Romney Solution: Just Borrow Money from Parents

Did you miss the part of the chart that said the source data was from CBO

Anyone can put together an 'analysis' to suit their agenda pulling random numbers from source data.

Do better next time and you won't come across looking so ridiculous.

Your link to Heritage doesn't challenge the numbers. They just wanted to divert attention from the Bush discretionary spending to non-discretionary spending, like Social Security and Medicare. The numbers are not in dispute.

Maybe you should apply some critical thinking before posting a joke of a rebuttal next time, Snipe.

Anyone can put together an 'analysis' to suit their agenda pulling random numbers from source data.

Do better next time and you won't come across looking so ridiculous.

Your link to Heritage doesn't challenge the numbers.

You said it was a CBO analysis. You lied and got hammered.

Sucks to be you.

No liar. I said that CBO was the source. No one has disputed the numbers. Heritage just preferred to spin them differently by comparing discretionary spending to non-discretionary spending. That was pretty low of that Scaife funded cesspool.

But tell us, Dick Suck.

Restoring that 1%ers share of the 'Bush tax cut' accounts for how much of the deficit?

The 11 hours of government spending Obama plans to capture with implentation of the 'Buffet Rule'?

Give us some real numbers.

This is fun.

bump

Already answered, Snipe.

chart-of-the-day-bush-policies-deficits-june-2010.jpg

But tell us, Dick Suck.

Restoring that 1%ers share of the 'Bush tax cut' accounts for how much of the deficit?

The 11 hours of government spending Obama plans to capture with implentation of the 'Buffet Rule'?

Give us some real numbers.

This is fun.

bump

Already answered, Snipe.

Really? Let's explore.

Is it your contention that all of the 'Bush tax cuts' went to the top 1% of income earners?

George Romney and Ronald Reagan and other prominent Republicans benefited greatly from the New Deal.

Romney worked within the National Recovery Act, which was basically a massive private-public partnership to set fairer standards as well as pricing. This landed him the opportunity to lead ALCOA and to do well as a lobbyist in Washington.

Without the New Deal, I highly doubt we would have ever heard of these two men. Reagan's dad benefited from getting a job from the Public Works Administration, which was set up to get America back to work. The job his father got afforded him to send Ronald Reagan out to California and the rest is history.

Like many families at the time of the depression, the Romney's failed in business more than once and it was only when the New Deal policies came about that millions of Americans got the chance to pull themselves up and do for themselves and their families again.

Against Goldwater in 1964, one of the key differences was that Romney did not want to roll back New Deal policies while Goldwater wanted a repeal of the whole darned thing.
okay
college students loans weren't their during the depression time dumbfauk vs today.....to totally dif situations moron
maybe you can communicate that info instead of talking about it now

you are misquoting history dumbass..opines are like assholes and everone has one... and you know it but carry your delussion..today vs present...

You'll have to let me know how I was misquoting history.

There weren't college loans in the time of the Great Depression, that's true, but there was a thing called the National Recovery Act, which George Romney along with millions of other people benefited from. It was public-private stimulus that allowed him to get a job, and not the invention that somehow he made and saved money selling paint out of the back of his truck.

I would discuss with you more, but you appear to be retarded.

I'm curious as to what you base your claim that it was the National Recovery Act that George Romney benefited from in the way of a job? Wasn't he working for Alcoa Aluminum prior to becoming a spokesman for the Automobile Association? I believe, unless I'm mistaken that, he was briefly on the Trade Association Advisory Committee to the National Recovery Administration but that was at the same time he was holding the job at Alcoa. You make it sound like FDR's New Deal "saved" George Romney...and that's rather amusing, frankly.

Without pasting your bogus map again, DS, give us the numbers.

Back up your claim.

You said it was a CBO analysis. You lied and got hammered.

Sucks to be you.

No liar. I said that CBO was the source.

dance monkey dance. You said it was a CBO analysis. Here is your quote from post #22:

Yes. The Bush Deficits and CBO analysis.

CBO did the analysis to arrive at the baseline numbers. The baseline numbers aren't in dispute. Heritage didn't dispute them. You tried to claim the numbers were cooked, and Heritage proved it. It shows you're just a liar, Snipe.

Back up your claim.

They're not my numbers. They were determined by the Congressional Budget Office. Ask them for their numbers, or show me some proof that those numbers were false. So far, you fail, and just show what a liar you are.

Back up your claim.

They're not my numbers. They were determined by the Congressional Budget Office.

Give us the numbers for the 'Bush Tax Cuts' to the '1%ers' which are driving the deficits.

Do you not know your subject matter, or are you demanding I go make your argument for you?

Do you even know how much of the 'Bush Tax Cuts' went to the '1%ers' versus the working class, moron?

Again, Willard's comments just show how out of touch he is with the reality of most Americans...

according to a new poll by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. The poll states that a whopping 64 percent of Americans don’t have $1,000 in reserves if they need it for an unexpected bill.

Poll finds most Americans have little savings

That is true. This system doesn't reward saving and people like my parents who lived through the Great Depression and tried to always have something for a rainy day are all about gone now. The boomers were a 'live for the moment' generation, most themselves going to school on government money, having their parents cared for by the states, and never had any real responsibility beyond the current meal they were eating. So no surprises there.

Most of my friends think I'm a fool becaue I paid for my own and my children's education myself. But that is one thing about my life of which I am most proud. And I still managed to plan for retirement. Even if SS collapses, I will be able to live. Time won't fly and I won't have fun, but I won't starve. When I got sick and the doctors thought I would not rally, my children were rearranging their lives to take me in and care for me even though they could have dumped me off in some nursing home. What goes around comes around.

Again, Willard's comments just show how out of touch he is with the reality of most Americans...

according to a new poll by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. The poll states that a whopping 64 percent of Americans don’t have $1,000 in reserves if they need it for an unexpected bill.

That is true. This system doesn't reward saving and people like my parents who lived through the Great Depression and tried to always have something for a rainy day are all about gone now. The boomers were a 'live for the moment' generation, most themselves going to school on government money, having their parents cared for by the states, and never had any real responsibility beyond the current meal they were eating. So no surprises there.

Most of my friends think I'm a fool becaue I paid for my own and my children's education myself. But that is one thing about my life of which I am most proud. And I still managed to plan for retirement. Even if SS collapses, I will be able to live. Time won't fly and I won't have fun, but I won't starve. When I got sick and the doctors thought I would not rally, my children were rearranging their lives to take me in and care for me even though they could have dumped me off in some nursing home. What goes around comes around.

Right...it's all the "government's fault" that wages for us 99%ers have remained stagnant for the last few decades. Can't have anything do with the fact that the middle class share of the country's wealth is all but gone. So much easier to blame the "gubmit".

Right...it's all the "government's fault" that wages for us 99%ers have remained stagnant for the last few decades. Can't have anything do with the fact that the middle class share of the country's wealth is all but gone. So much easier to blame the "gubmit".

I don't think so many 99%ers would be broke if they had had to at least pay their own way with regard to educating their children and caring for their parents. Most of my friends planned to inherit from their parents but so they didn't bother saving anything. When I was working my ass off they were doing all kinds of cool things. Some did inherit. But with most, mom and dad had to have skilled care and it took all their money and then some. So then the government swooped in and took all their assets to pay back what Medicare had paid for those skilled care facilities. If those people had even half way planned for the care of their parents they would have inherited something and in most cases more than paying a nurse to come in to do the skilled care would have cost. They are all fools, spending and playing, and making no plans for contingencies. Just like you and your ilk.

In any case, Mitt Romney's statement appears ignorant of a statement I much prefer, which goes something like, "Give your kids enough money to do something, but not enough to do nothing".

How do you possibly get that out of his statement to start a business?? Are you off your meds?

I didn't get that out of his statement to start a business. I was expressing my point of view on what kind of spending parents who have money should do on their kids, whereas what Romney was saying is, "Just get your folks to subsidize you, not the gov't", which basically means the same thing.

Except he isnt' saying to get folks to subsidize you. He's saying borrow (note the term) money from family to start a business. Which is how most businesses do get started.
Do you not understand English?

Are you still earning the same wage you did 20 years ago? Really?
Your facts are wrong, and your interpretations are stupid.

Are you still earning the same wage you did 20 years ago? Really?
Your facts are wrong, and your interpretations are stupid.

Found your 15 minutes of fame yet? :lol:

Forum List

Back