Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

If Republicans wanted a true American patriot on the ballot they would've nominated Ron Paul.

There is absolutely nothing about Mitt Romney that suggests he's any more of a patriot than Barack Obama. Fact, not opinion. :thup:

ObamaBC%2525252BandBinLaden.jpg

If a person comes from a family that works, they will be likely to work. If mom has lived off welfare, daddy's gone, they won't get a good paying job, or any job.

It is a little late for democrats to blather on about the patriotism of military service. The last two democrat presidents never served at all. And, the democrats did everything they could to dice and slice Sarah Palin's son who was actively serving while she was running for VP.

Thats not necessarily true, I know several friends of mine who turned out to be total potheads who just play Playstation 3 all day and just smoke weed, and don't work. Their parents both have good jobs, and they are not welfare babies.

It's not a guarantee! It's a matter of liklihood. A person who comes from a family that has a work ethic is likely to have a work ethic themselves. That's why we have such a thing as generational welfare. Your friends likely started out with a work ethic but weed robbed them of their ambition.

okay...one more time.

What part of volunteer military are you not understanding?

The poor people can stay away from induction centers just like everyone else can.

Except they really can't. Not if they live in a place like Detroit or Cleveland that thanks to the Mitt Romneys of the world moving all the good jobs to China, the military is the only place that's actually hiring.

And here's where I get very critical of a system I benefited from. The military paid for my college, but I was lucky enough to have 12 years of Catholic education that prepared me for college. (This was in the bad old days when Catholic Education was relatively cheap. I paid for my last two years of high school with summer jobs.)

But a lot of these poor kids sign up, hoping to get an education. The unlucky ones come back in boxes or without limbs. The "Lucky" ones come back and then find they never got the skills in high school or grammar school to go to college, and they flunk out after a year.

Now, by comparison, a Romney kid is never going to be in a situation like that. He's always going to be able to get a good paying job for no effort through Daddy's connection, just like Dad did.

get me a link to the recruiting numbers in those places, and we'll talk.

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

The wonder boy occupying the White House is not much older than Mitt Romney's sons.

Was he ever in harm's way? Did he ever volunteer to serve anywhere?

Did you ever give credit to Sarah Palin's son to serve in the armed forces?

But mention ANYHING about the Obama girls.........

:eusa_whistle:

Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26), I hardly think that these men are not children as compared to children aged 13? and under.
Get a life. If they cannot defend their life and their decisions maybe they are children.
But they hardly deserve a free ride.
And on the same subject but down a different path.
Here we have the autorcratic society. Patriotism at its finest.

Last edited:
Republicans refused to even pay higher taxes when they were insisting on invading Iraq - when they were sending people to die for them. That's how they conceive of people's responsibilities in America: You die for them, and they...sit back on their yachts and collect their tax cuts.

At least those Republicans who have yachts have the decency to dock them in the state where they live, unlike the self-inflicted-wound purple heart "winner" gigolo, John Kerry, who docks his wife's yacht in a harbor more favorable to cheap, tax-cheating free-loaders like him.

Perhaps I'm a bit biased by the fact that Romney makes my skin crawl, but this is a legitimate observation worthy of consideration. Having now read through the thread it comes as no surprise that not one of the Romney supporters here has bothered to actually defend the facts and have instead resorted to attacking you for simply observing facts that they'd just as soon sweep under the rug. How dare you attack Mitt's poor innocent children!! :rofl:

You're being attacked for being a slimey lizard that crawled out from under a rock just so you could attack the children of someone who happens to be a Republican.

Here's the Dim "ethic" on candidate's children

1. Dim children - off limits
  2. Republican children - open season.

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

He was supposed to force one of his kids into the military just on the off chance that he might run for POTUS one day? What a very strange opinion.

^Strawman fail.

This entire thread is a straw man, not to mention a cheap sleazy attack on people who aren't even part of the campaign.

If Republicans wanted a true American patriot on the ballot they would've nominated Ron Paul.

There is absolutely nothing about Mitt Romney that suggests he's any more of a patriot than Barack Obama. Fact, not opinion. :thup:

There is plenty of evidence that Romney is more of a patriot than Obama. For one thing, he's not a marxist who says he wants to "fundamentally transform America." Why would you want to transform something you claim to love?

Last edited:
So.............if Romney supports a war, that should obligate his children to going to war?

We should ignore whether or not the children want to go?

Good old fashioned neoliberal idea of freedom right there for ya!

Oh and just because Obama is a warmonger, doesn't mean his girls should have to join the military when they turn 18.

You did not give your own age and service record.

Are you somewhere between 37 and 26 year old? Are you in the Armed Forces? Are you serving anywhere other than at the McDonald counter, wearing a paper cap to hold your louse-ridden hair in place??

Are you older? show us your service records.

Are you younger? Show us your intentions.

What part of volunteer military are you not understanding?

And what part of the claim from the Rethugs that "terrorists" represent the biggest threat to the country we have faced since the USSR fell. And with the supposed threat you don't think it strange that the man with 5 sons who has wanted to be POTUS for 8 years, during which we have been at war and he didn't have even one son who joined the military.

And you want Mittens to be CIC? So he can send other peoples sons and daughters to war.

What a fearless leader Mittens would be. Sons must be pussies, but Mittens is fearless. Cause it ain't his rich kids getting killed.

It sounds to me like most of you here are just showing a little jealousy!

How is Romney going to send our sons and daughters to war IF THEY DON'T WANT TO GO? If they don't sign up, they're not going anywhere! :cuckoo:
If they don't want to go then they just dont sign up...easy!

Are you saying just because Romneys kids are rich that they SHOULD join the military? That makes no sense at all. There are THOUSANDS of rich democrats out there, and i bet the majority of them hasn't had kids in the military either....where's your rants about them? Just because Romney is running for president you guys have to pick on his family about this?

Romney isn't my first choice to run for president, i have issues with him....just not as many issues as i have with Obama.

Why is this even an issue?

The Democrat lying machine convinced the gullible ones to prefer a draft dodger - Bill Clinton - over a genuine war hero, George Herbert Walker Bush, and similarly succeeded convincing the gullible and guilt-ridden to vote for a neighborhood bully aka a 'community organizer' over another genuine war hero, John McCain.

Forum List

Back