Romney

Do some research on his past history. Newt is a globalist, he was for healthcare mandate long before obama was for it. Newt supported the Brady bill.

Great, finally someone who does do their own research, you are correct on Newt. He was for a mandate before Mitt was for it.

All Newt has to do is just apologize and he is forgiven and he moves on. But he can flip and flop around and do it in one speech and no one calls him on it. That 1.2 million that he was paid by Freddie Mac, makes me very suspicious, you can't tell me that Freddie Mac paid him to give them a history lesson, he was lobbying whether he was doing it in person or not, he was lobbying for Freddie Mac. Anyone who thinks different is extremely naive.

The same way I did with obama I started doing my research on him in 2004, when for 6 weeks I was in the drunken haze of his 2004 DNC speech. Then those little questions I had started hitting dead ends and they have not been answered yet, and leaves me with one question what is obama hiding. Newt on the other hand is much easier to research. I just cannot understand how anybody claiming to be a Conservative could support Newt, however I understand why they will. But that is the wrong reason.
Newt is a Globalist
Newt supported mandated healthcare
Newt is supports energy tax
Newt support the Brady bill
Newt is a big government man

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

His words and movements are very calculated and robotic, Not sure anyone has ever seen the real Mitt Romney if he even exists anymore.

He's sorta been showing it lately. His hair is even been mussed.

He's had a couple of pretty disasterous weeks. Even bowing out of the Trump thing, which should have shown some spine, got cut at the knees when he started apologizing.

I got this unsolicited text from a right leaning, moderate buddy of mine last night:

"I haven't paid much attention to him, but Mitt Romney seems like the kind of guy even white people don't trust"

It seems as though pundits are discussing Romney's "ceiling" on a daily basis. That he cannot seem to get much above a 25% approval rating anywhere but in N.H.

It could be his "flip-flopping" or or his actions as Governor of a "liberal" state................but all the other candidates have issues that are at least as damning.

It could be his religion.......but bigots don't make up 75% of the GOP.

I think it may be due to his body language and tone of voice. Much like McCain ( who has a good reason ) the dude has a very rigid way of moving. He can't seem to turn his head without turning his torso.....and his arms are always positioned like one of the "Jersey Shore" cast members.......as if he just came from a power-lifting session. I'd pay a fair sum to watch this stiff try to dance.

His voice is best described as "a whiney sing-song" tone. With every word he seems to be pleading with the listener to give him a sign of approval/agreement.

Anyone agree?

Do you realize that the only thing that Romney has changed his position on is abortion, that's it, yet he is painted as some flip flopper. People do not read or do their own research anymore and they buy into one-liners and those one- liners are nothing more than a repeat of the one-liner they heard on the other station.

It's sad, but the media has it all wrong and they are force feeding it to a public that is too lazy to do their own research.

Yes Romney has changed his views on many issues that he was supportive of years ago.
BTW: People if you can support obama, perry, romney, or newt, you will be and are supporting 4 more years of the same old shit.

Last edited:
Big Reb.... Ron Paul is still crazy.

Complaining about everyone else will not make him less crazy.

You only see him as crazy because you are so used to a world that has ignored and stomped all over the constitution. His ideas are some of the least crazy in Washington yet because he is the only one that speaks any sense he is labeled as crazy. Is freedom such a terrible thing for you?

You only see him as crazy because you are so used to a world that has ignored and stomped all over the constitution. His ideas are some of the least crazy in Washington yet because he is the only one that speaks any sense he is labeled as crazy. Is freedom such a terrible thing for you?

Last time I checked, the Constitution wasn't written on stone tablets engraved by God.

It's a operating document, supported by thousands of laws passed under the rubric of it's own structure.

We have the same stuctures every other advanced industrial democracy has, because we need them. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is how to run them more efficiently and to what effect.

I want the EPA keeping the water clean, and I don't want it abolished because some crazy person says, "Not in the Constitution!"

I disagree on one point In my opinion Romney and Newt are mirror images of obama. But I agree obama is a failed president.

Clean your mirror Dude...sheesh... :lol:

Do some research on his past history. Newt is a globalist, he was for healthcare mandate long before obama was for it. Newt supported the Brady bill.

Newt as well as others have learned from their mistakes, I believe. Most of us have learned a lesson from 2008.

Clean your mirror Dude...sheesh... :lol:

Newt as well as others have learned from their mistakes, I believe. Most of us have learned a lesson from 2008.

What exactly have they learned and what caused them to learn? That's a bunch of horseshit.

Last time I checked, the Constitution wasn't written on stone tablets engraved by God.

It's a operating document, supported by thousands of laws passed under the rubric of it's own structure.

We have the same stuctures every other advanced industrial democracy has, because we need them. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is how to run them more efficiently and to what effect.

I want the EPA keeping the water clean, and I don't want it abolished because some crazy person says, "Not in the Constitution!"

Bullshit don't use trigger words like democracy when talking about the Constitution or you will get nail as a liberal.

What exactly have they learned and what caused them to learn? That's a bunch of horseshit.

Well ... for one thing, a lot of people learned that pretty speech doesn't go very far in making up for lack of experience.

Well ... for one thing, a lot of people learned that pretty speech doesn't go very far in making up for lack of experience.

I'm talking about newt and romney what have they learned to make them change their points of views from Statist to conservatives?

It seems as though pundits are discussing Romney's "ceiling" on a daily basis. That he cannot seem to get much above a 25% approval rating anywhere but in N.H.

It could be his "flip-flopping" or or his actions as Governor of a "liberal" state................but all the other candidates have issues that are at least as damning.

I think it may be due to his body language and tone of voice. Much like McCain ( who has a good reason ) the dude has a very rigid way of moving. He can't seem to turn his head without turning his torso.....and his arms are always positioned like one of the "Jersey Shore" cast members.......as if he just came from a power-lifting session. I'd pay a fair sum to watch this stiff try to dance.

His voice is best described as "a whiney sing-song" tone. With every word he seems to be pleading with the listener to give him a sign of approval/agreement.

Anyone agree?

This post is interesting for I have felt the same about another candidate but thought it was too petty to bring up.

But I have similar dislikes about Paul and his whining. It just has been hard for me to take him seriously and I could only think of of hearing his whining for four years. For this reason, I haven't given him much of a chance, but these things do make the person and could be turning more people off unfairly.

Bullshit don't use trigger words like democracy when talking about the Constitution or you will get nail as a liberal.

Guy, I get called "liberal" by the wingnuts and "conservative" by the moonbats, and I truly do not give a shit. I consider being reviled by the fringes a badge of honor, because it shows I'm actually thinking about thing and not reacting in a knee-jerk fashion.

The constitution is not Holy Writ. It's a basic set of instructions written by slaveholders who didn't want to pay their taxes. the rest of us just figure out a way to muddle through.

My post and your post assumes something neither of us know. We cannot read their true minds and hearts.

I am basing my knowledge from reading the solutions that Gingrich has for the country. But if he carried out most of the issues he has discussed, we would have a better economy, Congress, leader and most of all a bold, decisive man in the WH.

He has been hurt in the past for unwise political moves, but his resume still remains outstanding to me. I think he could be a uniter and not the devisive leader we have today.

I could care less about his marriages.

Anyone agree?

This post is interesting for I have felt the same about another candidate but thought it was too petty to bring up.

But I have similar dislikes about Paul and his whining. It just has been hard for me to take him seriously and I could only think of of hearing his whining for four years. For this reason, I haven't given him much of a chance, but these things do make the person and could be turning more people off unfairly.

You need to wake the fuck up if you think Romney perry or newt will be good for America. I guess you want 4 more years of the same old shit we have been having for the last 25 years?

Wanting the EPA keeping the water clean is fine. I want that too. However, the EPA is far too busy creating random and mostly worthless, costly and inefficient regulations that is has no business doing. Defending them does not help the situation. Restructuring the entire system is what's needed. He is actually talking about changing things. Everyone else tip toes around doing the exact same failures that have been done for decades. I do not want his entire vision to come true but I do want him as president because he can work towards his goals while congress will be forced to meet him somewhere in the middle.

Wanting the EPA keeping the water clean is fine. I want that too. However, the EPA is far too busy creating random and mostly worthless, costly and inefficient regulations that is has no business doing. Defending them does not help the situation. Restructuring the entire system is what's needed. He is actually talking about changing things. Everyone else tip toes around doing the exact same failures that have been done for decades. I do not want his entire vision to come true but I do want him as president because he can work towards his goals while congress will be forced to meet him somewhere in the middle.

Again, I don't want a crazy person changing things.

If by some queer chance of fate, Paul became President, he'd have no constituency in Congress. Republicans hate him, Democrats think he's a joke...

Forum List

Back