Romney Solution: Just Borrow Money from Parents

sfcalifornia

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2011
Saying the economy is recovering, Romney encourages young Americans to take economic risks - The Washington Post

“We’ve always encouraged young people — take a shot, go for it, take a risk and get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business.”

Sage advice Romney. But tell us, who do 99% of our parents borrow the money from, since they don't have any either?

Oh, and thanks for admitting the economy is recovering. I thought your campaign platform was contingent on the economy not recovering. We can always count on you for a flip-flop.

Saying the economy is recovering, Romney encourages young Americans to take economic risks - The Washington Post

“We’ve always encouraged young people — take a shot, go for it, take a risk and get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business.”

Sage advice Romney. But tell us, who do 99% of our parents borrow the money from, since they don't have any either?

Oh, and thanks for admitting the economy is recovering. I thought your campaign platform was contingent on the economy not recovering. We can always count on you for a flip-flop.

Well, considering the government put a cap on the number of small business loans banks can make, I guess borrowing from family is the only option. Why would they do that when it hurts the average person? We need to get small businesses going because that is how we create jobs, something this administration isn't all too interested in.

The best thing parents can do for their children is to secure their own future. A lot of people my age didn't do that because the boomers are a 'live for the moment' generation.

I paid for my children to go to college. Given the straits this country is in right now, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if the government did away with ALL student aid, and if the only financial assistance out there were to be for students who excel. I don't agree with pissing government money away on 'C' students, and God knows, I've seen my share of it.

Does he state anywhere that parents withut means MUST comply?
“Only someone who paid for college by selling stock given to him by his CEO father would just casually assume students could go borrow $20,000 from their parents to deal with the economic challenges they face,” said Joshua Dorner, a spokesman for the Center for American Progress Action Fund.

This is more Class Warfare shit.

Romney's father came from NOTHING on his terms because HE had the liberty to do so...and COULD give his son that which he worked hard to provide his prodginy.

The OP is an idiot folks.

Nothing but Class Warfare to see here. Move along.:eusa_hand:

Well, it worked for him.
And it worked for his kids.

Can't you just see it?

"Hey dad - I need a $half-mil to go to college."

"Sure kid, bottom left hand drawer of my desk."

Mitt just can't help himself. Listen to what he says. Constant insults and put-downs. Always the smug and condescending look down his nose like he can't wait to wash his hands. He never misses a change to tell us that he's loaded, that he's better than us and that he's looking forward to having us work for him and the rest of the One Percenters.

One thing I've noticed in all his flip flops and lies is the one thing that never changes is his plan to steal from the poor and give to the rich.

"corporations are people, my friends" Remember when your skin itched every time McCain said, "my friends" because you just knew he was lying. That's the feeling you should be getting when Mittens The Puppet tells us about his "friends, the corporations" with the names, Norquist, Rove, Koch ...

Well, the one thing Mr Etch A Sketch is not lying about is what he has said about is raising taxes on the rest of us so he can give a 4 times bigger tax break to his cronies.

Nothing but Class Warfare to see here.

Yep, you're right.
And, its the middle/working/poor class that is losing.

Here we go again with rw's telling us why we should vote against ourselves and our families.

WAKE UP.
Turn off fux and lush and the others who work FOR the 1%.

(That is, unless YOU are part of the 1%.)

Obama solution. Just borrow money from grandkids.

Bull SHIT.

The Current ReaganBush Debt is:
$14,699,104,542,644.30
which means that in a total of 20 years,
these three presidents have led to the creation of
94.02%
of the entire national debt
in only 8.4746% of the 236 years of the existence of the United States of America.

ReaganBushDebt.org

Well, it worked for him.

Can't you just see it?

Mitt just can't help himself. Listen to what he says. Constant insults and put-downs. Always the smug and condescending look down his nose like he can't wait to wash his hands. He never misses a change to tell us that he's loaded, that he's better than us and that he's looking forward to having us work for him and the rest of the One Percenters.

One thing I've noticed in all his flip flops and lies is the one thing that never changes is his plan to steal from the poor and give to the rich.

"corporations are people, my friends" Remember when your skin itched every time McCain said, "my friends" because you just knew he was lying. That's the feeling you should be getting when Mittens The Puppet tells us about his "friends, the corporations" with the names, Norquist, Rove, Koch ...

Well, the one thing Mr Etch A Sketch is not lying about is what he has said about is raising taxes on the rest of us so he can give a 4 times bigger tax break to his cronies.

You have a seriuos inferiority complex. That's unusual in one who lives on welfare as you do.

Well, it worked for him.

Can't you just see it?

You have a seriuos inferiority complex. That's unusual in one who lives on welfare as you do.

Funny because I was just going to post that I agreed with your post and that its what we did.

Its incredibly stupid to say someone lives on welfare, as you rw's are wont to do, when you don't have a friggin clue what you're talking about.

Oh yeah, that's right - You don't have a friggin clue what you're talking about. That's why you're called "rw".

Groups
Nothing but Class Warfare to see here.

Yep, you're right.
And, its the middle/working/poor class that is losing.

Here we go again with rw's telling us why we should vote against ourselves and our families.

WAKE UP.
Turn off fux and lush and the others who work FOR the 1%.

(That is, unless YOU are part of the 1%.)

I took the liberty of highlighting your PROBLEM. And WHY you fail.

How about Individual Americans?

Ever occur to you? MOST Americans I know resent being lum-ped into GROUPS and being exploited as YOU are doing here.

*Bad Form* Nerdite. Bad Monkey.

Go back and ask your masters for a solution, shall you?

He's flip flopped on that position..now he agrees with Obama..

But give it time..he'll flip flop again.

Well, considering the government put a cap on the number of small business loans banks can make, I guess borrowing from family is the only option. Why would they do that when it hurts the average person? We need to get small businesses going because that is how we create jobs, something this administration isn't all too interested in.

Perhaps but how can parents lend money to their kids when they don't have it either these days?

The point is, Romney seems oblivious to that fact, somehow thinking all parents have unlimited funds....... Not a very realistic thing to say when trying to identify with the other 99% of the American population.

Does he state anywhere that parents withut means MUST comply?
“Only someone who paid for college by selling stock given to him by his CEO father would just casually assume students could go borrow $20,000 from their parents to deal with the economic challenges they face,” said Joshua Dorner, a spokesman for the Center for American Progress Action Fund.

This is more Class Warfare shit.

Romney's father came from NOTHING on his terms because HE had the liberty to do so...and COULD give his son that which he worked hard to provide his prodginy.

The OP is an idiot folks.

Nothing but Class Warfare to see here. Move along.:eusa_hand:

Did you mean prodigy?

Or did you mean progeny?

LOL

And you're the one calling me an idiot!:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Einstein, that's great that Romney Sr. came from nothing, made a fortune for himself and was able to help his kids out. Wonderful. No one is knocking that.

But for Romney Jr. to suggest to college students who's parents don't have a pot to piss in should do the same is showing a complete lack of awareness of what 99% of parents must go through to make ends meet and provide for their kids in this current economy. The rest of the country doesn't operate like Romney's family does.

Last edited:
99% don't have a pot to piss in.

I know a fellow who is making decent money, is putting three kids through college and still saveing like crazy.

He certainly isn't a 1% er.

Where did this come from ?

Forum List

Back