Romney: I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.

What would be the point of schmoozing with the peons anyway? We already know he isn't one, it's not like that would trick me into a newfound appreciation for the guy.

it is campaign season.

where babies are kissed, tanks are ridden, labs are visited, and ribbons are cut.

Why is being successful a bad thing?

I have a heart surgeon as a friend. I've never asked but I'm sure he has a ton of money. Should I shun him?
There is certainly nothing wrong with being successful, however it depends on what you have done to become successful.

So now NASCAR owners are evil?

WTF is wrong with you people.

I have a heart surgeon as a friend. I've never asked but I'm sure he has a ton of money. Should I shun him?
There is certainly nothing wrong with being successful, however it depends on what you have done to become successful.

Curious...

Do you give one more credit for becoming successful as a greocery store chain owner and making money on furnishing the people with a need such as food..

Or more creidt to a man that took failed business models and did what he could to turn them around.

Do you give more credit to a doctor who makes makes all kinds of money to heal the sick

Or more creidt to a man that took failed business models and did what he could to turn them around?

Mitt Romney went to the Daytona 500 NASCAR race Sunday for what should have been a chance to show he's one of the guys. Instead, in casual conversation with an Associated Press reporter at the Florida track, he reminded people once again that he is not exactly a regular Joe.

Asked by the AP reporter if he follows NASCAR, Romney responded, "Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans. But I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners."

Democrats and liberals quickly ridiculed the remark on Twitter.

Shocking! :rolleyes:

I suppose they'd prefer he'd pose as if he's some ardent fan, so they could ridicule him for that instead...........

OMG Mitt has rich friends! TWIT TWIT TWITTAH! :lol:

:lol:

Settle down, Beavis

So now NASCAR owners are evil?

WTF is wrong with you people.

Deranged Obama-Bot programming. They can't help themselves. They're just nutter bots. :cuckoo:

I bet most of you are hypocrites. I bet most of you ALSO associate with people of your own ilk and priorities.

Apparently now to be presidential material you are required to associate with someone you have NOTHING in common with.

Someone call Obama and inform him of the new regulations so he can dump all his rich friends.

I bet most of you are hypocrites. I bet most of you ALSO associate with people of your own ilk and priorities.

Apparently now to be presidential material you are required to associate with someone you have NOTHING in common with.

Someone call Obama and inform him of the new regulations so he can dump all his rich friends.

how much? 10.000 dolares?

What is wrong with NASCAR?

Nothing according to 97.3% of rednecks ;)

I Just never was into auto eroticism.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. made $29 million last year.
How'd you make out, asswipe?

He calls it auto eroticism.

Which means he is ridiculing something he knows nothing about.

NASCAR is not nearly as much about the car as it is about the dirver, the pit crew and the strategy.

As a matter of fact, due to restrictor plates and the mandate that all cars offer the same capability on the track, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the car.

The problem is that for some reason we have come to believe that the president has to be all things to all people. He doesn't.

People seem to think we are electing a First Daddy. Both sides are guilty of perpetuating this, too.

The racist African American Democrat OP left out the all-important..."NASCAR is RACIST!!!!!" ;)

What would be the point of schmoozing with the peons anyway? We already know he isn't one, it's not like that would trick me into a newfound appreciation for the guy.

Exactly, it is what it is. :lol: He has a certain appreciation for the sport and he answered the question honestly, God forbid... Funny, the Dems were also all atwitter over him talking about his personal automobiles in a speech in Michigan.

OMG he said he has 2 Cadillacs... OMFG I can't believe he just said that!!!

Well, geesh he was talking to an auto industry audience and in the context of his speech, he was just being honest about the cars he owns... If he had brought up only certain vehicles, and left out the ones that trigger typical class envy, you know they'd just dig up "the dirt" and reveal <gasp> The Romney's own two Cadillacs!!!

:lame2:

Forum List

Back