Romney: I say there's just no way (for Israel Palestinian Peace) Do you agree?

Aug 7, 2012
Romney: I say there's just no way (for Israel Palestinian Peace)

Do you agree?

(CBS News) At the same fundraiser where Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney described the majority of President Obama's supporters as people who are "dependent on government" and "believe that they are victims," Romney also talked foreign policy, specifically his view that peace in the Middle East may not be feasible.

In a video obtained by Mother Jones that was shot at a May 17 fundraiser, Romney was asked how the Israeli-Palestinian issue could be resolved. Romney responded by saying the Palestinians aren't interested in peace.

"I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and I say there's just no way," Romney is heard saying on the video.

Of course there isnt a real chance for peace. The parties dont want it. If they did, there would be peace. Forcing them to make peace makes as much sense screwing to remain virgins. They have to resolve their differences between themselves. If we try to force them into peace, they may not fight, but there will always be anger and hate between them under the surface.

the part of what he said that was originally elimninated has been released.

It pretty much ruins this thread.

It revealed that he agreed it is just a matter of time before the Palestinians WANT peace.

He said we cant force it on them...we must wait until they want it.

An example of someone taking a viodeo and splicing it for political expediency.

Do you agree?

(CBS News) At the same fundraiser where Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney described the majority of President Obama's supporters as people who are "dependent on government" and "believe that they are victims," Romney also talked foreign policy, specifically his view that peace in the Middle East may not be feasible.

In a video obtained by Mother Jones that was shot at a May 17 fundraiser, Romney was asked how the Israeli-Palestinian issue could be resolved. Romney responded by saying the Palestinians aren't interested in peace.

"I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and I say there's just no way," Romney is heard saying on the video.

so mr history, what makes you think the parties want peace?

They will never want peace. They have always rejected the two state solution and now, that America is in retreat around the world, they see their chance of getting what they want.

Neither the Palestinians nor the Arab world want peace with Israel. They want the land back, plain and simple.

he's not very presidential. Hearing a candidate say the things he does is one thing - but when a president says crap like this - it's a real problem.

he's not very presidential. Hearing a candidate say the things he does is one thing - but when a president says crap like this - it's a real problem.

Let me get the straight, it's ok for Obama to vilify the rich but Romney can't say anything about the 47 percent.

Both are Americans so tell me what is the difference between one and the other?

Willard is just another zionist shrill in the pocket of AIPAC and Israel.I really don't give a flying fuck what he says since he obviously already has his mind made up of the ME just like every other idiot running for president. I agree there will never be peace until Israel gives back the land it stole and apologizes for the slaughter of millions of Palestinians and the displacement of millions more. Anyone want a good neutral view of the situation in Palestine then read this book. Deliberate Deceptions: Facing the Facts About the US-Israeli Relationship Its by Paul Findley a former congressman. Israel isn't as innocent as it claims to be in any way.Read that if you want a neutral history of what has happened since the 1940's in Palestine.

Do you agree?

The same thing was said about the English and the Irish. Worked that one out.

http://journals.hil.unb.ca/index.php/jcs/article/view/11750/12521

Do you agree?

so mr history, what makes you think the parties want peace?

I agree with Romney. They don't want peace. The ME doesn't want peace and they don't want a western way of life or democracy. That is why it will be a hopeless cause there no matter who is president. If Romney were to announce that he was in favor of leaving the ME to their own devices, sink or swim, I might even consider voting for him. But I doubt he'd do that and neither will Obama.

I was asking for people's opinions on what Romney said--whether they agree or disagree.

There honestly will never be peace between the jews and Muslims. They been at this for thousands of years!

Actually Jews and Muslims got along just fine in Spain in the 15th century and under the Ottomans. Much better than under the Christians in Europe.
But this isn't like that. The Palestinians suffer from one of the worst kleptocracies in the middle east. They have been the recipients of probably trillions of dollars in aid and they are poorer today than ever. The only way for the leaders to make it work is convince everyone that Israel is their problem.
Given that, the Palestinian leadership has no reason to pursue peace. The opposite. So Mitt is correct.

Forum List

Back