58 reasons why Trump Has Got to Go

And he made liberals SAD!
Soon he will make you, your children and everyone else UNHEALTHY by giving polluters free rein. He already started with letting Big Coal dump their shit in the rivers.
If that doesn't make YOU sad and pissed off there is something wrong with you..

He already started with letting Big Coal dump their shit in the rivers.

Link?
OMG. Are you really that uninformed?
Isn't Fox covering it?
Of course they're not.

US coal miners applaud Republican axing of stream protections

When did that awesome rule get enacted?
Dec 2016

"GOT TO GO"? As in "go"? Anybody who posted such stuff during the Hussein administration would have found the Feds knocking at their door. Lefties have gone round the bend with anger and hysteria and it's getting scary out there.

1 reason why he should stay: He's not Hitlery Clinton.
She would have been 100 times better. Plus she wouldn't be alienating our allies and lying about ridiculous things easily proven to be lies.
She wouldn't hire white supremacists either as is Trump's #1 adviser.
She wouldn't be cutting the EPA, getting rid of after school programs and Food programs.
We'd have a steady hand as prez not an unhinged lunatic.

We have a better relationship with our allies than we have in a long time

Did you really just claim that one of the advantages of having Hillary as President is that she wouldn't lie about easily proven things?

You mean like how she got her name? About getting shot at by snipers in Bosnia? About learning how to do a cattle futures trade that netted her $600,000 by reading an article in The New York Times? Like saying the attacks in Benghazi were because of a protest over a You Tube video that turned violent? Like saying she'd turned over all of her emails on Benghazi? Like saying she didn't have any top secret information on her private servers? Stop me if you'd like, Reasonable...I could go on for a long time about what Hillary's "hasn't" lied about! (eye roll)
I see your already forgetting the mind numbingly stupid lies of 45 I listed in the OP. He's already an international disgrace. This wouldn't be happening in a Hillary administration.
Accusing a former prez of a felony with no proof?
Lying about the number of people at his inauguration?
On and on... President Crazypants is a disgrace.
I see your already forgetting the mind numbingly stupid lies of 45 I listed in the OP.
I thought your list had 58 listed?

Find out some of them weren't lies?
He's the 45th prez doofus.
You were dropped on your head as a baby weren't you.
and you were thrown...

You might want to take a look at your list.

It ain't exactly factual
You wish it weren't. It is an extremely ugly ACCURATE. list.
But if you overlooked your fuhrer admitting to sexual assault, mocking the handicapped and daily lying... you'll overlook any list.

The only think accurate about the list is that it demonstrates accurately how your screen name has no relation to anything you say or think

One reason why Trump will not be leaving is because the House is GOP and so is the Senate and let me very clear the Democratic Party might win the Senate in 2018 they will never gain the House and if by some miracle they do obtain the House they will still lack the votes in the Senate to remove Trump.

So as you wish to your voodoo doll for a miracle I will tell you like I told those that wanted George W. Bush impeached, and it will never happen!

Now does that help you to snap back into reality or will you stay in la la land and proclaim he will go!?!

Democrats have very little chance of winning back the Senate in 2018, Bruce. If memory serves me...there are something like 25 Democratically held Senate seats that are up for reelection this term compared to 8 GOP seats. The Democrats would need to hold all 25 seats they now control...including some in Red States that just voted for Trump...and take two GOP controlled seats...in races that are almost all in heavily Red States. They'll be doing well not to lose more seats in the Senate.

This list is going to get a long longer before this hot mess admin is finally over.

And, we will be generations paying for it.

I see your already forgetting the mind numbingly stupid lies of 45 I listed in the OP. He's already an international disgrace. This wouldn't be happening in a Hillary administration.
Accusing a former prez of a felony with no proof?
Lying about the number of people at his inauguration?
On and on... President Crazypants is a disgrace.
I see your already forgetting the mind numbingly stupid lies of 45 I listed in the OP.

and you were thrown...

It ain't exactly factual
But if you overlooked your fuhrer admitting to sexual assault, mocking the handicapped and daily lying... you'll overlook any list.

The only think accurate about the list is that it demonstrates accurately how your screen name has no relation to anything you say or think

Not surprised that fake christians lie for him.

Or do morms even call themselves christians?

Meh.

When an international incident occurs and the serial liar needs our allies they'll look at him askew and wonder if it's just another one of his daily lies.
Lying has consequences... and it will hurt this country bigly in the long run.

Well then I guess it's good that the more honest of the two candidates won.

and you were thrown...

It ain't exactly factual

Meh.

Since when does telling the truth become lying?

The guy literally is citing countless good things Trump has done saying they are reasons he needs to go. Others he is claiming are just nonsense. For example, trump never said anything about a terror attack in Sweden.

There is no reason here. It's pure emotion based on lies.

It's nonsense

1 reason why he should stay: He's not Hitlery Clinton.
She would have been 100 times better. Plus she wouldn't be alienating our allies and lying about ridiculous things easily proven to be lies.
She wouldn't hire white supremacists either as is Trump's #1 adviser.
She wouldn't be cutting the EPA, getting rid of after school programs and Food programs.
We'd have a steady hand as prez not an unhinged lunatic.

We have a better relationship with our allies than we have in a long time
That's hands down the lie of the year. Even Trump would get his partial erection with a lie that bold

and you were thrown...

It ain't exactly factual

Meh.

Since when does telling the truth become lying?

The guy literally is citing countless good things Trump has done saying they are reasons he needs to go. Others he is claiming are just nonsense. For example, trump never said anything about a terror attack in Sweden.

There is no reason here. It's pure emotion based on lies.

It's nonsense
You've modeled yourself after a pathological liar. Good job.

The serial liar: "When you look at what’s happening in Germany, when you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden! They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never thought possible."

The only problem is that nothing happened the prior night in Sweden. The Swedish daily Aftonbladet quickly compiled a list of noteworthy things that happened on Friday; They included a drunken-driving arrest and “some technical problems” during 87-year-old crooner Owe Thörnqvist’s rehearsal prior to the Melodifestivalen song competition.

It seemed like Trump, in the grand tradition of the “Bowling Green massacre,”simply invented a terrorist attack allegedly committed by immigrants out of thin air.

This is only a partial list. This madman is dangerous to the citizens of this country and the world.

1. Restarted the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
2. Instituted a federal hiring freeze that blocked 2,000 vital, new positions at the VA, and indefinitely suspended Army childcare programs for vets.
3. Approved a raid in Yemen that killed 30 people including at least 10 civilians, many of whom were women and children, as well as U.S. Navy Seal Ryan Owens.
4. Reinstated and strengthened the global gag rule thereby pulling all world-wide federal funding from any institutions that even attempt to educate patients about abortion.
5. Rescinded federal bathroom protections for transgender students.
6. Used the office of the presidency to criticize Nordstrom, a private company, for no longer selling his daughter’s clothing line.
7. Didn’t fully divest from his businesses and has transferred many of his companies to his sons opening the door for a litany of potential conflicts of interest.
8. Didn’t release his tax returns like he promised, and has no plans to do so.
9. Demonized and repeatedly attacked the free press in order to build a propaganda machine.
10. Signed a bill reversing the Stream Protection Rule making it far easier for coal companies to dump mining waste in rivers, lakes and streams.
11. Announced plans to sign executive orders lifting a coal mining ban on federal land, and lifting or limiting restrictions on greenhouse gas emissions from utility companies.
12. Signed an executive order, later ruled to be unconstitutional, barring immigrants and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S.
13. Lied about inauguration crowd size.
14. Lied about the size of his electoral college victory.
15. Lied about attacks in Sweden, yet never mentioned attacks in Kansas or Quebec perpetrated by white men on people of color.
16. Lied about being solely responsible for Lockheed Martin cutting $700 million from the F-35 program.
17. Lied about the New York Times failing.
18. Lied about Chris Cuomo never asking Senator Blumenthal about misrepresenting his service in Vietnam.
19. Lied about major news organizations intentionally ignoring terrorist attacks.
20. Lied about the murder rate being the highest its been in 47 years.
21. Lied about Philadelphia’s murder rate increasing.
22. Lied about people being killed at Obama’s farewell address.
23. Lied about ACA covering “very few people.”
24. Lied about the media being less trusted than congress.
25. Lied about sanctuary cities being hotbeds of crime.
26. Said “Any negative polls are fake news.”
27. Berated the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
28. Threatened to send U.S. troops into Mexico.
29. Used the National Prayer breakfast to throw shade at Arnold Schwarzenegger.
30. Said he would “get rid of and totally destroy” the Johnson amendment, which was designed to keep religion out of politics.
31. Appointed Betsy Devos, a billionaire GOP donor with no public school experience to run our public school system.
32. Appointed fossil-fuel-shill and climate change-denier Scott Pruitt to head the EPA. He’s sued the EPA 13 times.
33. Appointed Jeff Sessions, a man whose racist comments cost him a federal judgeship in 1986, as the attorney general.
34. Appointed Rex Tillerson, a former Exxon CEO with no military or government experience as secretary of state.
35. Appointed Rick Perry, a man with who once forgot the Department of Energy existed, flunked organic chemistry and received Cs and Ds in other science courses to run the Department of Energy.
36. Appointed Ben Carson, a man with no government, housing or management experience to run the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Two weeks prior to being nominated, Carson’s business manager Armstrong Williams said “Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he’s never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.”
37. Appointed former Goldman Sachs COO Gary Cohn to head the National Economic Council.
38. Appointed former Goldman Sachs partner Steven Mnuchin to head the Treasury Department.
39. Appointed Alt-right hero and former Breitbart Editor Stephen Bannon as chief strategist and later elevated him to the National Security Council.
40. Continued to criticize Hillary Clinton, without ever criticizing Vladimir Putin.
41. Threatened Chicago with martial law.
42. Threatened to take away funding from all sanctuary cities.
43. Announced plans to repeal Dodd-Frank and fiduciary rule.
44. Plans to make major cuts to the EPA while dramatically increasing military spending.
45. Demeaned our court system and questioned a federal judge’s credentials.
46. Continued to push evidence-less claims of voter fraud.
47. Tweeted “I’LL SEE YOU IN COURT” to a court.
48. Cost taxpayers serious money in travel expenses. Estimates by the Washington Post show that his first month in office has cost nearly as much as Obama’s first year
49. Set his sons out to travel the globe, growing the Trump brand with secret service in tow while taxpayers are footing the bill.
50. Nominated Neil Gorsuch, an originalist, for the open supreme court seat.
51. Hired hateful, loony creationist Jerry Falwell Jr. to lead a higher education task force.
52. Tapped vaccine-skeptic Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to head a commission on vaccine safety.
53. Gave a belligerent 57 minute press conference in which he attacked the media and lied about numerous inconsequential things.
54. Made a statement for Holocaust Remembrance Day and never mentioned Jewish people.
55. Fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates for saying the travel ban was unconstitutional. A few weeks later, the travel ban was ruled unconstitutional in federal court.
56. Supported his newly-appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ decision to rescind Obama-era efforts and build up the private prison system once again.
57. Showed that he shakes people’s hands like a frustrated, socially-awkward baboon.
58. Embarrassed himself and the country by refusing to shake hands with Angela Merkel.

Lol, most of those are reasons he won the election. They are also reasons why he will win a second term.
So habitual lying, bringing on a white supremacist as top adviser, stocking the swamp with billionaires getting rich like trump while on the public dime, botching a raid in Yemen with 30 people being killed etc is the resume that will win him the 2020 election?
Gee.... you have such low expectations for American citizens.

Instituted a federal hiring freeze that blocked 2,000 vital, new positions at the VA, and indefinitely suspended Army childcare programs for vets.

Not filling vital positions is irresponsible.

Suspending the childcare program for vets is grossly hypocritical on Trump's part. Moreover, who screws over U.S. veterans, especially when they themselves didn't serve? Well, I know one person who does. Trump. Now it may be that others have too, but they aren't POTUS now, plus that someone else may have does not make it right for Trump to do so.

Reinstated and strengthened the global gag rule thereby pulling all world-wide federal funding from any institutions that even attempt to educate patients about abortion.

It makes no sense to me that anyone would strive to deny people comprehensive education/information about a medical procedure and what the law allows/doesn't allow with regard to one's availing themselves of it.

6. Used the office of the presidency to criticize Nordstrom, a private company, for no longer selling his daughter’s clothing line.

One can't be the POTUS and still publicly criticize an American citizen or criticize an American company for a business decision it made. Moreover, regardless of who did and didn't vote for him, who does or doesn't support him, the fact is that once one becomes POTUS, are everyone's president and that means, among other things, that the POTUS should refrain from publicly berating a person or individual for doing something that didn't break the law. Ragging on the opposing party at a party level is fine, but that's it.

And, yes, that means the POTUS must still support all Americans even though all Americans don't necessarily support the POTUS. That's just part of the deal when one assumes elected/appointed office, be it POTUS, ROTUS, SOTUS, or JOTUS. It's the same at the state and local level as well. Elected representatives simply give up part of what it means to be a private citizen. Again, it's just part of the territory.

7. Didn’t fully divest from his businesses and has transferred many of his companies to his sons opening the door for a litany of potential conflicts of interest.
Didn’t release his tax returns like he promised, and has no plans to do so.
Demonized and repeatedly attacked the free press.
Signed a bill reversing the Stream Protection Rule making it far easier for coal companies to dump mining waste in rivers, lakes and streams.

Agree

11. Announced plans to sign executive orders lifting a coal mining ban on federal land

I don't think anyone should be able to use federal, state or locally held undeveloped lands/waters to generate private profit/revenue. If a government sells the land to a private party, fine. In contrast, I don't mind, for example, that the U.S. Government has leased the Old Post Office to Trump Organization (or some other entity/individual). The building was there; it was going to be used for something. Presumably leasing it to a private entity was the most economically sage use the government could come up with for it. (I do have a problem with the Trump name being on the building while Donnie holds the office of POTUS.)

Signed an executive order, later ruled to be unconstitutional, barring immigrants and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S.

I'm less concerned with the man issuing an exec order (EO) to ban travellers of a certain class than I am over the fact that he/his team didn't "do their homework" well enough to have crafted the EO so that it wouldn't withstand judicial scrutiny. It's implementation was precipitous, slovenly, and procrustean. It'd be different if he hadn't been prattling on about the ban for well over a year, but he had been. There's no excuse for that EO not having been thoroughly thought through and composed. It's not as though it was a long document like the ACA or something, though I don't think I'd have a different POV if it were.

The POTUS is within his authority to issue a ban. I think the ban he's issued is absurd for a variety of reasons -- those articulated here along with those arrived at by examining the data found re: the various affected countries on this site -- but the fact remains: he has the authority to issue a travel ban, and the ban must remain in place so long as the judiciary deems it compliant with existing U.S. law and until a subsequent POTUS removes it.

15. Lied about attacks in Sweden, yet never mentioned attacks in Kansas or Quebec perpetrated by white men on people of color.
16. Lied about being solely responsible for Lockheed Martin cutting $700 million from the F-35 program.
18. Lied about Chris Cuomo never asking Senator Blumenthal about misrepresenting his service in Vietnam.
19. Lied about major news organizations intentionally ignoring terrorist attacks.
30. Said he would “get rid of and totally destroy” the Johnson amendment, which was designed to keep religion out of politics.

Agree

32. Appointed fossil-fuel-shill and climate change-denier Scott Pruitt to head the EPA. He’s sued the EPA 13 times.
31. Appointed Betsy Devos, a billionaire GOP donor with no public school experience to run our public school system.
35. Appointed Rick Perry, a man with who once forgot the Department of Energy existed, flunked organic chemistry and received Cs and Ds in other science courses to run the Department of Energy.
36. Appointed Ben Carson, a man with no government, housing or management experience to run the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Two weeks prior to being nominated, Carson’s business manager Armstrong Williams said “Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he’s never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.”

I don't generally take exception with whomever a POTUS appoints to cabinet level position; however, these are particularly disturbing because each of the appointees has no particular background or experience associated with the department they'll head.
  • Pruitt -- On matters environmental, there'll be no intellectual objectivity at the topmost level of the government. It makes no sense that the person in charge of protecting the environment has a long track record of animus toward doing exactly that. Additionally, the man doesn't even, as would a patent attorney, have so much as an undergraduate natural science or engineering degree. Strangely, Betsy Devos has a stronger science background as a mere investor (albeit at the million dollar level) in science and tech companies than does Pruitt. Pruitt's background is purely legal and poli-sci.
  • Devos -- This woman's sole experience in education is as an opinionated donor to various education charities and think tanks. I can't even find one scholarly essay the woman has written, let alone one having to do with education/pedagogy.
  • Perry -- Got Cs and Ds his science courses says all that need be said. He took his BS in animal science, which at the BS level and in the time he took it, was essentially the life sciences equivalent of "rocks for jocks." (For people in Perry's and my generation, it was what one took when one couldn't perform well in a biology, botany, entomology, chemistry, etc. degree program.)

And what field did the guy enter after leaving the Air Force? Cotton farming. Animal science degree --> Cotton farmer. Yes, that makes sense...Not. Cotton farmers need two skills: minimal business acumen (it's a commodity, after all) and whatever slaves managed to figure out about growing cotton. The guy isn't a complete dolt, but he's also not "smarter than the average bear." I don't have a problem with what he's done with his life or how he made money; I have a problem with his being SecEnergy.

(Neither is Trump, and more than a handful of the very smart people I know have remarked upon how Trump has surrounded himself mostly with people who are not "world class" thinkers. There are some exceptions, but not enough to matter.)

Of the people in Trump's cabinet, who may have made more sense to put at Energy? Well, Rex Tillerson would have been a better choice than Perry. Perry was governor of TX, so it's not as though he or Rex is any more or less "in the pocket" of the energy industry. (You have modified your investment portfolio to include more TX-based energy companies, a larger share in ExxonMobil and the other multinational oil and gas companies (including non-US ones that partner with EM) haven't you? Just because one doesn't like the appointees doesn't mean one shouldn't make money on the fact that they have the offices they do...Those public disclosure documents are there for a reason, after all...)
  • Carson -- Dr. Carson is one of the brighter folks in Trump's Administration. Certainly in medicine he is. What's baffling is why he has been effectively "hobbled" by being appointed to head a not-particularly-scientific or medical department. Rather than putting Dr. Carson in a place (HUD) where his lifelong career skills can from day one be brought to bear at "full strength," Trump assigned him to lead a department where he's got to face a learning curve. Even more puzzling is why he accepted/wanted that position.

I don't necessarily agree with a lot of Carson's political stances, but the man's certainly well qualified to be Surgeon General, Director NIH or CDC, SecHHS, and as a scientist, he's certainly more qualified than Pruitt or Perry to run Energy or the EPA. Given his vastly greater experience teaching and going to school than Devos, he's also better suited to Dept. of Education than she. Carson's misrepresentation of his academic achievements give me pause regarding his integrity.
37. Appointed former Goldman Sachs COO Gary Cohn to head the National Economic Council.
38. Appointed former Goldman Sachs partner Steven Mnuchin to head the Treasury Department.

Why should I have a problem with these appointments? There is at least some correlation between these guys and the roles they have assumed.

It's worth nothing that Trump put finance pros in financially related positions. Company finance happens also to be an area where Trump is strong and can maintain his own in policy discussions with the people he's emplaced at the NEC and Dept. of Treasury.

Do you see the pattern? Trump consistently places non-pros in charge of areas where he too is not particularly any more knowledgeable than is an average individual with a college degree.

I'm interested to see how things play out with Tillerson. He's a very smart guy who's brighter in general than is Trump, and he's a much faster study than is Trump. I'm wondering whether he'll assert himself, defer to Trump's whimsicality and capricious recklessness, or resign early (prior to completing four years).

39. Appointed Alt-right hero and former Breitbart Editor Stephen Bannon as chief strategist and later elevated him to the National Security Council.

I don't mind that Bannon has an advisory position, though I don't even remotely agree with his politics. I have a problem with that man being on the NSC.

40. Continued to criticize Hillary Clinton, without ever criticizing Vladimir Putin.

The problem here is definitely not that he criticized, or continued to, Hillary Clinton.

Here again...Trump is, if nothing else, not a historian, legal scholar, jurist or attorney. The man has no legal theory training or experience. His only real contact with the law is having been sued and suing a lot of people. For whatever insights that may have given him, constitutional law isn't among them. If he is of a mind to propose we revise our Constitution to dispense with the role of federal courts as part of the system of checks and balances, then he should do so. Otherwise, he should keep his mouth shut about things on which he is far from an expert.

Can one utter a more incoherently inane remark?

49. Set his sons out to travel the globe, growing the Trump brand with secret service in tow while taxpayers are footing the bill.

Though I'm not keen on their holding office and running a closely held company, that the nation is paying the bill to protect and transport them in the course of their doing so is not acceptable to me.

There's plenty I don't like about this guy, but he's qualified for the job.

52. Tapped vaccine-skeptic Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to head a commission on vaccine safety.

I don't understand this appointment at all.

55. Fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates for saying the travel ban was unconstitutional. A few weeks later, the travel ban was ruled unconstitutional in federal court.

Agreed. Trump really needs to stay away, well away, from everything having to do with the law.

58. Embarrassed himself and the country by refusing to shake hands with Angela Merkel.

Agree

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

This is only a partial list. This madman is dangerous to the citizens of this country and the world.

1. Restarted the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
2. Instituted a federal hiring freeze that blocked 2,000 vital, new positions at the VA, and indefinitely suspended Army childcare programs for vets.
3. Approved a raid in Yemen that killed 30 people including at least 10 civilians, many of whom were women and children, as well as U.S. Navy Seal Ryan Owens.
4. Reinstated and strengthened the global gag rule thereby pulling all world-wide federal funding from any institutions that even attempt to educate patients about abortion.
5. Rescinded federal bathroom protections for transgender students.
8. Didn’t release his tax returns like he promised, and has no plans to do so.
9. Demonized and repeatedly attacked the free press in order to build a propaganda machine.
10. Signed a bill reversing the Stream Protection Rule making it far easier for coal companies to dump mining waste in rivers, lakes and streams.
11. Announced plans to sign executive orders lifting a coal mining ban on federal land, and lifting or limiting restrictions on greenhouse gas emissions from utility companies.
12. Signed an executive order, later ruled to be unconstitutional, barring immigrants and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S.
25. Lied about sanctuary cities being hotbeds of crime.
26. Said “Any negative polls are fake news.”
33. Appointed Jeff Sessions, a man whose racist comments cost him a federal judgeship in 1986, as the attorney general.
34. Appointed Rex Tillerson, a former Exxon CEO with no military or government experience as secretary of state.
42. Threatened to take away funding from all sanctuary cities.
43. Announced plans to repeal Dodd-Frank and fiduciary rule.
44. Plans to make major cuts to the EPA while dramatically increasing military spending.
48. Cost taxpayers serious money in travel expenses. Estimates by the Washington Post show that his first month in office has cost nearly as much as Obama’s first year
51. Hired hateful, loony creationist Jerry Falwell Jr. to lead a higher education task force.
53. Gave a belligerent 57 minute press conference in which he attacked the media and lied about numerous inconsequential things.
54. Made a statement for Holocaust Remembrance Day and never mentioned Jewish people.
56. Supported his newly-appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ decision to rescind Obama-era efforts and build up the private prison system once again.
57. Showed that he shakes people’s hands like a frustrated, socially-awkward baboon.

Lol, most of those are reasons he won the election. They are also reasons why he will win a second term.
So habitual lying, bringing on a white supremacist as top adviser, stocking the swamp with billionaires getting rich like trump while on the public dime, botching a raid in Yemen with 30 people being killed etc is the resume that will win him the 2020 election?
Gee.... you have such low expectations for American citizens.

He has a very long way to go to catch up to Obama who lied continuously for 8 years. And then there's Hillary. Suddenly you care about lies now?

You do know that Trump didn't lead that raid right?

You leftists think you can label anyone you want to a racist and it becomes truth.

Trump will win a second Term because he will reverse the damage that 0bama did and make the country better. I know you don't believe me, you leftists cant allow yourselves to believe it because it destroys the artificial world you have created for yourselves. Look what happened when Hillary lost. Reality isn't a nice place for you people.

Instituted a federal hiring freeze that blocked 2,000 vital, new positions at the VA, and indefinitely suspended Army childcare programs for vets.

Not filling vital positions is irresponsible.

Suspending the childcare program for vets is grossly hypocritical on Trump's part. Moreover, who screws over U.S. veterans, especially when they themselves didn't serve? Well, I know one person who does. Trump. Now it may be that others have too, but they aren't POTUS now, plus that someone else may have does not make it right for Trump to do so.

Reinstated and strengthened the global gag rule thereby pulling all world-wide federal funding from any institutions that even attempt to educate patients about abortion.

It makes no sense to me that anyone would strive to deny people comprehensive education/information about a medical procedure and what the law allows/doesn't allow with regard to one's availing themselves of it.

One can't be the POTUS and still publicly criticize an American citizen or criticize an American company for a business decision it made. Moreover, regardless of who did and didn't vote for him, who does or doesn't support him, the fact is that once one becomes POTUS, are everyone's president and that means, among other things, that the POTUS should refrain from publicly berating a person or individual for doing something that didn't break the law. Ragging on the opposing party at a party level is fine, but that's it.

And, yes, that means the POTUS must still support all Americans even though all Americans don't necessarily support the POTUS. That's just part of the deal when one assumes elected/appointed office, be it POTUS, ROTUS, SOTUS, or JOTUS. It's the same at the state and local level as well. Elected representatives simply give up part of what it means to be a private citizen. Again, it's just part of the territory.

Didn’t release his tax returns like he promised, and has no plans to do so.
Demonized and repeatedly attacked the free press.
Signed a bill reversing the Stream Protection Rule making it far easier for coal companies to dump mining waste in rivers, lakes and streams.

Agree

11. Announced plans to sign executive orders lifting a coal mining ban on federal land

I don't think anyone should be able to use federal, state or locally held undeveloped lands/waters to generate private profit/revenue. If a government sells the land to a private party, fine. In contrast, I don't mind, for example, that the U.S. Government has leased the Old Post Office to Trump Organization (or some other entity/individual). The building was there; it was going to be used for something. Presumably leasing it to a private entity was the most economically sage use the government could come up with for it. (I do have a problem with the Trump name being on the building while Donnie holds the office of POTUS.)

Signed an executive order, later ruled to be unconstitutional, barring immigrants and travelers from 7 Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S.

I'm less concerned with the man issuing an exec order (EO) to ban travellers of a certain class than I am over the fact that he/his team didn't "do their homework" well enough to have crafted the EO so that it wouldn't withstand judicial scrutiny. It's implementation was precipitous, slovenly, and procrustean. It'd be different if he hadn't been prattling on about the ban for well over a year, but he had been. There's no excuse for that EO not having been thoroughly thought through and composed. It's not as though it was a long document like the ACA or something, though I don't think I'd have a different POV if it were.

The POTUS is within his authority to issue a ban. I think the ban he's issued is absurd for a variety of reasons -- those articulated here along with those arrived at by examining the data found re: the various affected countries on this site -- but the fact remains: he has the authority to issue a travel ban, and the ban must remain in place so long as the judiciary deems it compliant with existing U.S. law and until a subsequent POTUS removes it.

Agree

I don't generally take exception with whomever a POTUS appoints to cabinet level position; however, these are particularly disturbing because each of the appointees has no particular background or experience associated with the department they'll head.
  • Pruitt -- On matters environmental, there'll be no intellectual objectivity at the topmost level of the government. It makes no sense that the person in charge of protecting the environment has a long track record of animus toward doing exactly that. Additionally, the man doesn't even, as would a patent attorney, have so much as an undergraduate natural science or engineering degree. Strangely, Betsy Devos has a stronger science background as a mere investor (albeit at the million dollar level) in science and tech companies than does Pruitt. Pruitt's background is purely legal and poli-sci.
  • Devos -- This woman's sole experience in education is as an opinionated donor to various education charities and think tanks. I can't even find one scholarly essay the woman has written, let alone one having to do with education/pedagogy.
  • Perry -- Got Cs and Ds his science courses says all that need be said. He took his BS in animal science, which at the BS level and in the time he took it, was essentially the life sciences equivalent of "rocks for jocks." (For people in Perry's and my generation, it was what one took when one couldn't perform well in a biology, botany, entomology, chemistry, etc. degree program.)

And what field did the guy enter after leaving the Air Force? Cotton farming. Animal science degree --> Cotton farmer. Yes, that makes sense...Not. Cotton farmers need two skills: minimal business acumen (it's a commodity, after all) and whatever slaves managed to figure out about growing cotton. The guy isn't a complete dolt, but he's also not "smarter than the average bear." I don't have a problem with what he's done with his life or how he made money; I have a problem with his being SecEnergy.

(Neither is Trump, and more than a handful of the very smart people I know have remarked upon how Trump has surrounded himself mostly with people who are not "world class" thinkers. There are some exceptions, but not enough to matter.)

Of the people in Trump's cabinet, who may have made more sense to put at Energy? Well, Rex Tillerson would have been a better choice than Perry. Perry was governor of TX, so it's not as though he or Rex is any more or less "in the pocket" of the energy industry. (You have modified your investment portfolio to include more TX-based energy companies, a larger share in ExxonMobil and the other multinational oil and gas companies (including non-US ones that partner with EM) haven't you? Just because one doesn't like the appointees doesn't mean one shouldn't make money on the fact that they have the offices they do...Those public disclosure documents are there for a reason, after all...)
  • Carson -- Dr. Carson is one of the brighter folks in Trump's Administration. Certainly in medicine he is. What's baffling is why he has been effectively "hobbled" by being appointed to head a not-particularly-scientific or medical department. Rather than putting Dr. Carson in a place (HUD) where his lifelong career skills can from day one be brought to bear at "full strength," Trump assigned him to lead a department where he's got to face a learning curve. Even more puzzling is why he accepted/wanted that position.

I don't necessarily agree with a lot of Carson's political stances, but the man's certainly well qualified to be Surgeon General, Director NIH or CDC, SecHHS, and as a scientist, he's certainly more qualified than Pruitt or Perry to run Energy or the EPA. Given his vastly greater experience teaching and going to school than Devos, he's also better suited to Dept. of Education than she. Carson's misrepresentation of his academic achievements give me pause regarding his integrity.

Why should I have a problem with these appointments? There is at least some correlation between these guys and the roles they have assumed.

It's worth nothing that Trump put finance pros in financially related positions. Company finance happens also to be an area where Trump is strong and can maintain his own in policy discussions with the people he's emplaced at the NEC and Dept. of Treasury.

Do you see the pattern? Trump consistently places non-pros in charge of areas where he too is not particularly any more knowledgeable than is an average individual with a college degree.

I'm interested to see how things play out with Tillerson. He's a very smart guy who's brighter in general than is Trump, and he's a much faster study than is Trump. I'm wondering whether he'll assert himself, defer to Trump's whimsicality and capricious recklessness, or resign early (prior to completing four years).

I don't mind that Bannon has an advisory position, though I don't even remotely agree with his politics. I have a problem with that man being on the NSC.

The problem here is definitely not that he criticized, or continued to, Hillary Clinton.

Here again...Trump is, if nothing else, not a historian, legal scholar, jurist or attorney. The man has no legal theory training or experience. His only real contact with the law is having been sued and suing a lot of people. For whatever insights that may have given him, constitutional law isn't among them. If he is of a mind to propose we revise our Constitution to dispense with the role of federal courts as part of the system of checks and balances, then he should do so. Otherwise, he should keep his mouth shut about things on which he is far from an expert.

Can one utter a more incoherently inane remark?

Though I'm not keen on their holding office and running a closely held company, that the nation is paying the bill to protect and transport them in the course of their doing so is not acceptable to me.

There's plenty I don't like about this guy, but he's qualified for the job.

I don't understand this appointment at all.

Agreed. Trump really needs to stay away, well away, from everything having to do with the law.

Agree

With all due respect...you DO realize that judge shopping to find a liberal Federal Court judge doesn't make the subsequent ruling something that will hold up when it's appealed to the Supreme Court...right? The travel ban Trump imposed was completely lawful and the Federal judges that have ruled against it will be overturned on appeal. This is nothing more than a stalling tactic by the left. Saying that Trump should stay away from everything to do with the law is amusing and rather naive on your part.

And then there is this...Donald Trump’s other illegal activities:

1. Donald Trump has a long history of not honoring contracts with construction companies
  2. Donald Trump has knowingly and intentionally defrauded Trump University students, fleecing them out of thousands of dollars
  3. He may have illegally coordinated with his SuperPac
  4. He illegally used corporate resources to pay an employee to write a political speech
  5. He violated federal law by claiming proceeds from various Trump products would go to charity, although there is no evidence that Trump ever donated the money to charity
  6. He violated IRS rules by using $12,000 from his charity organization to purchase a Tim Tebow helmet
  7. He violated election laws by emailing foreign officials to solicit political contributions
  8. He violated federal laws by offering Ben Carson a job in exchange for his endorsement
  9. His employees violated a U.S. trade embargo by pursuing commercial activities in Cuba when it was illegal to do so
  10. He’s run afoul of election laws by using campaign contributions to pay $6 million to his own businesses
  11. He violated Wisconsin election laws by talking with voters as they stood in line to vote
  12. He violated New York state education laws for operating a for-profit investment school without the required license
  13. His foreign policy proposals would violate NATO
  14. He’s violated copyright law for using copyrighted images without permission
  15. Many of the proposals he has vowed to pursue as President violate the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Eighth Amendments of the Constitution
  16. Trump broke New York state law by lobbying to prevent an Indian casino from opening in the Catskills
  17. His vow to use torture on suspected terrorists would violate the Geneva conventions. He would be committing war crimes.
  18. He broke anti-discrimination laws to keep a mob boss gambling at one of his casinos
  19. He violated immigration laws by misrepresenting his company on work-visa applications
And let's not forget this too.

Lets see,,,, 1. full of shit 2. not proved speculation full of shit. 3. 4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19. FULL OF shit speculation conjecture and lies try again LYING LIBERAL!! I really like number 15, since you do not know shit about the Constitution like most liberals. You add a fantasy idea to the CLEAR WORDS and try to prove a nonexistent point like your constant lies about article ONE applying to the President.

And then there is this...Donald Trump’s other illegal activities:

1. Donald Trump has a long history of not honoring contracts with construction companies
  2. Donald Trump has knowingly and intentionally defrauded Trump University students, fleecing them out of thousands of dollars
  3. He may have illegally coordinated with his SuperPac
  4. He illegally used corporate resources to pay an employee to write a political speech
  5. He violated federal law by claiming proceeds from various Trump products would go to charity, although there is no evidence that Trump ever donated the money to charity
  6. He violated IRS rules by using $12,000 from his charity organization to purchase a Tim Tebow helmet
  7. He violated election laws by emailing foreign officials to solicit political contributions
  8. He violated federal laws by offering Ben Carson a job in exchange for his endorsement
  9. His employees violated a U.S. trade embargo by pursuing commercial activities in Cuba when it was illegal to do so
  10. He’s run afoul of election laws by using campaign contributions to pay $6 million to his own businesses
  11. He violated Wisconsin election laws by talking with voters as they stood in line to vote
  12. He violated New York state education laws for operating a for-profit investment school without the required license
  13. His foreign policy proposals would violate NATO
  14. He’s violated copyright law for using copyrighted images without permission
  15. Many of the proposals he has vowed to pursue as President violate the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Eighth Amendments of the Constitution
  16. Trump broke New York state law by lobbying to prevent an Indian casino from opening in the Catskills
  17. His vow to use torture on suspected terrorists would violate the Geneva conventions. He would be committing war crimes.
  18. He broke anti-discrimination laws to keep a mob boss gambling at one of his casinos
  19. He violated immigration laws by misrepresenting his company on work-visa applications
And let's not forget this too.

Fake news.

Forum List

Back