Romney, HOLY CRAP

He did it in Massachusetts I see no reason why couldn't do it again he sure couldn't do any worse in reaching across the aisle than Obama has.

Romney clearly did not relish having to work with a Legislature that was 85 percent Democratic. He pushed hard during his first two years as governor to boost the number of Republicans on Beacon Hill. But that effort was a failure; Republicans ended up losing seats in the midterm elections.

Romney gave up on party building. "From now on," he told The Boston Globe, "it's me-me-me."
Romney As Governor: 800 Vetoes And One Big Deal : NPR

Are you expect anyone to take NPR as a serious source?

Really?

:lol::lol:

But the GOP nominee consistently struggled to have his veto upheld during his tenure. Romney used his line-item veto 844 times, more than 700 of which were overturned by the Legislature, including every veto offered during his last year in office, according to an analysis by the Boston Globe.
Overturned vetoes belie Romney claim of bipartisan success - latimes.com

I just heard Romney tell a crowd in Wisconsin that, as President, he'll reach across the aisle and work with Democrats to solve our country's problems!

HOLY CRAP, the GOP isn't gonna let him get away with that shit, are they?

I've said from the get go that's why I support Romney. He has a solid record of banging heads, and dragging both sides together for the good of the people. Which is exactly what we pay them to do.

Whomever the next President turns out to be, he'll need to be able to build consensus. Somehow. The clock is ticking, and this paralysis is killing us quickly.

I just heard Romney tell a crowd in Wisconsin that, as President, he'll reach across the aisle and work with Democrats to solve our country's problems!

I've said from the get go that's why I support Romney. He has a solid record of banging heads, and dragging both sides together for the good of the people. Which is exactly what we pay them to do.

nothing says works well with others like 700+ vetoes being overturned.

yeah, mitt's a prize

He did it in Massachusetts I see no reason why couldn't do it again he sure couldn't do any worse in reaching across the aisle than Obama has.

Romney clearly did not relish having to work with a Legislature that was 85 percent Democratic. He pushed hard during his first two years as governor to boost the number of Republicans on Beacon Hill. But that effort was a failure; Republicans ended up losing seats in the midterm elections.

Romney gave up on party building. "From now on," he told The Boston Globe, "it's me-me-me."

Really?

For example, the claim that Romney issued 800 vetoes as governor of Massachusetts fails to mention that more than 700 of them were overturned by the Massachusetts Legislature. Back in 2007, when Romney made a similar claim, FactCheck.org independently obtained a complete list of veto overrides covering all four of Romney’s budgets and found that the overrides for fiscal years 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 totaled 707 of the more than 800 line-item vetoes that Romney had issued. Massachusetts’ Legislature, the General Court, was overwhelmingly Democratic while Romney was governor. But in some cases, even the Republicans went against Romney. A minimum wage bill that Romney vetoed in 2006 was overridden unanimously, for example.
FactCheck.org : Romney vs. Santorum: A Misleading Contrast

One of the big questions of this election has always been, if Romney is elected is who will run the presidency. Will Romney or the Republican party take the reins? I strongly suspect the Republian party leadership will take over. Romney has proven to be so flexible that he's like a falling leaf and I expect nothing from him but what he is told to do. Surely it has been the Republican party running Romney's campaign, no single person could be that stupid.
America has had these presidents before, either run by a party boss, as Mark Hannah or by committee as was president Harding.

Didn't your dear leader Maobama say the same thing, of course he never tried and pissed off the republicans from the get go. I think Romney will make an effort, if he wins he should have majorities in both houses, so he could do allot without them.

You people have small fucking memories, and warped fucking views of reality.

Obama has constantly reached across the aisle, pissing off tons of liberals in the way he's chosen to do so. In the areas we'd rather him not have compromised, he's done so.

So fuck your geezer memory.

Perfect summary of Romney below. A vote for Romney/Ryan is a vote against the fundamental idea of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

So I suppose when I get fined for not purchasing healthcare, that will be an example of the government letting me live my life privately without inference.

One of the big questions of this election has always been, if Romney is elected is who will run the presidency. Will Romney or the Republican party take the reins? I strongly suspect the Republian party leadership will take over. Romney has proven to be so flexible that he's like a falling leaf and I expect nothing from him but what he is told to do. Surely it has been the Republican party running Romney's campaign, no single person could be that stupid.
America has had these presidents before, either run by a party boss, as Mark Hannah or by committee as was president Harding.

So who do you suppose is running Obama?

Really?

why don't you check with one of your special, secret sources and get back to us, sandi?

800 vetoes, most of them overturned. that's the facts.

Whomever the next President turns out to be, he'll need to be able to build consensus. Somehow. The clock is ticking, and this paralysis is killing us quickly.

I am of the mind that Congress has already come to a consensus: they'll allow us to keep paying them and they'll keep ignoring the house burning down around them.

:clap2:

Hack OP thread.

Hey, I'm just curious how the "us vs. them" absolutists who have taken over party are going to spin this.

Seems like a reasonable question.

There is nothing to spin, they think the constitution should be followed, that won't change. If Romney wants to do something that isn't in line with that he may need some dems.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3RHnKYNvx8]FDR "Let Me Warn You" (1936).m4v - YouTube[/ame]

So who do you suppose is running Obama?

Only a few presidents have been run by committee or party boss. The strong presidents, no one runs. The strong presidents are pretty easy to spot, they are accused of being kings, dicatators of disobeying the Constitution and so on. The placid, the don't make waves, presidents are also easy to spot--with time.
When Mckinley was shot and Teddy Roosevelt took over, Mark Hannah was beside himself because he knew he was not going to run TR.
Think of presidents long past, and see if you come up with a Fillmore, and Harrison or a Lincoln and Jefferson.

Ole Senile Harry has already said he ain't going to be cooperative. I know...nothing new there.

Forum List

Back