dems, Independents, Moderates and Liberals... he fine. Which means he's screwed.
He can't win.

But I respect those who vote for him anyway. It takes a lot to send a message to Washington.

Now of course, when I posted this, the whackjobs went off on their tirades and started arguing about why their savior is right on every issue. I never said he was right or wrong but rather just discussed perception - which is what wins and loses elections.

They will have tons of ammo besides what I mentioned above. In addition to losing gays, women, Latinos, Blacks, Moderates, Liberals and Reagan Democrats for the above, the following will just get him slaughtered.
Now for the totally daft whackjobs who go bezerk any time someone doesn't sing praises of RP, Although I disagree with many of his positions, I'm not saying it's because he's wrong on any of this, that he'll lose. It's simply a matter of seeling it to the American public. They ain't gonna buy.

Ron Paul:
* Paper money in unconstitutional; only gold is legal tender. (Sep 2010) THis will simply freak a lot of people out.
* Voted NO on modifying bankruptcy rules to avoid mortgage foreclosures. (Mar 2009) There went all those people going through foreclosures.
* Voted NO on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008) There went the auto workers, steel workers, rubber, glass and all service industries.
* Civil Rights Act was more about property than race relations. (Dec 2007) Doesn't matter if he's right, the minorities will FLIP.
* Gender-equal pay violates idea of voluntary contract. (Dec 1987) Ah well, who needs women voters anyway?
* Voted NO on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006) Lots of heavy right-wing Christians ain't gonna like that...
* Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999) So no gays either.
* Voted NO on more funding for nanotechnology R&D and commercialization. (Jul 2009) WTF? Only the technology that will imact the world more than the car and the internet combined... Lots of votes from the science community.
* Constitution even protects terrorists, not just citizens. (Apr 2011) Oops. Lots of Conservatives gonna hate that...
* Opposes death penalty at state and federal level. (Jan 2008) Perry got applause for the opposite.
* Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007) WTF??? Teach creationism in schools? Oh THAT's gonna go over big!
* Tax-credited programs for Christian schooling. (Sep 2007) Nothing like using fed funds to teach religion!
* Voted YES on barring EPA from regulating greenhouse gases. (Apr 2011) Well, there aren't that many people who believe in Global Warming anyway...
* Voted NO on tax incentives for renewable energy. (Feb 2008)
* Scored 14% on Humane Society Scorecard on animal protection. (Jan 2007) Well who likes animals anyway?
* Voted NO on establishing nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids. (Apr 2003) Well as long as parents aren't voting, this should be fine...
* We're endangered as a result of our foreign policy. Brought 9/11 on ourselves (Apr 2011) Oh THAT will be big with the military, vets and anyone disagreeing.
* Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007) Just another Biz as usual politician...

Lest one of the whackjobs accuse me of making all this up or whatever: Ron Paul on the Issues

So it's not that he's right or wrong on the issues. It's that, for all their belief that only they know what's best for the country (like every other group), most of the country is going to see thirty second soundbites about the best, juiciest, most easily distorted stuff above and vote for Obama. The GOP knows this and will never let him get the nomination. That simple.

The GOP knows this and will never let him get the nomination. That simple.

You Ron Paul nuts have got to get over the fact that he will never be the Republican nominee let alone win the general election BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WANT HIM TO BE PRESIDENT.

I really don't care what kind of nut you are.

LOL! Really? So you realize you're wrong and the best you have is a petty insult? Well, there are a lot of people who that don't have much more than that to offer so why would I be surprised?

Okay, your bus is here. All you Ron Paul supporters climb aboard.

SHORTBUS.jpg

I really don't care what kind of nut you are.

LOL! Really? So you realize you're wrong

NO, I really don't care what kind of nut you are. Read it again carefully. If you need, ask an adult to help you.

You're funny. I mean, not that you have anything of value to contribute and obviously you can't admit when you're wrong. But at least when you fade to petty insults, you do it with a bit of panache. Cheers.

Okay so you seem pretty reasonable. Which is the difference between you and the extreme whackjob RP supporters like Liberty and WaterThe Tree. But if you're saying that the best way to debate a disagreement over what is perceived as Isolationism (for example), is to call someone a dumb@ss lying f*cking b1tch, then maybe I'm wrong about you.
For me, every time I see whackjobs like that saying "Hey! I represent the kind of people who support Ron Paul!", it makes me doubt his credibility. And as I've stated on many occasions, I actually like the guy.

I'm simply saying that however Liberty or WatertheTree or Ron Paul Supporter #34567 responds to you, it doesn't affect the underlying truth or falsity of Ron Paul's message.

Forum List

Back