Romney

It could be Romneycare but that's just a conservative guess

But then that doesn't explain the huge surge behind Newt who was one of the driving forces behind the personal mandate that Romneycare was built on.

BUt Newt actually never implemented one. He just threw that out there as an alternative to HillaryCare creating a Public Option. I don't think he was serious and neither was anyone else.

Hey, one of the few times you'll hear me give Mittens a little sympathy. Overall, his plan was in line with Newt, the Heritage Foundation and a lot of other people. This wasn't even an issue in the 2008 campaign. (His religion and liberal positions were.) But two things happened.

1) The Conservative Movement became a lot less amenable to ANY government mandates.

2) A Mandate became the cornerstone of ObamaCare, and once Obama's name became attached to it, it became toxic. NOt only because of hostility towards Obama, but because the whole thing became real to people who weren't buying insurance because they felt they didn't need it.

Romney doesn't have nearly the baggage of Newt. He is the only GOP candidate that has a chance of defeating Obama...but go ahead GOP and nominate Newt....:badgrin:

You guys keep blurting that out... but then you get on here and defend ROmney and attack Newt.

I think it's the definition of a "Frenemy".

If you guys sincerely believed Romney was the stronger candidate, you'd be on here every day attacking him. But instead you attack everyone else. Now why is that?

Because you do it for them?

Your whacky cult started this with me in 1983.... I'm just finishing a fight you started.

He's subliminally going after Gingrich on social issues w/ this ad:

That's stupid... does he really want a discussion about Mormon Stepford wives like his?

On a serious note, 50% of marriages end in divorce and 60% of people cheat on a marriage at least once. Does he really think this "holier than thou" shit is going to fly with anyone?

Newt would probably get more sympathy, because most guys have been there.

Last edited:
His words and movements are very calculated and robotic, Not sure anyone has ever seen the real Mitt Romney if he even exists anymore.

Funny. I don't see that at all.

I think the Real Mitt Romney is the one that closed down his business to help find a former partner's missing daughter.

I think this is the real Mitt Romney:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz119eIuz2U]Mitt Romney - Job Creator ? - YouTube[/ame]

But then that doesn't explain the huge surge behind Newt who was one of the driving forces behind the personal mandate that Romneycare was built on.

The force behind Newt is a bunch of dumb ass Big Government Neocons that hop from candidate to candidate... Hell, most of them liked Cain and when asked they couldn't tell you why they supported him. Now the same is true with Newt, most have no clue why they like Newt other than they can't wait to see him debate Obama..........

This election could very well turn out worse for Republicans than McCain VS Obama. It seems there is a massive love hate relationship with Newt in the party, the haters don’t like Newt because of many of his positions and policies he helped pass, the fanboyz just want to beat Obama… Pretty weak stuff for an election imo.

I think we can all agree that Obama is a failed and wrong track President and just about any choice is an improvement, Mitt, Newt are vastly superior options..

Last edited:

The force behind Newt is a bunch of dumb ass Big Government Neocons that hop from candidate to candidate... Hell, most of them liked Cain and when asked they couldn't tell you why they supported him. Now the same is true with Newt, most have no clue why they like Newt other than they can't wait to see him debate Obama..........

This election could very well turn out worse for Republicans than McCain VS Obama. It seems there is a massive love hate relationship with Newt in the party, the haters don’t like Newt because of many of his positions and policies he helped pass, the fanboyz just want to beat Obama… Pretty weak stuff for an election imo.

exactly. I cannot believe some of the conservatives who claim they support the Constitution but also support newt getrich

I think we can all agree that Obama is a failed and wrong track President and just about choice is an improvement, Mitt, Newt are vastly superior options..

I disagree on one point In my opinion Romney and Newt are mirror images of obama. But I agree obama is a failed president.

I think we can all agree that Obama is a failed and wrong track President and just about choice is an improvement, Mitt, Newt are vastly superior options..

I disagree on one point In my opinion Romney and Newt are mirror images of obama. But I agree obama is a failed president.

Clean your mirror Dude...sheesh... :lol:

Do some research on his past history. Newt is a globalist, he was for healthcare mandate long before obama was for it. Newt supported the Brady bill.

It seems as though pundits are discussing Romney's "ceiling" on a daily basis. That he cannot seem to get much above a 25% approval rating anywhere but in N.H.

It could be his "flip-flopping" or or his actions as Governor of a "liberal" state................but all the other candidates have issues that are at least as damning.

It could be his religion.......but bigots don't make up 75% of the GOP.

I think it may be due to his body language and tone of voice. Much like McCain ( who has a good reason ) the dude has a very rigid way of moving. He can't seem to turn his head without turning his torso.....and his arms are always positioned like one of the "Jersey Shore" cast members.......as if he just came from a power-lifting session. I'd pay a fair sum to watch this stiff try to dance.

His voice is best described as "a whiney sing-song" tone. With every word he seems to be pleading with the listener to give him a sign of approval/agreement.

Anyone agree?

Do you realize that the only thing that Romney has changed his position on is abortion, that's it, yet he is painted as some flip flopper. People do not read or do their own research anymore and they buy into one-liners and those one- liners are nothing more than a repeat of the one-liner they heard on the other station.

It's sad, but the media has it all wrong and they are force feeding it to a public that is too lazy to do their own research.

Do some research on his past history. Newt is a globalist, he was for healthcare mandate long before obama was for it. Newt supported the Brady bill.

Great, finally someone who does do their own research, you are correct on Newt. He was for a mandate before Mitt was for it.

All Newt has to do is just apologize and he is forgiven and he moves on. But he can flip and flop around and do it in one speech and no one calls him on it. That 1.2 million that he was paid by Freddie Mac, makes me very suspicious, you can't tell me that Freddie Mac paid him to give them a history lesson, he was lobbying whether he was doing it in person or not, he was lobbying for Freddie Mac. Anyone who thinks different is extremely naive.

It seems as though pundits are discussing Romney's "ceiling" on a daily basis. That he cannot seem to get much above a 25% approval rating anywhere but in N.H.

It could be his "flip-flopping" or or his actions as Governor of a "liberal" state................but all the other candidates have issues that are at least as damning.

It could be his religion.......but bigots don't make up 75% of the GOP.

I think it may be due to his body language and tone of voice. Much like McCain ( who has a good reason ) the dude has a very rigid way of moving. He can't seem to turn his head without turning his torso.....and his arms are always positioned like one of the "Jersey Shore" cast members.......as if he just came from a power-lifting session. I'd pay a fair sum to watch this stiff try to dance.

His voice is best described as "a whiney sing-song" tone. With every word he seems to be pleading with the listener to give him a sign of approval/agreement.

Anyone agree?

Do you realize that the only thing that Romney has changed his position on is abortion, that's it, yet he is painted as some flip flopper. People do not read or do their own research anymore and they buy into one-liners and those one- liners are nothing more than a repeat of the one-liner they heard on the other station.

It's sad, but the media has it all wrong and they are force feeding it to a public that is too lazy to do their own research.

Arrogant fuck.

You can claim to be a more astute consumer of political news and punditry if it makes you feel better.......but there are plenty of us here who are sufficiently informed. Romney's reputation as a guy who panders to the audience of the moment and whose stance on issues is less than firm is fairly well deserved.

His words and movements are very calculated and robotic, Not sure anyone has ever seen the real Mitt Romney if he even exists anymore.

Funny. I don't see that at all.

I think the Real Mitt Romney is the one that closed down his business to help find a former partner's missing daughter.

Yup. That's who he is. Someone who will do anything for a rich guy.

My question is, would he have shut down his whole company to find the missing daughter of an AmPad employee. Or would he just give that guy a pink slip in order to stuff his own pockets.

6a00d83451b48269e2015436341393970c-450wi

"I look like the guy you work with. Romney looks like the guy who lays you off." - Mike Huckabee.

Why do you keep repeating this lie?

Romney has changed his position on nearly every issue.

Give you one recent example. Romney was all for an auto bailout when he needed to Win Michigan to stay in the 2008 race for another couple of weeks.

Then when Obama actually did an auto-bailout, he was against it because Republicans were against it because Obama did it.

Honestly, almost the whole field is strewn with the same old same old and that is not going to cut it.

Great, finally someone who does do their own research, you are correct on Newt. He was for a mandate before Mitt was for it.

All Newt has to do is just apologize and he is forgiven and he moves on. But he can flip and flop around and do it in one speech and no one calls him on it. That 1.2 million that he was paid by Freddie Mac, makes me very suspicious, you can't tell me that Freddie Mac paid him to give them a history lesson, he was lobbying whether he was doing it in person or not, he was lobbying for Freddie Mac. Anyone who thinks different is extremely naive.

The same way I did with obama I started doing my research on him in 2004, when for 6 weeks I was in the drunken haze of his 2004 DNC speech. Then those little questions I had started hitting dead ends and they have not been answered yet, and leaves me with one question what is obama hiding. Newt on the other hand is much easier to research. I just cannot understand how anybody claiming to be a Conservative could support Newt, however I understand why they will. But that is the wrong reason.
Newt is a Globalist
Newt supported mandated healthcare
Newt is supports energy tax
Newt support the Brady bill
Newt is a big government man

Forum List

Back