Romney: Income Inequality should be discussed in "Quiet Rooms"

In context, all those things still sound really horrible.

Only to a fucking idiot.

You clearly do not understand 'context'. Which is what makes you a fucking idiot.

No, the "context" is that he's a guy who has made nine figures screwing over people who only make five figures.

Except the five figure people get to vote on the matter in November.

In context, all those things still sound really horrible.

Only to a fucking idiot.

You clearly do not understand 'context'. Which is what makes you a fucking idiot.

No, the "context" is that he's a guy who has made nine figures screwing over people who only make five figures.

Except the five figure people get to vote on the matter in November.

Your opinion is not 'context'. I suggest you read up on Bains Capital and find out exactly what companies they have invested in and the outcomes of those investments. Then come back and tell me exactly how 'evil' it is.

I'll wait.

Bain made money by forcing companies into bankruptcy, laying off workers in good paying jobs, offshoring jobs and by chopping these companies up and selling them off.

Think Richard Gere in Pretty Woman, but without the turnaround at the end.

Naturally, vulture capitalist Willard doesn't want THIS talked about in public where people can hear it...

middleclassshrink.png

Naturally, vulture capitalist Willard doesn't want THIS talked about in public where people can hear it...

middleclassshrink.png

Actually, what he was talking about was the need for 'income inequality' to be addressed in policy making.... with reason, and logic.... and not in some media spin designed not to inform but to outrage.

And I agree with him. This thread is a classic example of why we need to use calm, rational thought.... because the media are incapable of not spinning the meaning of a person's words... and fools are not capable of thinking beyond the media spin.

Sorry Willard, but the poor folks get to enter in on the discussion about income inequality too. We know that makes Willard uncomfortable, having to deal with the rabble, but that's too bad. We already know that he only thinks rich people should be in politics and involved in those "quiet, backroom" conversations.

Sorry Willard, but the poor folks get to enter in on the discussion about income inequality too. We know that makes Willard uncomfortable, having to deal with the rabble, but that's too bad. We already know that he only thinks rich people should be in politics and involved in those "quiet, backroom" conversations.

Where was your 'outrage' when Obama did 'backroom' deals on HealthCare? Hmmm?

And, again, if you look at what he said, in context, the meaning is quite different. But perhaps having lawmakers use rational debate, and calm logic does not suit your agenda?

middleclassshrink.png

Actually, what he was talking about was the need for 'income inequality' to be addressed in policy making.... with reason, and logic.... and not in some media spin designed not to inform but to outrage.

And I agree with him. This thread is a classic example of why we need to use calm, rational thought.... because the media are incapable of not spinning the meaning of a person's words... and fools are not capable of thinking beyond the media spin.

Problem is these smoke filled...er quiet rooms wont have regular people in the discussion. Thats the point. Willard thinks the public is illgoical and irrational. Therefore leave it up to the elites to determine what is fair.

If you believe for one minute his quiet room comment was anything other than a way to keep regular irrational illogical guys i.e. the public away from the discussion you are lying. Leave it up to the elites!

middleclassshrink.png

Problem is these smoke filled...er quiet rooms wont have regular people in the discussion. Thats the point. Willard thinks the public is illgoical and irrational. Therefore leave it up to the elites to determine what is fair.

If you believe for one minute his quiet room comment was anything other than a way to keep regular irrational illogical guys i.e. the public away from the discussion you are lying. Leave it up to the elites!

So, did the media tell you what "Willard" thinks? Or have you recently become telepathic?

Having said that, IF that is what he thinks - judging by the bullshit on this forum - he may well be right. It does appear that many Americans lean towards hyperbolic bullshit instead of rational thought.

And, again, if you look at what he said, in context, the meaning is quite different. But perhaps having lawmakers use rational debate, and calm logic does not suit your agenda?

My outrage was available for all to see. I wanted (and still hope for) a public option. I think our health care got sold out to insurance companies...just like FreedomWorks wanted it to...which is why they shipped in all those people for Tea Bagger rallies.

I've watched the video, in context, twice now. When you combine what he said with previous statements...it adds up to an uber wealthy, silver spooned asshole not wanting to associate with the rabble. :D

Perception is everything and Willard is perceived as the robber baron bad guy that is the formula in so many Hollywood movies. :lol:

How come Willard thinks that discussions about the crushing income inequality in this country should be discussed in "quiet rooms" but Welfare reform must be screamed about by all the GOP candidates? Hmmm?

My outrage was available for all to see. I wanted (and still hope for) a public option. I think our health care got sold out to insurance companies...just like FreedomWorks wanted it to...which is why they shipped in all those people for Tea Bagger rallies.

I've watched the video, in context, twice now. When you combine what he said with previous statements...it adds up to an uber wealthy, silver spooned asshole not wanting to associate with the rabble. :D

Perception is everything and Willard is perceived as the robber baron bad guy that is the formula in so many Hollywood movies. :lol:

Perception is everything to the simple minded. Those with a brain prefer reality.

Actually, what it adds up to is him saying that our representatives (those that we elect to do what is right on our behalf) must look at the whole issue of 'income inequality' with calm reason and logic.... and fix it. And I agree with him on that. I have no issue with our lawmakers addressing the issue... but I would prefer that they do it rationally rather than bullshitting about it in the media. The reason for that is not that I don't think it should be debated in public - but that the public should at least inform themselves before debating it... which, by the evidence of this forum, they have not.... and that we use facts, not partisan hyperbole to inform the debate.... which, again by the evidence of this forum, many of us are not capable of doing.

Perception is everything to the simple minded. Those with a brain prefer reality.

Actually, what it adds up to is him saying that our representatives (those that we elect to do what is right on our behalf) must look at the whole issue of 'income inequality' with calm reason and logic.... and fix it. And I agree with him on that. I have no issue with our lawmakers addressing the issue... but I would prefer that they do it rationally rather than bullshitting about it in the media. The reason for that is not that I don't think it should be debated in public - but that the public should at least inform themselves before debating it... which, by the evidence of this forum, they have not.... and that we use facts, not partisan hyperbole to inform the debate.... which, again by the evidence of this forum, many of us are not capable of doing.

And, naturally, you feel the same way about candidates/media and welfare reform, SS reform, Medicare reform, etc, right? All those shouldn't be discussed except in "quiet rooms" by elected lawmakers, right?

And, naturally, you feel the same way about candidates/media and welfare reform, SS reform, Medicare reform, etc, right? All those shouldn't be discussed except in "quiet rooms" by elected lawmakers, right?

Apparently, you are incapable of basic comprehension. This is why I rarely engage in rational discussion with you.... I never said what you claim I said. Which backs up my opinion that many people lack the ability to discuss the topic rationally. You lied. Point blank lied. And you expect to be taken seriously? Why?

Twit.

Interesting that you disagree that 'income inequality' should be discussed when making policy. 'Income inequality' should be discussed in quiet rooms - where rational people can make rational policy to deal with 'income inequality'.

I am not surprised that the left insist on 'misunderstanding' what Romney said.

Romney's tax plan, as analyzed by the Tax Policy Center, would raise taxes on almost everyone making less than 50,000 a year,

and would cut taxes for almost everyone with higher incomes.

Does that sound like 'rational policy' regarding 'income equality' to you ?

There's no such thing as income inequality. There is envy. There is jealousy. But no income inequality.

There's no such thing as income inequality. There is envy. There is jealousy. But no income inequality.

It's not quite as straightforward as that.

Which is why I agree with Romney - it needs to be addressed by rational people with logic and reason.... and not by a bunch of ill-informed twits who form opinions without reference to facts.

There is a finite amount of 'the pie'.

Income inequality relates to who gets how much of the pie.

Should the workers who actually do the work get more or less?

Should the capitalists who let their money do the work get more or less?

Forum List

Back