Romney says he's fine with gay couples adopting children

Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

????

So he's fine with same-sex households but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

Is he jumping on the bandwagon now that Obama came out for gay marriage?

Unless you can show him getting some financial gain from conservatives from this stance it is more a matter of principle than an attempt to jump on the same bandwagon that got Obama $15 million yesterday.

Great. Gays can adopt children...but hospital visitation...that should be a state's right. Whatever, Mittens.

What fracking country do you live on that you can't get hospital visitation? Can you site a concrete example of any hospital in this country denying anyone visitation? Can you name a single court in any state that wouldn't jump down their throats for doing that?

WTF is he doing?

He should be forcing the discussion back to the economy. This is a lose, lose and lose again proposition for him.

Immie

Even more so, he needs to commit to his convictions. The man flip-flops more than a fish out of water.

Fish that left the water are the ones that evolved.

Actually, everything on this planet evolved, even the coelacanth. You would know that if you knew anything about evolution.

Why is it that a person who believes in God understands science better than one who denies His existence?

The benefit of filing a married federal income tax return or collecting a spouse's Social Security death benefits are not a state issue.

Have you mentioned this to Obama?

Don't have to. He has already endorsed legislation which would repeal DOMA. Your claim is bogus.

How bold of him, endorsing something he knows has no chance of passing. Is there a reason he didn't work on this during his first year in office like he promised, was he to busy running for reelection?

Adoption should be looked at realistically and Romney is being realistic. The best family for a child is one where they will have a mother and a father. For many children this isn't possible. For whatever reason a child isn't adoptable by a heterosexual couple. The alternative is to be shunted around from overcrowded and uncaring foster home to another overcrowded and uncaring foster home. Romney recognizes that a gay family unit is better than the alternative. The family unit should not be a "marriage" which would necessarily redefine marriage and open up the possibility of redefining it even further until the whole concept becomes meaningless.

Great. Gays can adopt children...but hospital visitation...that should be a state's right. Whatever, Mittens.

What fracking country do you live on that you can't get hospital visitation? Can you site a concrete example of any hospital in this country denying anyone visitation? Can you name a single court in any state that wouldn't jump down their throats for doing that?

Moronic comment here and you have written many more.

Call your local hospital, tell them your gay lover is there and that his family won't let you visit.

Tell us what you find out.

WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygNAnIG8g_E]Lou Reed - There is No Time - New York Album - YouTube[/ame]

This IS the time, because there is NO TIME!

Call your local hospital, tell them your gay lover is there and that his family won't let you visit.

Aren't you the one that tried to paint me as a wingnut because I called you out on thinking that sexual abuse causes lesbianism?

I live in San Francisco, my local hospitals have to let me in if I say I am gay and want to see my partner, even if the family wants to keep me out, the only way they will listen to the family over me is if my gay lover is under 18.

Want to try again, or will you just slink off again like every other time I made you look like an idiot?

Aren't you the one that tried to paint me as a wingnut because I called you out on thinking that sexual abuse causes lesbianism?

I live in San Francisco, my local hospitals have to let me in if I say I am gay and want to see my partner, even if the family wants to keep me out, the only way they will listen to the family over me is if my gay lover is under 18.

You are a wing nut, because you refused to believe that women said that the abuse helped influence their development sexually.

You live in California that has good laws. Many many states, don't you know that?

You have no idea about these civil union laws at all.

Want to look more moronic? Try it again.

I live in the United States where gays and lesbians are denied hospital visitation.

Woman denied visitation of partner at local hospital

Court dismisses case brought by partner denied hospital visitation

I live in the United States where gays and lesbians are denied hospital visitation.

The first link points out that it is illegal to deny visitation, the second claims that the entire family, including children, were not allowed to visit the patient during the 8 hours she was in the trauma center. Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff of a trauma center might have more important things to do than holding hands of relatives. like, just a wild guess, keeping the fracking patient alive?

Thanks for making my point much stronger than I did.

Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

????

So he's fine with same-sex households but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

Gay people, both married and single have been adopting children for years now.

If gay 'marriage' is going to be recognized, then whomever makes that decision will also have to deal with the financial impact of it as it relates to SS, health care benefits, survivors benefits, etc. And right now with the boomers having paid into the system all their lives it just isn't a good time to tell us whe have to share with people who haven't pulled the same load. It will get ugly.

The first link points out that it is illegal to deny visitation, the second claims that the entire family, including children, were not allowed to visit the patient during the 8 hours she was in the trauma center. Do you think it is remotely possible that the staff of a trauma center might have more important things to do than holding hands of relatives. like, just a wild guess, keeping the fracking patient alive?

Thanks for making my point much stronger than I did.

You are a liar, pure and simple.

Romney says he's fine with gay couples adopting children

????

He’s exhibiting his ignorance of the law. As with many republicans Romney incorrectly believes that the Constitution works like a ‘cafeteria plan,’ but one many not take the rights he likes and reject those he disapproves of.

The right to equal access to the law applies to homosexuals as well, whether Romney likes it or not, it is indeed settled law.

And yes, in his classic flip-flop, inconsistent, test the political wind fashion Romney is trying to mitigate his un-Constitutional position of same-sex couples’ access to marriage in the hope of attracting more moderate voters. Of course it won’t work.

Gay people, both married and single have been adopting children for years now.

If gay 'marriage' is going to be recognized, then whomever makes that decision will also have to deal with the financial impact of it as it relates to SS, health care benefits, survivors benefits, etc. And right now with the boomers having paid into the system all their lives it just isn't a good time to tell us whe have to share with people who haven't pulled the same load. It will get ugly.
That doesn’t justify denying same-sex couples their right to equal access to the law.

Romney as well as all Americans are bound by the 14th Amendment, and the only way to get around it is with an amendment against gay marriage. Can't happen.

Forum List

Back