Ron Paul Cant Win

Thats not surprising, most people who use drugs are not very smart.

Dont get upset, you bring it on yourself.

Um I don't and never have used drugs..thinking that others should have the right to do with their body what they want does not mean that I choose to do the same.

Yea, and Ron Paul supports violent criminals owning guns. Dumb fucking lying bitch.
:trolls:

:banned03::lol::lol:

Yep, many Paul supporters are his own worst enemy.

Water, he strongly opposes gun restrictions of any sort..that includes those that restrict people convicted of crimes from owning one...he believes they have the right to own one too if they want.

If elected President, Paul will veto ANY piece of legislation abridging our Constitutional Right to bear arms.

Ron Paul strongly opposes running background checks on individuals purchasing guns.

Oops...how is it that he doesn't support criminals owning them if he opposes background checks???hmm?

Paul Introduced legislation to REPEAL the 1993 National "Instant Background Check" Gun Owner Registration Bill

and here is more as if that were not enough

Courage: Ron Paul Is Only Dissenting Vote In Gun-Control Law

Courage: Ron Paul Is Only Dissenting Vote In Gun-Control Law
Wow, I think I'm catching Ron Paul Feveh!

Oh, wait... this law was passed in reaction to the Virginia Tech shootings, and merely requires streamlinging of reporting so that mental defectives, barred from owning guns, are enterred into the background-check system in a timely manner.

So, Ron Paul is against a law designed to make it harder for a mental incompetent to buy guns?

Is this 1) doctrinaire dogmatism taken to a lethal end or 2) simple self-interest on Paul's part?

What do the rantings of one (alleged) Ron Paul supporter have to do with the fundamental validity of Ron Paul's ideas or his candidacy?

Well in my post, I made it clear that I wasn't commenting on Paul's ideas at all but rather the strategy the Dems would employ against him. Xchel made the egregious faux paus of interpreting the term "Isolationism" in way way that is different than the word tryants liked.
The result? Dumbass, lying f*cking, b*tch.....
Any RP whackjobs address the issues discussed? Nope. Just pure whackjobbery.

BTW, if Poster A has said he finds Paul's stance X extreme, that seems like a pretty hollow complaint. Yes, Ron Paul is outside the mainstream. Well, haven't you heard? Americans have pretty low confidence in mainstream policies and ideas.

So what is your point? That no one should have differing opinions? I don't think herion and meth should be legal. That makes me hollow? I don't believe we brought 9/11 on ourselves. So I'm hollow? Hmmm. From now on, if someone has any opinion that is different than mine, I'll just cop out and call them hollow...

Ron Paul predicted the economic crash. He, like Obama, forewarned us about the war in Iraq. And he audited the Federal Reserve, revealing their $16 trillion, yes $16 trillion, in hidden loans to international banks.

Okay so you seem pretty reasonable. Which is the difference between you and the extreme whackjob RP supporters like Liberty and WaterThe Tree. But if you're saying that the best way to debate a disagreement over what is perceived as Isolationism (for example), is to call someone a dumb@ss lying f*cking b1tch, then maybe I'm wrong about you.
For me, every time I see whackjobs like that saying "Hey! I represent the kind of people who support Ron Paul!", it makes me doubt his credibility. And as I've stated on many occasions, I actually like the guy.

So, Ron Paul is against a law designed to make it harder for a mental incompetent to buy guns?

Is this 1) doctrinaire dogmatism taken to a lethal end or 2) simple self-interest on Paul's part?

Who is "mentally incompetent" to defend his her life?

The Jews as Hitler declared?

Dissenters as the former USSR and Cuba declared. There psychiatry was/is a tool of the state.

No one says a person cannot defend their life, just that they can't do it with gun in hand...those that are mentally incompentent cannot rationalize well enough to own a gun..as we saw at Virginia tech....

Who is "mentally incompetent" to defend his her life?

Timothy McVeigh? Jeffrey Daumer? Charles Manson? Someone diagnosed with acute paranoid schizophrenia since childhood? People convicted of ADW or AIK?

The Jews as Hitler declared? :lol:

Dissenters as the former USSR and Cuba declared. There psychiatry was/is a tool of the state.

So basically, you calim that there is no such thing as a person who is an actual threat to society because that backs RP's agenda? Wow!

Last edited:
What do you mean Paul can't win??

If Barry can be POTUS then why can't Paul??

He's no more nutty than the dimwit in Chief.

Obama is a better politician.

Somehow I don't see Paul pretending to be something he's not like Barry did.

I'll take honesty and a straight shooter every time.

You misinterpret my post. A politician is someone who is good at politics, not honesty. As a Nobel Prize winner once wrote "A Democracy will never tolerate an honest politician."
Politicians tell people what they want to hear, vote against their conscience in order to insure reelection and make promises they don't intend to keep. Obama is better at those things than Paul is. Therefore is a better politician - which is an insult.

The evidence would indicate it is so.

Quite the contrary.

See my post directly above your reply. I would guess you wrote this before you read it.

Who has been in politics longer and won more elections? Saying obama is a better politician is like saying Britney Spears was a better singer than some ugly chick who could actually sing and had written all her own songs. Maybe those songs are unpopular and incoherent, but she can actually sing. 2008 obama was the young, airbrushed, media creation Britney Spears. Now he is the shave her head, drive with the baby on her lap and a cig hanging out of her mouth, barefoot and gassy Britney Spears.

Quite the contrary.

See my post directly above your reply. I would guess you wrote this before you read it.

Who has been in politics longer and won more elections? Saying obama is a better politician is like saying Britney Spears was a better singer than some ugly chick who could actually sing and had written all her own songs. Maybe those songs are unpopular and incoherent, but she can actually sing. 2008 obama was the young, airbrushed, media creation Britney Spears. Now he is the shave her head, drive with the baby on her lap and a cig hanging out of her mouth, barefoot and gassy Britney Spears.

Let's see. Paul has been in politics for decades. Obama for less than one. Paul has run for president how many times and never won? Obama won his first time.

But okay you win. I clarified what I meant by "a better politician". So fine, if you insist, Paul is better at telling people what they want to hear, making promises he can't keep and voting against his conscience in order to gain votes.

Personally, I really think Obama does more of that...

No one says a person cannot defend their life, just that they can't do it with gun in hand...

So if the attacker has a gun the victim is shit out of luck?

those that are mentally incompentent cannot rationalize well enough to own a gun..as we saw at Virginia tech....

The problem in Va Tech was that the administrators refused to let the students defend their lives.

No the problem is that the guy was allowed to buy a gun in the first place when he was mentally incompentent and criminally dangerous.

I don't care if the other person does have a gun in hand...we don't put guns in the hands of crazy folks..that is just stupid.

As all can see though I didn't lie....especially since RP himself said that he is against background checks for gun ownership..what does that mean? That he wants to allow criminals and the mentally insane to have guns.

Last edited:
Everywhere on this board I see people parroting the pundits and the fox news propagandists. Constant meaningless words like 'Ron Paul cant win' and 'unelectable' and 'nutjob'.

Not one time on this board have I seen anyone say why he cant win, why he is unelectable, or why he is a nutjob.

So I created this thread for the same reason I created 'official rick perry jobs plan', cause I think its all hype created by big business and parroted by weak minded fools.

SO PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Ron Paul Highlights in 9/22/2011 Presidential Debate - YouTube

Ron. Paul. Is. A. Joke.

Gedditt!?!?

No the problem is that the guy was allowed to buy a gun in the first place when he was mentally incompentent and criminally dangerous.

I don't care if the other person does have a gun in hand...we don't put guns in the hands of crazy folks..that is just stupid.

As all can see though I didn't lie....especially since RP himself said that he is against background checks for gun ownership..what does that mean? That he wants to allow criminals and the mentally insane to have guns.

How the fuck do you prevent the "mentally incompetent and criminally dangerous" from buying firearms in the blackmarket?!?!?!?!?!?!?

it isn't about preventing it is putting them in jail if they are caught..just like laws are made to do. If a person bought it on the black market they didn't get it legally and thus their crime is ELEVATED to a more serious status. Giving mentally insane guns is stupid.

If elected President, Paul will veto ANY piece of legislation abridging our Constitutional Right to bear arms.

Such as?

And what criteria would Paul use to determine if a given law violates the Second Amendment?

Without such information Paul’s statement is utter nonsense.

So if the attacker has a gun the victim is shit out of luck?

No Constitutional right is absolute – laws enacted with a compelling governmental interest preempting a given right are usually upheld by the courts.

Disallowing the owning of firearms by those adjudicated mentally ill is a reasonable restriction.

The problem in Va Tech was that the administrators refused to let the students defend their lives.

…by carrying firearms on campus and in class, one would presume.

Perhaps.

But that has nothing to do with the Constitutional validity of background checks.
How the fuck do you prevent the "mentally incompetent and criminally dangerous" from buying firearms in the blackmarket?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Unless otherwise legislated, Federal law allows residents of the same state to engage in a private sale – no background check or FFL required.

But that’s not the issue; the issue is: is Paul’s opposition to background checks reasonable.

The problem with background checks is they have the same ‘presumption of guilt’ issues as many other gun regulations, such as waiting periods or design/configuration restrictions.

In Heller the Court admonished lower courts to not infer the ruling prohibited background checks, this along with other restrictions will at some point be reviewed by the courts. But given the general rational doctrine, I see background checks withstanding court challenges.

Forum List

Back