Romney says he's fine with gay couples adopting children

Don't be so disingenuous in your title OP...

Doesn't sound to me he's ONBOARD.

What's disingenuous? You just re-posted what I just said. Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children.
And what is bolded in red?

Says to me that HE and Obama are diametrically opposed...so YOU didn't go far enough in your OP did you?:eusa_hand:

Dang you are slow on the uptake.

Since you fail to see the point, let me explain it to you.

Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children but not fine with those gay couples registering their union in order to take advantage of the myraid benefits granted to married couples from the state and federal government, many of those benefits concern children to begin with. It is in the best interests of the adopted children for their parents to have access to those benefits.

It's Romney who isn't going far enough. His statement regarding gays adopting children is wishy-washy. Either commit to gay couples setting up a complete, legal household or don't. He has been just as noncommittal on a number of other issues as well.

WTF is he doing?

He should be forcing the discussion back to the economy. This is a lose, lose and lose again proposition for him.

Immie

Even more so, he needs to commit to his convictions. The man flip-flops more than a fish out of water.

You mean like Obama?

Or is flip flopping only flip flopping when it's not 'evolving'?

Seriously, you're one dumb fuck.

What's disingenuous? You just re-posted what I just said. Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children.

Says to me that HE and Obama are diametrically opposed...so YOU didn't go far enough in your OP did you?:eusa_hand:

Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children but not fine with those gay couples registering their union in order to take advantage of the myraid benefits granted to married couples from the state and federal government, many of those benefits concern children to begin with. It is in the best interests of the adopted children for their parents to have access to those benefits.

It's Romney who isn't going far enough. His statement regarding gays adopting children is wishy-washy. Either commit to gay couples setting up a complete, legal household or don't. He has been just as noncommittal on a number of other issues as well.

Or, maybe, Romney sees marriage as one man and one woman... like I do. Doesn't mean I'm anti-gay or disagree with gays having 'equal rights'.... just that my definition comes from my faith... which I am entitled to, just like you are entitled to your opinion.

Twit.

Romney as well as all Americans are bound by the 14th Amendment, and the only way to get around it is with an amendment against gay marriage. Can't happen.

True. But it’s your man Romney who defies the very mandate of the Amendment. You might be able to ignore that and vote for him anyway, but consider the caliber of judges and justices he’d appoint.

Or, maybe, Romney sees marriage as one man and one woman... like I do. Doesn't mean I'm anti-gay or disagree with gays having 'equal rights'.... just that my definition comes from my faith... which I am entitled to, just like you are entitled to your opinion.

Twit.

You're entitled to your faith and your opinion but when your faith and opinion impedes the Constitutional rights of others, then both your faith and your opinion become irrelevant to the discussion.

Have you always been this stupid or did you take a pill or something?

Just curious.

Idiot.

Or, maybe, Romney sees marriage as one man and one woman... like I do. Doesn't mean I'm anti-gay or disagree with gays having 'equal rights'.... just that my definition comes from my faith... which I am entitled to, just like you are entitled to your opinion. Twit.

I agree that one has the right to make up his opinions based on faith and that one should not mocked for that.

Of course I believe that atheism is open for all of the mockery in the world, particularly on any moral issue.

Great. Gays can adopt children...but hospital visitation...that should be a state's right. Whatever, Mittens.

What fracking country do you live on that you can't get hospital visitation? Can you site a concrete example of any hospital in this country denying anyone visitation? Can you name a single court in any state that wouldn't jump down their throats for doing that?

Moronic comment here and you have written many more.

Call your local hospital, tell them your gay lover is there and that his family won't let you visit.

Tell us what you find out.

That could happen to ANY gay couple that their immediate family are not on board with it...it can happen to anyone that the immediate family does not want there. They would not be turned away just because their gay! That's quite a moronic comment.......... :)

I think it says a lot for Romney when he said Marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman, considering how the left have bashed him for Mormon's beliefs of multiple wives. Shows you that he may be a mormon, but he's not one of the psycho ones that think you can marry as much as they want.

The first link points out that it is illegal to deny visitation, the second claims that the entire family, including children, were not allowed to visit the patient during the 8 hours she was in the trauma center. Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff of a trauma center might have more important things to do than holding hands of relatives. like, just a wild guess, keeping the fracking patient alive?

Thanks for making my point much stronger than I did.

You are a liar, pure and simple.

Feel free to quote from the links Seawytch provided to prove I am lying. Or should I just assume you are stalking me because I showed how stupid you are.

Again.

Romney says he's fine with gay couples adopting children
Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

????

So he's fine with same-sex households but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

Is he jumping on the bandwagon now that Obama came out for gay marriage?
He’s exhibiting his ignorance of the law. As with many republicans Romney incorrectly believes that the Constitution works like a ‘cafeteria plan,’ but one many not take the rights he likes and reject those he disapproves of.

The right to equal access to the law applies to homosexuals as well, whether Romney likes it or not, it is indeed settled law.

And yes, in his classic flip-flop, inconsistent, test the political wind fashion Romney is trying to mitigate his un-Constitutional position of same-sex couples’ access to marriage in the hope of attracting more moderate voters. Of course it won’t work.

Gay people, both married and single have been adopting children for years now.

If gay 'marriage' is going to be recognized, then whomever makes that decision will also have to deal with the financial impact of it as it relates to SS, health care benefits, survivors benefits, etc. And right now with the boomers having paid into the system all their lives it just isn't a good time to tell us whe have to share with people who haven't pulled the same load. It will get ugly.
That doesn’t justify denying same-sex couples their right to equal access to the law.

It is not possible that he is actually presenting his personal views here? Are only Democrats able to have their own views now?

What fracking country do you live on that you can't get hospital visitation? Can you site a concrete example of any hospital in this country denying anyone visitation? Can you name a single court in any state that wouldn't jump down their throats for doing that?

Call your local hospital, tell them your gay lover is there and that his family won't let you visit.

That could happen to ANY gay couple that their immediate family are not on board with it...it can happen to anyone that the immediate family does not want there. They would not be turned away just because their gay! That's quite a moronic comment.......... :)

Because the gay lover isn't family is the point. The family can exclude the significant other for any or no reason in most states. That's the point.

I think it says a lot for Romney when he said Marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman, considering how the left have bashed him for Mormon's beliefs of multiple wives. Shows you that he may be a mormon, but he's not one of the psycho ones that think you can marry as much as they want.

I am not LDS. Their church exalts one man and one woman in a family unit, and has absolutely no use for plural marriages. Now in their temple ceremonies, a man can end up being sealed in eternity to more than one wife. That's asking for too much talking, but each to his one.

Romney will be a fine president.

The first link points out that it is illegal to deny visitation, the second claims that the entire family, including children, were not allowed to visit the patient during the 8 hours she was in the trauma center. Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff of a trauma center might have more important things to do than holding hands of relatives. like, just a wild guess, keeping the fracking patient alive?

Thanks for making my point much stronger than I did.

Feel free to quote from the links Seawytch provided to prove I am lying

You said that I said something differently than what I did. That's lying. Since you made the original charge, go back and quote it. Don't come back until you have it, or you will be the one stalking and squawking, little squeaker. :lol:

Because the gay lover isn't family is the point. The family can exclude the significant other for any or no reason in most states. That's the point.

No they can't. They used to be able to do that, but the real world doesn't live in the 1950s.

Feel free to quote from the links Seawytch provided to prove I am lying

You said that I said something differently than what I did. That's lying. Since you made the original charge, go back and quote it. Don't come back until you have it, or you will be the one stalking and squawking, little squeaker. :lol:

I was responding to Seawytch, didn't mention you, so why should I worry about what you said? Or are you still upset that I called you out on your idiotic belief abuse makes women into lesbians?

Forum List

Back