Romney says he's fine with gay couples adopting children

Don't be so disingenuous in your title OP...
In his most detailed comments to date on the issue of civil rights for gay people, Romney told Fox News television host Neil Cavuto, "I know many gay couples that are able to adopt children. That's fine. But my preference is that we ... continue to define marriage as the relationship between man and a women."

Doesn't sound to me he's ONBOARD.

In his most detailed comments to date on the issue of civil rights for gay people, Romney told Fox News television host Neil Cavuto, "I know many gay couples that are able to adopt children. That's fine. But my preference is that we ... continue to define marriage as the relationship between man and a women."

What's disingenuous? You just re-posted what I just said. Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children.

WTF is he doing?

He should be forcing the discussion back to the economy. This is a lose, lose and lose again proposition for him.

Immie

WTF is he doing?

He should be forcing the discussion back to the economy. This is a lose, lose and lose again proposition for him.

Immie

Even more so, he needs to commit to his convictions. The man flip-flops more than a fish out of water.

WTF is he doing?

Immie

I think so also, but the hard core social conservatives have Romney at the brink.

Romney says he's "fine" with gay couples adopting children - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

????

So he's fine with same-sex households but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

Is he jumping on the bandwagon now that Obama came out for gay marriage?

Less than TWO years ago, Florida's archaic BAN on gay Floridians* adopting was tossed out. Romney knows he has no shot at convincing sane voters if he is anti gay adoption.

*NOTE: gay citizens could be foster parents, shelter home care givers, AND guardians, but could not adopt.

I'm glad he is. I don't care what conservatives think of same sex parents, it's unimaginably better than leaving the kid in the system.

Great. Gays can adopt children...but hospital visitation...that should be a state's right. Whatever, Mittens.

The hardcore right in Florida fought against gay Floridians being able to adopt, less than two years ago. It was disturbing.

...but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

That's because he believes it to be a state issue...as does Obama...as does the Supreme Court. Why you hating on Obama's policies? Racist!!!!

The benefit of filing a married federal income tax return or collecting a spouse's Social Security death benefits are not a state issue.

What's disingenuous? You just re-posted what I just said. Romney is fine with gay couples adopting children.
And what is bolded in red?

Says to me that HE and Obama are diametrically opposed...so YOU didn't go far enough in your OP did you?:eusa_hand:

...but stops short at the government recognizing the relationship?

That's because he believes it to be a state issue...as does Obama...as does the Supreme Court. Why you hating on Obama's policies? Racist!!!!

The benefit of filing a married federal income tax return or collecting a spouse's Social Security death benefits are not a state issue.

Have you mentioned this to Obama?

I have. I do not believe the government should define marriage for anyone, gay or straight. Laws and codes referencing marriage should be repealed.

Says to me that HE and Obama are diametrically opposed...so YOU didn't go far enough in your OP did you?:eusa_hand:

Romney is prevaricating. He is very carefully parsing his words.

He is saying he would define the word "marriage" as being between a man and a woman. He is NOT saying that gays should not be able to marry by a means identical to marriage in all but name and receive the same benefits as a man/woman marriage.

I guarantee you some day he will explain this when he openly supports gay marriage when he feels the time is right.

Have you mentioned this to Obama?

Don't have to. He has already endorsed legislation which would repeal DOMA. Your claim is bogus.

Opposed on an issue that, while related, doesn't necessarily impact the fact that Romney would be okay with same sex couples adopting. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Forum List

Back