Romney says he's fine with gay couples adopting children

And what is bolded in red?

Says to me that HE and Obama are diametrically opposed...so YOU didn't go far enough in your OP did you?:eusa_hand:

Dang you are slow on the uptake.

Since you fail to see the point, let me explain it to you.

Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children but not fine with those gay couples registering their union in order to take advantage of the myraid benefits granted to married couples from the state and federal government, many of those benefits concern children to begin with. It is in the best interests of the adopted children for their parents to have access to those benefits.

It's Romney who isn't going far enough. His statement regarding gays adopting children is wishy-washy. Either commit to gay couples setting up a complete, legal household or don't. He has been just as noncommittal on a number of other issues as well.

Or, maybe, Romney sees marriage as one man and one woman... like I do. Doesn't mean I'm anti-gay or disagree with gays having 'equal rights'.... just that my definition comes from my faith... which I am entitled to, just like you are entitled to your opinion.

Twit.

But what makes you "entitled" to force your "faith" on other people?

WTF is he doing?

He should be forcing the discussion back to the economy. This is a lose, lose and lose again proposition for him.

Immie

The problem with your boy Mittens talking abuot the economy, is that eventually, people are going to notice that there's not an inch of daylight between his ideas and George W. Bush's ideas.

You know, the policies that got us into this mess.

Because it's the same crap. Lower taxes for rich douchebags and less regulation on industries like Banking that can't be trusted.

No they can't. They used to be able to do that, but the real world doesn't live in the 1950s.

Yes, they can, and you can't prove that the great majority of the states don't have such laws that prevent significant others from doing such things as visiting their loved ones in the hospital if the family denies visitation.

You are just like JoeB and koshergirl. You simply deny the truth.

Feel free to quote from the links Seawytch provided to prove I am lying

You said that I said something differently than what I did. That's lying. Since you made the original charge, go back and quote it. Don't come back until you have it, or you will be the one stalking and squawking, little squeaker. :lol:

I was responding to Seawytch, didn't mention you, so why should I worry about what you said? Or are you still upset that I called you out on your idiotic belief abuse makes women into lesbians?

Your only defense is to lie, and all here know that. :lol:

No they can't. They used to be able to do that, but the real world doesn't live in the 1950s.

Yes, they can, and you can't prove that the great majority of the states don't have such laws that prevent significant others from doing such things as visiting their loved ones in the hospital if the family denies visitation.

Hey, Snark, it seems like you have a whole "enemies list" on this board, right, left and center.

Has it occurred to you that you might be the asshole?

So Romney is paying lip service.

He's all for gays adopting but since he doesn't want to recognize gay couples legally he is basically denying a gay adoptive parent and the child legal protections that heterosexual couples and their children enjoy.

That's not hypocritical at all.

Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

????

So he's fine with same-sex households but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

Is he jumping on the bandwagon now that Obama came out for gay marriage?

Holy crap sfcalifornia, I'm seeing some funny responses to your post. Spin, obtuseness, denial. And you're asking reasonable questions. Should be interesting to see how this plays out -- when pinned down during the debates, how much will Romney squirm while trying to play the "severe conservative"?

Great stuff.

Yes, they can, and you can't prove that the great majority of the states don't have such laws that prevent significant others from doing such things as visiting their loved ones in the hospital if the family denies visitation. You are just like JoeB and koshergirl. You simply deny the truth.
Hey, Snark, it seems like you have a whole "enemies list" on this board, right, left and center. Has it occurred to you that you might be the asshole?
And I have a crew right, left, and center who don't think I am. :lol: happy sabbath to you, and I will remember you and your family in my prayers for today and this week. And happy mother's day to those in your family.

Yes, they can, and you can't prove that the great majority of the states don't have such laws that prevent significant others from doing such things as visiting their loved ones in the hospital if the family denies visitation. You are just like JoeB and koshergirl. You simply deny the truth.
Hey, Snark, it seems like you have a whole "enemies list" on this board, right, left and center. Has it occurred to you that you might be the asshole?
And I have a crew right, left, and center who don't think I am. :lol: happy sabbath to you, and I will remember you and your family in my prayers for today and this week. And happy mother's day to those in your family.

Okay, whatever, guy. But it seems that you want to list all your enemies in your posts even when they weren't in the conversation, and that's a bit... um... weird.

Okay, whatever, guy. But it seems that you want to list all your enemies in your posts even when they weren't in the conversation, and that's a bit... um... weird.

Ummm . . . you are unhappy about something, and yes, you are weird. The day is beautiful, so have happy thoughts today, JoeB.

That's because he believes it to be a state issue...as does Obama...as does the Supreme Court. Why you hating on Obama's policies? Racist!!!!

The benefit of filing a married federal income tax return or collecting a spouse's Social Security death benefits are not a state issue.

Have you mentioned this to Obama?

I have. I do not believe the government should define marriage for anyone, gay or straight. Laws and codes referencing marriage should be repealed.

What have YOU done to get the government out of marriage?

Great. Gays can adopt children...but hospital visitation...that should be a state's right. Whatever, Mittens.

What fracking country do you live on that you can't get hospital visitation? Can you site a concrete example of any hospital in this country denying anyone visitation? Can you name a single court in any state that wouldn't jump down their throats for doing that?

Florida case: Lisa Marie Pond...read up on it.

Also...

Last edited by a moderator:
The benefit of filing a married federal income tax return or collecting a spouse's Social Security death benefits are not a state issue.

Have you mentioned this to Obama?

I have. I do not believe the government should define marriage for anyone, gay or straight. Laws and codes referencing marriage should be repealed.

What have YOU done to get the government out of marriage?

Yeah, I've always wondered how many of these "no benefits for marriage" folks are married and take advantage of the benefits...

WTF is he doing?

He should be forcing the discussion back to the economy. This is a lose, lose and lose again proposition for him.

Immie

The problem with your boy Mittens talking abuot the economy, is that eventually, people are going to notice that there's not an inch of daylight between his ideas and George W. Bush's ideas.

You know, the policies that got us into this mess.

Because it's the same crap. Lower taxes for rich douchebags and less regulation on industries like Banking that can't be trusted.

Haha, you are as dumb as your union bosses think you are and every time you say "your boy Mittens", when you address me, you prove it.

I suppose you think Obama is different. Did he let you wipe his ass for him once or twice? Is that why you love him so much? Please tell me you discarded the used paper and flushed? Please tell me you have not saved it as a momento of the occassion!

By the way, just how many capitalist pigs did you and your gang beat up last week?

Immie

Last edited:

Hey, Snark, it seems like you have a whole "enemies list" on this board, right, left and center.

Has it occurred to you that you might be the asshole?

Actually, Jake's not too bad.

Has it occured to you that you might just be the asshole? Because you fit the profile especially in your proclivity to defend other violent union assholes.

How many capitalist pigs did you beat up last week?

Immie

Haha, you are as dumb as your union bosses think you are and every time you say "your boy Mittens", when you address me, you prove it.

I suppose you think Obama is different. Did he let you wipe his ass for him once or twice? Is that why you love him so much? Please tell me you discarded the used paper and flushed? Please tell me you have not saved it as a momento of the occassion!

By the way, just how many capitalist pigs did you and your gang beat up last week?

Immie

Wow, guy, now you are just getting vulgar and silly, which is a sure sign you've lost the argument.

Get back to me when you can defend Boy Mittens on substance, okay?

Forum List

Back