Romney

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
It seems as though pundits are discussing Romney's "ceiling" on a daily basis. That he cannot seem to get much above a 25% approval rating anywhere but in N.H.

It could be his "flip-flopping" or or his actions as Governor of a "liberal" state................but all the other candidates have issues that are at least as damning.

It could be his religion.......but bigots don't make up 75% of the GOP.

I think it may be due to his body language and tone of voice. Much like McCain ( who has a good reason ) the dude has a very rigid way of moving. He can't seem to turn his head without turning his torso.....and his arms are always positioned like one of the "Jersey Shore" cast members.......as if he just came from a power-lifting session. I'd pay a fair sum to watch this stiff try to dance.

His voice is best described as "a whiney sing-song" tone. With every word he seems to be pleading with the listener to give him a sign of approval/agreement.

Anyone agree?

His words and movements are very calculated and robotic, Not sure anyone has ever seen the real Mitt Romney if he even exists anymore.

I agree that body language and speaking play an important role. In some of the handful of debates I've half-assed watched he's had moments where he came across as arrogant or condescending--but Newtie has that too. And yeah sometimes he looked like a robot with hemorrhoids--but again, Newtie.

But imo this is less important than his governorship. Herman Cain had women in his past he had to run from; Romney has his former self. For him I think it's less about tone, word choice, and posture--more about a lot of people in the GOP just not trusting what he says today because it doesn't square with what he's done. And actions speak louder than words, especially since he's trying to appeal to a segment of the electorate that already has a severely strong mistrust of NE pols, that they're not "real" Republicans to begin with.

His words and movements are very calculated and robotic, Not sure anyone has ever seen the real Mitt Romney if he even exists anymore.

Funny. I don't see that at all.

I think the Real Mitt Romney is the one that closed down his business to help find a former partner's missing daughter.

I agree that body language and speaking play an important role. In some of the handful of debates I've half-assed watched he's had moments where he came across as arrogant or condescending--but Newtie has that too. And yeah sometimes he looked like a robot with hemorrhoids--but again, Newtie.

But imo this is less important than his governorship. Herman Cain had women in his past he had to run from; Romney has his former self. For him I think it's less about tone, word choice, and posture--more about a lot of people in the GOP just not trusting what he says today because it doesn't square with what he's done. And actions speak louder than words, especially since he's trying to appeal to a segment of the electorate that already has a severely strong mistrust of NE pols, that they're not "real" Republicans to begin with.

I have alot easier time trusting Romney than Newt.

Course they are both much more trustworthy than Obama. But then that's rather a low bar.

He's one energetic Dude.. He's like the energy bunny fully charged..That tends to make people nervous in my experience..Although, in a President that would be a desirable characteristic in these times..

Perhaps he also tries to hard to be pleasing and do and what his handlers tell him to do...

I'm thinking he'd be better off being himself, I hear he's quite a nice fellow one on one..

He's one energetic Dude.. He's like the energy bunny fully charged..That tends to make people nervous in my experience..Although, in a President that would be a desirable characteristic in these times..

Perhaps he also tries to hard to be pleasing and do and what his handlers tell him to do...

I'm thinking he'd be better off being himself, I hear he's quite a nice fellow one on one..

I think he has been himself for the most part.

It seems as though pundits are discussing Romney's "ceiling" on a daily basis. That he cannot seem to get much above a 25% approval rating anywhere but in N.H.

It could be his "flip-flopping" or or his actions as Governor of a "liberal" state................but all the other candidates have issues that are at least as damning.

I think it may be due to his body language and tone of voice. Much like McCain ( who has a good reason ) the dude has a very rigid way of moving. He can't seem to turn his head without turning his torso.....and his arms are always positioned like one of the "Jersey Shore" cast members.......as if he just came from a power-lifting session. I'd pay a fair sum to watch this stiff try to dance.

His voice is best described as "a whiney sing-song" tone. With every word he seems to be pleading with the listener to give him a sign of approval/agreement.

Anyone agree?
I'm no fan of Mr Romney,
Your astute analysis of his political position is quite telling. You'd make a fine pundit for the liberal media.
Just saying.....

Anyone agree?
I'm no fan of Mr Romney,
Your astute analysis of his political position is quite telling. You'd make a fine pundit for the liberal media.
Just saying.....

You know anyone who's signing checks? Hook me up.

I have alot easier time trusting Romney than Newt.

Course they are both much more trustworthy than Obama. But then that's rather a low bar.

Gingrich is the low bar; Romney can’t be trusted as president because he’s too weak to stand up to the rightist GOP party bosses with regard to appointments. Romney would be another figurehead like GWB with a Cheney-type running things behind the scenes. We’d end up with much of the old GWB crowd back in the WH.

Last edited:
It could be Romneycare but that's just a conservative guess

But then that doesn't explain the huge surge behind Newt who was one of the driving forces behind the personal mandate that Romneycare was built on.

I am not a fan or supporter of those two rinos. maybe all conservatives should rethink their support of either. If you are wanting a Republican to be in the White House just tell yourself obama is one since he's still doing the same thing George Bush did. Either three will be bad for America.

Last edited:

Anyone agree?
I'm no fan of Mr Romney,
Just saying.....

You know anyone who's signing checks? Hook me up.

I can see it's easier for you to comment on personal issues as opposed to political issues, sorta like a media pundit commenting on supposed conservatives.
Kerry on.

Anyone agree?

Romney doesn't have nearly the baggage of Newt. He is the only GOP candidate that has a chance of defeating Obama...but go ahead GOP and nominate Newt....:badgrin:

Anyone agree?

Romney doesn't have nearly the baggage of Newt. He is the only GOP candidate that has a chance of defeating Obama...but go ahead GOP and nominate Newt....:badgrin:

Actually, i still think almost any of the candidates could beat Obama.

Anyone agree?

I don't consider it to be bigotry when you call him on his ridiculous beliefs, just because he calls his silly beliefs a religion. Silly beliefs are silly beliefs. And until he tells me he doesn't think his underwear is magic and he doesn't believe that he thinks a pedophile con man Named Joseph Smith was talking to God, I'll have to assume his beliefs are silly.

I think there are a lot of other reasons why Republicans don't support him, beyond the very sensible point of his batshit crazy religion.

How about the fact that he seems to hold no real sincere political beliefs. Most Conservatives think that his mouthing of conservative issues is no more sincere than when he claimed to be liberal when running against Ted Kennedy.

Or that he talks out of both sides of his mouth on issues.

I also think his sleazy business practices are a factor. This is a guy who got rich screwing over working folks, and most Republicans are working folks, not millionaires. You may whine about the 1%, but there's still the 49% beyond that reliably vote Republican.

I think it is also elitism. Most of our successful presidents have been guys from humble beginnings. Oh, we elect the occassional Bush or Kennedy, but mostly, we want self-made men. Yes, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Obama all got rich later in life, but they stated out humbly, and that's what Americans really want. They want the guy down the street, not the guy in the mansion.

You guys keep blurting that out... but then you get on here and defend ROmney and attack Newt.

I think it's the definition of a "Frenemy".

If you guys sincerely believed Romney was the stronger candidate, you'd be on here every day attacking him. But instead you attack everyone else. Now why is that?

You guys keep blurting that out... but then you get on here and defend ROmney and attack Newt.

I think it's the definition of a "Frenemy".

If you guys sincerely believed Romney was the stronger candidate, you'd be on here every day attacking him. But instead you attack everyone else. Now why is that?

Because you do it for them?

Forum List

Back