Romney Solution: Just Borrow Money from Parents

Oh yes, the credit generation. Leverage the future for the present, it's all about the me generation isn't it?

Comments like that make RawMoney sound out of touch with most Americans. How unusual.

Republicans don't like the idea of helping low income kids work their way up. It upsets the status quo apple cart. They prefer a dumbed down people that they can more easily control.

They sure do. Who else are they going to get to work the mundane, repetitive jobs and get paid minimum wage? Besides, college is for communists..... unless the college is Ivy League of course.

Comments like that make RawMoney sound out of touch with most Americans. How unusual.

Republicans don't like the idea of helping low income kids work their way up. It upsets the status quo apple cart. They prefer a dumbed down people that they can more easily control.

They sure do. Who else are they going to get to work the mundane, repetitive jobs and get paid minimum wage? Besides, college is for communists..... unless the college is Ivy League of course.

Better than the Dums who'd rather have people on welfare than working.

George Romney and Ronald Reagan and other prominent Republicans benefited greatly from the New Deal.

Romney worked within the National Recovery Act, which was basically a massive private-public partnership to set fairer standards as well as pricing. This landed him the opportunity to lead ALCOA and to do well as a lobbyist in Washington.

Without the New Deal, I highly doubt we would have ever heard of these two men. Reagan's dad benefited from getting a job from the Public Works Administration, which was set up to get America back to work. The job his father got afforded him to send Ronald Reagan out to California and the rest is history.

Like many families at the time of the depression, the Romney's failed in business more than once and it was only when the New Deal policies came about that millions of Americans got the chance to pull themselves up and do for themselves and their families again.

Against Goldwater in 1964, one of the key differences was that Romney did not want to roll back New Deal policies while Goldwater wanted a repeal of the whole darned thing.

In any case, Mitt Romney's statement appears ignorant of a statement I much prefer, which goes something like, "Give your kids enough money to do something, but not enough to do nothing".

George Romney and Ronald Reagan and other prominent Republicans benefited greatly from the New Deal.

Romney worked within the National Recovery Act, which was basically a massive private-public partnership to set fairer standards as well as pricing. This landed him the opportunity to lead ALCOA and to do well as a lobbyist in Washington.

Without the New Deal, I highly doubt we would have ever heard of these two men. Reagan's dad benefited from getting a job from the Public Works Administration, which was set up to get America back to work. The job his father got afforded him to send Ronald Reagan out to California and the rest is history.

Like many families at the time of the depression, the Romney's failed in business more than once and it was only when the New Deal policies came about that millions of Americans got the chance to pull themselves up and do for themselves and their families again.

Against Goldwater in 1964, one of the key differences was that Romney did not want to roll back New Deal policies while Goldwater wanted a repeal of the whole darned thing.
okay
college students loans weren't their during the depression time dumbfauk vs today.....to totally dif situations moron
maybe you can communicate that info instead of talking about it now

you are misquoting history dumbass..opines are like assholes and everone has one... and you know it but carry your delussion..today vs present...

Last edited:
Well, it worked for him.
And it worked for his kids.

Can't you just see it?

"Hey dad - I need a $half-mil to go to college."

"Sure kid, bottom left hand drawer of my desk."

Mitt just can't help himself. Listen to what he says. Constant insults and put-downs. Always the smug and condescending look down his nose like he can't wait to wash his hands. He never misses a change to tell us that he's loaded, that he's better than us and that he's looking forward to having us work for him and the rest of the One Percenters.

One thing I've noticed in all his flip flops and lies is the one thing that never changes is his plan to steal from the poor and give to the rich.

"corporations are people, my friends" Remember when your skin itched every time McCain said, "my friends" because you just knew he was lying. That's the feeling you should be getting when Mittens The Puppet tells us about his "friends, the corporations" with the names, Norquist, Rove, Koch ...

Well, the one thing Mr Etch A Sketch is not lying about is what he has said about is raising taxes on the rest of us so he can give a 4 times bigger tax break to his cronies.
Sounds like your jealous that he has money. Get over it already !

In any case, Mitt Romney's statement appears ignorant of a statement I much prefer, which goes something like, "Give your kids enough money to do something, but not enough to do nothing".

How do you possibly get that out of his statement to start a business?? Are you off your meds?

Why don't these students just borrow money from their trust funds?

Romney paid for his graduate education at Harvard University, in part, by selling stock that his father — a former Michigan governor — bought for him, Ann Romney told the Boston Globe in 1994.

How do you possibly get that out of his statement to start a business?? Are you off your meds?

I didn't get that out of his statement to start a business. I was expressing my point of view on what kind of spending parents who have money should do on their kids, whereas what Romney was saying is, "Just get your folks to subsidize you, not the gov't", which basically means the same thing.

Are there people in this country who don't realize that you have to be rich and have rich friends to run for president?

The 24/7 Wall St. study shows each of the first eight presidents were worth at least $19 million, adjusted for inflation. Relatively speaking, Barack Obama is struggling to get by with a net worth of between $2.8 million and $11.8 million.

In fact, the wealthiest president appears to have been one of the nation’s most beloved Commanders in Chief and the nation’s first president, George Washington.

Multiple studies have estimated Washington’s net worth, in today’s dollars, at more than $500 million, due in large part to his Virginia plantation at Mount Vernon being so vast and so fertile.

Would Mitt Romney be the richest president ever? - The Washington Post

Sheeez.

okay
college students loans weren't their during the depression time dumbfauk vs today.....to totally dif situations moron

you are misquoting history dumbass..opines are like assholes and everone has one... and you know it but carry your delussion..today vs present...

You'll have to let me know how I was misquoting history.

There weren't college loans in the time of the Great Depression, that's true, but there was a thing called the National Recovery Act, which George Romney along with millions of other people benefited from. It was public-private stimulus that allowed him to get a job, and not the invention that somehow he made and saved money selling paint out of the back of his truck.

I would discuss with you more, but you appear to be retarded.

okay

You'll have to let me know how I was misquoting history.

There weren't college loans in the time of the Great Depression, that's true, but there was a thing called the National Recovery Act, which George Romney along with millions of other people benefited from. It was public-private stimulus that allowed him to get a job, and not the invention that somehow he made and saved money selling paint out of the back of his truck.

I would discuss with you more, but you appear to be retarded.
you mean like the current unions...postal services finance troubles...eh douchebag...to power of retard.

Saying the economy is recovering, Romney encourages young Americans to take economic risks - The Washington Post

“We’ve always encouraged young people — take a shot, go for it, take a risk and get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business.”

Sage advice Romney. But tell us, who do 99% of our parents borrow the money from, since they don't have any either?

Oh, and thanks for admitting the economy is recovering. I thought your campaign platform was contingent on the economy not recovering. We can always count on you for a flip-flop.

Well, considering the government put a cap on the number of small business loans banks can make, I guess borrowing from family is the only option. Why would they do that when it hurts the average person? We need to get small businesses going because that is how we create jobs, something this administration isn't all too interested in.
Link?

Just yesterday I read that small business loans are up.

And good for Romney, getting your parents to fund your life is the American way! If you're a Romney, at least.

Well, it worked for him.
And it worked for his kids.

Can't you just see it?

"Hey dad - I need a $half-mil to go to college."

"Sure kid, bottom left hand drawer of my desk."

Mitt just can't help himself. Listen to what he says. Constant insults and put-downs. Always the smug and condescending look down his nose like he can't wait to wash his hands. He never misses a change to tell us that he's loaded, that he's better than us and that he's looking forward to having us work for him and the rest of the One Percenters.

One thing I've noticed in all his flip flops and lies is the one thing that never changes is his plan to steal from the poor and give to the rich.

"corporations are people, my friends" Remember when your skin itched every time McCain said, "my friends" because you just knew he was lying. That's the feeling you should be getting when Mittens The Puppet tells us about his "friends, the corporations" with the names, Norquist, Rove, Koch ...

Well, the one thing Mr Etch A Sketch is not lying about is what he has said about is raising taxes on the rest of us so he can give a 4 times bigger tax break to his cronies.
Sounds like your jealous that he has money. Get over it already !

No, it sounds like Mitt doesn't think society has a responsibility to assist in the opportunity for those to get a college education, unless they have wealthy parents.

Saying the economy is recovering, Romney encourages young Americans to take economic risks - The Washington Post

“We’ve always encouraged young people — take a shot, go for it, take a risk and get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business.”

Sage advice Romney. But tell us, who do 99% of our parents borrow the money from, since they don't have any either?

Oh, and thanks for admitting the economy is recovering. I thought your campaign platform was contingent on the economy not recovering. We can always count on you for a flip-flop.

Since MOST business start-ups are funded by family money...Romney is talking from experience.

As for his contention that the economy is recovering? Economies always recover after economic downturns. The only thing that's holding this economy back is the inherent distrust that the private sector has in this Administration's policies.

Forum List

Back